PDA

View Full Version : Corn Law Rhymer up for sale

clarkey1974
17-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Quite a popular boozer for many........ - view external link (http://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2015/11/news-5602-rotherham-town-centre-pub-up.html)

jolly_roger
17-11-2015, 10:10 AM
It's a spoons pub isn't it?

Wonder why they want to get rid of it?

Bumps in the carpet ? ;)

MILLERSTALE
17-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Lets just hope that Brin, Villa etc don't come running back to Bluecoats if beer prices rise when a new owner takes over ????

Brin
17-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Lets just hope that Brin, Villa etc don't come running back to Bluecoats if beer prices rise when a new owner takes over ????

No we'll stroll up gently..;D

Tbh I very rarely go for a pre match drink now....

Deepmidwinter
17-11-2015, 01:18 PM

No we'll stroll up gently..;D

Tbh I very rarely go for a pre match drink now....[/quote]

Have you tried Tena Man Brin?

millertop
17-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Why would they sell a pub that is popular?

kempo
17-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Don't tell Redders..probably try and get him on loan!

scum_triumphant
17-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Good riddance. The place is full of wasters and strays.

Deepmidwinter
17-11-2015, 03:37 PM
According to one of the regulars a bid has gone in from a bloke called Lee Mills.

slaskmillereturns
17-11-2015, 04:20 PM
They sell the bottom 10 performing pubs every year and reinvest always have done

jolly_roger
17-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Plus the owner of Wetherspoons has gone on public record saying that the new living wage will cause pub closures.

A self fulfilling prophecy

Ericsladkilnhurst
17-11-2015, 05:24 PM
It's a spoons pub isn't it?

Wonder why they want to get rid of it?

Bumps in the carpet ? ;)

We were told it was a Lloyd's pub, even though in the Wetherspoon's group, it didn't offer cut price beer's on a Monday, like other Wetherspoon's pubs.
We were charged full wack on drink's on a Monday afternoon, & told that it was a Lloyd's.

frogmiller
17-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Has tha read this Perigord? We're locked out of our favourite pub!

Villa get your lass to sort out a table for the next time we're over mate.

villamiller
17-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Has tha read this Perigord? We're locked out of our favourite pub!

Villa get your lass to sort out a table for the next time we're over mate.
No problems frog
Recently had a meal at the station just over the wash and the food was absolutely fantastic....bit far away from the nys though

Ericsladkilnhurst
17-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Read that Wetherspoon's are selling 34 pubs around the country.

The Old Angel on Cleveland Street, Doncaster is another Wetherspoon chain pub, up for sale. The Old Angel is my favourite Wetherspoon's in Doncaster, don't like the Gate House pub, Wtherspoon's have refurbished the Red Lion in the market place, spent million's on it, went in Saturday, but thought can't see where million's pounds spent on it.

kimmyMILLERS
17-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Not sure if this is right but I didn't think Weatherspoons owned the Corn Law but they leased it which doesn't fit with Weatherspoons business strategy as they see leasing as lining somebody's pockets.

In fact I heard they were looking a buying the Natwest Bank at the top of corporation street, might be a load of sphericals.

jolly_roger
17-11-2015, 08:36 PM
"Load of Sphericals"

What a great for a pub. XD

Pacman
18-11-2015, 06:32 PM
[quote="kimmyMILLERS"]Not sure if this is right but I didn't think Weatherspoons owned the Corn Law but they leased it which doesn't fit with Weatherspoons business strategy as they see leasing as lining somebody's pockets.

In fact I heard they were looking a buying the Natwest Bank at the top of corporation street, might be a load of sphericals.

Its bad news that we they are selling the CLR, who's to say it will remain as a pub ?? On the plus I really hope the Old Natwest is converted into a spoons, love to know where that came from ? Lol at your sphericals :-)

MILLERSTALE
18-11-2015, 07:16 PM
[quote="Pacman"]Not sure if this is right but I didn't think Weatherspoons owned the Corn Law but they leased it which doesn't fit with Weatherspoons business strategy as they see leasing as lining somebody's pockets.

Its bad news that we they are selling the CLR, who's to say it will remain as a pub ?? On the plus I really hope the Old Natwest is converted into a spoons, love to know where that came from ? Lol at your sphericals :-)[/quot

If they open the Nat West Bank up and open one of the doors, they can then call it the :- Bankers Draft ??

jolly_roger
18-11-2015, 08:37 PM
I think there's already a Spoons in Sheffield called that.

Deepmidwinter
19-11-2015, 08:47 AM
The Collateral Damage?