PDA

View Full Version : One final time

slaskmillereturns
13-11-2015, 03:48 PM
All obstacles aside.... if given the chance would you love to see the millers one more time play a game at millmoor before the old girl is gone..

I for one would have to say a big big yes

Deepmidwinter
13-11-2015, 03:55 PM
The old girl has already gone I'm afraid.

gramiller1959
13-11-2015, 04:00 PM
they did :/

CAMiller
13-11-2015, 04:00 PM
I must admit it would be a long way down my bucket list of "If only I could............."

leedsmiller
13-11-2015, 04:07 PM
I spent 50 years watching the Millers play at Millmoor, the only benefit of a return would be to emphasise just how fortunate we are to have NYS.

kempo
13-11-2015, 04:20 PM
At this rate you may get your wish!

jolly_roger
13-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Legend has it that when a full moon coincides with a Saturday that the ghost of an elderly gentleman wanders the site of the Millmoor old stand rattling a collecting tin and moaning "show me the munny"

mikemiller
13-11-2015, 04:32 PM
If Millmoor was renovated and in a safe state - yes....but that is never going to happen

Deepmidwinter
13-11-2015, 04:34 PM
[quote="jolly_roger"[/quote]

He is also heard to mutter, "Close the turn styles, it's a quarter to three".

CAMiller
13-11-2015, 04:34 PM
[quote="jolly_roger"[/quote]

Sounds like the plot of a film staring Alastair Sim and Tom Cruise XD

jolly_roger
13-11-2015, 04:42 PM
And that bloke from Dads Army........we're all doooooomed

Brin
13-11-2015, 06:13 PM
I personally would like to collect something from the ground before it's demolished….

Can't think where I'd put a floodleet that big though….I've only got a small back garden...:(

Deepmidwinter
13-11-2015, 06:14 PM
I personally would like to collect something from the ground before it's demolished….

Can't think where I'd put a floodleet that big though….I've only got a small back garden...:(

You could store it in your cardy?

jolly_roger
13-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Get all the firkin stand in there. XD

Brin
13-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Get all the firkin stand in there. XD

You pair o' cheeky t.wats!

XD XD XD

Deepmidwinter
13-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Quite right Brin, I think we went a bit too far there. And to be fair I certainly don't think that with the flood light in it you would have been able to button your cardy.

jolly_roger
13-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Is that a torch in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

Nay lass it's mi Millmoor floodleet

millers88
13-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Take all the seats back out the tivoli stand and i would love that to happen, Millmoor never got the send off it deserved when we played Barnet because nobody knew at the time what was gonna happen.

millavanilla
13-11-2015, 10:00 PM
:D Shame that he wasnt really interested in the club..he was, however, instrumental in the clubs now well being.. if he hadnt stepped in, we may not be here now..so its thanks to ken for helping us preserve our famous football club...famous? Well arnt the english football leagues supposed to be the best in the world?.well arnt we part of that..never been non league?..well then we're famous.. :D

Deepmidwinter
14-11-2015, 08:40 AM
If there's a final auction I'd like to buy one of those turn-styles that people used to climb over

Brin
15-11-2015, 09:41 AM
If there's a final auction I'd like to buy one of those turn-styles that people used to climb over

Ah... But would you pay for it or hop over it and then walk off with it without paying?

Wonder how much revenue the club actually lost with hoppers.... Also how much was pocketed by some of the bent people operating them?

Ericsladkilnhurst
15-11-2015, 09:58 AM
I wonder how many Limbo dancer's got in for Now't >;)

brassgnat
15-11-2015, 10:06 AM
I've got a Chewing Gum rack from one of the tea bars. What happened to the press/ signal box?

Deepmidwinter
15-11-2015, 02:48 PM

Ah... But would you pay for it or hop over it and then walk off with it without paying?

Wonder how much revenue the club actually lost with hoppers.... Also how much was pocketed by some of the bent people operating them? [/quote]

Many's the time I've thought "must be nearly 8,000 in today", only to find out in the Green'un that the official attendance was 3,486.

Brin
15-11-2015, 02:50 PM

Wonder how much revenue the club actually lost with hoppers.... Also how much was pocketed by some of the bent people operating them? [/quote]

Many's the time I've thought "must be nearly 8,000 in today", only to find out in the Green'un that the official attendance was 3,486.[/quote]

Exactly! Tax man didn't need to know though so it was always several thousand under...it was all about the muneeee ya know ;D

Deepmidwinter
15-11-2015, 03:27 PM

Many's the time I've thought "must be nearly 8,000 in today", only to find out in the Green'un that the official attendance was 3,486.[/quote]

Exactly! Tax man didn't need to know though so it was always several thousand under...it was all about the muneeee ya know ;D [/quote]

And yet I seem to remember that QPR were once disciplined by the Football for EXAGGERATING the size of their crowds.