PDA

View Full Version : They're still crawling out of the woodwork at Fifa

ClaretTony2014
16-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Ganesh Thapa from Nepal has received a ten year ban - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34832327)

frankinwales
16-11-2015, 10:31 AM
I think he deserves much more than a ban....................jail.........

BBC alleging he's taken millions of pounds from such a poor country's sport..................shame on you.

Up the Clarets

nutsinmay
16-11-2015, 11:09 AM
I'm totally cynical about everything to do with FIFA now. I would think that Blatter's 'illness' is the beginning of his attempts to stay out of jail - "Oh you couldn't send a poor old sick man to prison".

mkmel
16-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Can somebody tell me why FIFA hasn't been disbanded and a new organisation formed and taken it's place and maybe base it in say the USA?

And why we're at it have another clean vote on the previously rigged 2018 & 2022 World Cups

nutsinmay
16-11-2015, 02:20 PM
I agree mkmel. The answer, I feel, is that no-one is prepared to jump off the gravy train and actually do an honest day's work.

domclaret
16-11-2015, 02:32 PM
If Blatter and Platini passed the ethics committee these who fail must be the biggest criminals in the world.

Pieandapint
16-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Based in the USA? That may clean things up somewhat but I'd hate to think what they'd do to the game itself.

Duffer_
16-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Why are we looking to the USA? Let's have our game back. Football's coming home, it's coming...

UTC!

buxtonclaret
16-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Would imagine untold millions of so called 'Development' fund money to poorer countries, where accountability is one huge grey area, has been Septics biggest asset in his outrageous manipulations, and used in a way to perpetuate his power base.
Many have been saying for a long time now that FIFA should be dismantled in its entirety.

nutsinmay
16-11-2015, 08:44 PM
I'd like to see a breakaway group of nations (e.g. all the previous World Cup winners) set up a new organisation and invite others to join them in an inaugural tournament staged to coincide with the 2018 World Cup. it would only take the backing of one major TV network to get it going.

Of course this would never happen because the 'grey suits' in the FAs don't have the balls. They pontificate about corruption but do nothing about it.

It'll be interesting to see how Seb Coe gets on - I fear that the decision maker as to whether Russia competes in the next Olympics will be Putin after someone whispers in Coe's ear.

Funkydrummer
16-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Just been an advert on Ch5 for a programme entitled :-

"Sepp Blatter Exposed: The Fall of FIFA - part of Law and Disorder Week

Next Monday at 9pm - could be interesting ;D

Set the recorders boys and girls