PDA

View Full Version : New stand?

burnley007
19-11-2015, 08:39 PM
If we do get promoted again, and finally rebuild the cricket field stand...is there any possibility of renaming it the 'Sean Dyche' stand??

I'm not sure how Mr Dyche would feel about that though...

Bin_Ont_Turf
19-11-2015, 08:43 PM
I think that there are a good fews ahead of him in the possible stand renaming list.

gogogadgetlegs
19-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Ask Sean Dyche to stand and feel the wrath :)

IanMcL
19-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Has Alan Brown got anythingd after him? He seems to have set Burnley up for our success through the 50's right through to the 70's.

HunterST_BFC
19-11-2015, 11:50 PM
The Bertie Bee Stand would be fantastic -
With Massive Screens showing a loop of his finest hour. XD

- view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJEFY87w_Uw)

HunterST_BFC
19-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Being the naughty end ... it might need some cells XD

The last picture on the link is a Claret Classic! XD - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2477670/Thats-unsporting-bee-haviour-Burnley-mascot-Bertie-Bee-sent-handing-pair)

The Bedlington Terrier
20-11-2015, 07:07 AM
The cricket field end is a lot like one of the last wooden roller coasters at Blackpool, Santa Cruz and Staten Island. It needs preserving for posterity. It's getting old and rickety and bits keep falling off but it's still fit for purpose. On that note, may I suggest "The CT Stand"?

TuftyBeamish
20-11-2015, 07:44 AM
If there is any stand naming to be done, I really can't see past one; Brian Miller.

Rick_Muller
20-11-2015, 08:03 AM
"The cricket field end is a lot like one of the last wooden roller coasters at Blackpool, Santa Cruz and Staten Island. It needs preserving for posterity"

Agree - just replace the roof with a modern roof is all that is needed, but one that enhances the acoustics for the home fans...

Quickenthetempo
20-11-2015, 10:35 AM
The cricketfield stand roof is only a couple of years old.

For money making purpose the Bob lord stand would be better suited. More side seating which is premium. It would improve the commercial facilities and more side corporate boxes.

There is only safety reasons why the CF stand should get done up.

LincolnClaret
20-11-2015, 11:31 AM
The Graham Branch Stand

ChorltonCharlie
20-11-2015, 12:38 PM
I think that we messed up badly with the Cricket Field stand when Fletcher convinced them that it had to be something special. All we needed was a cheap stand aimed at cheap prices, as a modern version of stands like the multiple Spion Kops around the country. Iíve always thought Stockportís Cheadle End is a good example. When I first saw it from the away end, I remembered thinking it looked impressive for them. A few years later I went wo watch a rugby match there and sat in the stand and was amazed how basic it was. The lack of facilities for the modern age was very surprising, but does that really matter? If itís the cheap seats who cares if the concourse isnít enclosed in the way our stands are (with the exception of the Bob Lord until recently). The Cheadle End holds ~5,000 people, more than the current Cricket Field stand. All we need is something similar, though hopefully a bit bigger. Split it down the middle and make it the stand that encourages atmosphere. Make it cheap (rela

1972Claret
20-11-2015, 05:07 PM
It is a bit of a hypothetical question but I would suggest "The Ben Lee Stand". He seems to have been forgotten and I think we owe it to him.