PDA

View Full Version : Next Six Games

CAMiller
22-11-2015, 04:00 PM
About 8 games back after SE's departure JV posed the question around how many points we'd have by now and most guesses were wildly over optimistic. I went for a realistic 17 and was over by 5 XD

By the time the fans walk out of NYS on Boxing Day we'll be at the half way point of the season, 23 games so needing 25pts to be on track for the mythical 50 or 23 to be on track for the 46 that will probably be needed at current run rates.

4 home games against Bristol City, Wolves, Hull and Bolton and two trips to Blackburn and Huddersfield. Where do you see our point total being as the Christmas festivities wind down? Was yesterday the start of new hope or a false dawn?

I'm going for 8pts in those 6 to give us 20 from 23.

Norma Snockers
22-11-2015, 04:28 PM
I think the next game is massive for a number of reasons. Firstly, they are down there with us and if we win we will be 1 point behind them. Secondly, if we need to keep the momentum going. For us to win back to back games will give everyone, including us fans, the belief that we can get out of the bottom 3.

If we win our next game i reckon we will be get 10 points from the next 6 matches. If we lose i think it will be more like 4 points.

CAMiller
23-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Either way it looks like you'll win the prize Norma ;D

gwru
23-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Looked at next 13 games before we play Burnley & Reading away in Feb'. Min' of 20 pts from those games gives us every chance.

CAMiller
23-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Looked at next 13 games before we play Burnley & Reading away in Feb'. Min' of 20 pts from those games gives us every chance.

That means you see us winning at least 4 and maybe as many as 6 of those 13 games. A tall order for a team that has won only 3 in 17?

Rileyev2
23-11-2015, 09:37 PM
I reckon we will win lose or draw 15 out of the next 20 games.

Just hope we get enough points to finish higher than second from top.

If only we'd not got rid of Heavo!!

CAMiller
23-11-2015, 10:50 PM

I just took a look on BETKempo and you can get a healthy 2/1 on that so lump on XD

bigburns
24-11-2015, 09:10 AM
"That means you see us winning at least 4 and maybe as many as 6 of those 13 games. A tall order for a team that has won only 3 in 17?"

By saying that you're saying we shouldn't expect us to do any better that we have so far, form that has only just got us off bottom.

***** that we take advantage of the upcoming fixtures, the points wont come out of thin air

Tichi1
24-11-2015, 10:36 AM

"Win lose or draw 15 out of the next twenty games"
Hmmm - what're you gonna do in the other five - not turn up?

CAMiller
24-11-2015, 02:57 PM

Hmmm - what're you gonna do in the other five - not turn up? [/quote]

I guess we will win those 5 but suffer a 15pt deduction for an unspoken of misdemeanor that SE committed whilst he was here (allegedly) XD

Rileyev2
24-11-2015, 10:18 PM

Hmmm - what're you gonna do in the other five - not turn up? [/quote]

Who are ya..who are ya..

Seriously never seen you post on here.

Welcome to the more aggressive version of Millers Banter Tichi...

Are you in the Snow White Christmas Panto by any chance???

By the way, any div would know the other 5 games would be postponed pal.

Honestly some people!!!!

CAMiller
26-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Well we ended up taking 9pts from those games so I guess as me and Norma were either side of that we both win XD

The next 6 take us through to the end of January and it looks a tough task with away games at Fulham, Preston and Cardiff and home to Brighton, QPR and Charlton (with an FA Cup game at Leeds sandwiched between that lot). So can NR make waves in the transfer market? Can we take advantage of playing all these southern 'softies' at NYS XD

I'd take 9pts from that lot any day which would put us on track for survival but think 6 will be more realistic.

slaskmillereturns
26-12-2015, 07:19 PM
5 winner able games and Brighton love away draws would love to do leeds again but won't be greedy

Norma Snockers
26-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Always sit on the fence cam! It means we can't be wrong! :)