PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts For The People of Belgium

ecc
23-11-2015, 07:08 AM
Belgium currently prepared for terrorist action. Brussels more or less "closed" this weekend and the situation will continue today (no metro, schools closed). 16 arrests last night.

My thoughts are with the Belgian people.

mkmel
23-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Me too and I hope they rid themselves of these evil S c u m

Balanbam00
23-11-2015, 07:49 PM
A tsunami consists of a series of waves. Often the first wave may not be the largest. The danger from a tsunami can last for several hours after the arrival of the first wave. Now in Europe you are facing a fanatic moslem tsunami. In Israel since about 2 weeks,every day we are seeing a tsunami ,or a small intifada,stabbings and shootings.But also children as young as 13 ,15,17,wanting to kill,not from any organisation,just individuals, it means they teach their children to hate!! This danger is going to last.

bluelabrador15
23-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Worth watching:

Anna Baltzer......."International Women's Peace Service"

"This nice Jewish American speaks truth about her experience in occupied Palestine... It will make you cry..."

"Life in Occupied Palestine: Eyewitness Stories & Photos"

Supposedly......"... US and Israel wants to ban this video.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pLXMGtW64k&feature=share

Imploding Turtle
23-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Thread lasted one reply before the anti-Muslim, anti-Jew and the anti-religion guy ruined it.

evensteadiereddie
23-11-2015, 08:18 PM
It's all Corbyn's fault for not bowing to the correct angle, apparently.
Nice poll in the "Sun" today claiming that one in five Brit Muslims have "some sympathy" for those who have fled to Syria to fight for IS.
A meaningless, disingenious exercise designed to poison the atmosphere further. No details of the numbers, gender, background of those polled, of course. I mean, it's not as if the paper has an agenda, is it ?

Bobcloth2
23-11-2015, 08:22 PM
I'd imagine ISIS will be quite happy that a major British paper is running such a headline.

Imploding Turtle
23-11-2015, 08:25 PM
The Sun are basically peddling Daesh propaganda with that ****, yet there'll be little backlash against them by some of those who are the most vocal with their disdain for everything Daesh, because they like some of Daesh's propaganda.

Balanbam00
23-11-2015, 08:36 PM
turtle

My reply was in short to say ''this group is teaching their children to hate'' so this conflict will last a long time.
I posted after this post by mkmel ''I hope they rid themselves of these evil S c u m.

bluelabrador15
23-11-2015, 08:45 PM
I T......."ignorance is bliss" comes to mind.

Might be interesting:

Channel 4 Dispatches·
Isis: the British Women Supporters Unveiled ....Monday c4 9pm

The Bedlington Terrier
23-11-2015, 08:53 PM
If you invade, bomb and splinter a region, it will come back to haunt you. Pretty simple logic really. Belgium has a colonialist past that is even worse than ours. It's called "it's bite your bum time!" What goes around comes around. The EU should have stopped the Blair/Bush axis in it's infancy. Now is the legacy.

bluelabrador15
23-11-2015, 09:07 PM
"Head of Iran’s Supreme Council for National Security, Ali Shamkhani said that the wounded of the ISIS organization receive their treatment in hospitals in Israel, pointing out that this information represents a proof of the link between terrorism to Israel."

http://www.iraqinews.com/arab-world-news/isis-treats-wounded-israel-says-tehran/

"Israel has opened its borders with Syria in order to provide medical treatment to Nusra Front and al-Qaida fighters/(ISIS) wounded in the ongoing civil war, according to The Wall Street Journal."

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-Israel-treating-al-Qaida-fighters-wounded-in-Syria-civil-war-393862

1959_60
23-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Back to the OP...yes, my thoughts are with the people of Belgium.

And also the people of France, Russia, Mali, Syria,Iraq, Palestine....etc etc etc.

Seems to me that the Brits and Americans have played a huge part in all this stuff.

nutsinmay
23-11-2015, 09:50 PM
In the 10 days since the Paris attacks (and I have every sympathy with the victims and their families) some 45,000 children have died of starvation in eastern and southern Africa. A few pennies per child per day would have saved most of them

How much has Cameron pledged to spend on the armed forces today?

And we're the good guys!

wherewasi
23-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Hypocritical claptrap, that last post. Unless you're sat there in your underpants in a cardboard box then you too have got some degree to which you will not forgo that which is not necessary to you but which you want in order to save those starving children to whom you refer. After that we're just quibbling round the edges.

nutsinmay
23-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Unintelligible alcohol-fuelled wibble, that last post ;)

wherewasi
23-11-2015, 10:40 PM
I don't drink. Clearly, you do.

nutsinmay
23-11-2015, 10:57 PM
There's always a keyboard warrior who wants to make things 'personal' when someone else wants to point out simple facts. It's easy to feel guilty about how the bloated west can ignore the deaths of so many innocents, and lash out on a messageboard. I just think of all the kids who die every day. I've read the 22:28 post four times now and it's just a jumble of words. I'm guessing now, but I think you seem to be saying that I'm just as responsible as Cameron and his pals because I don't go and feed those millions of kids myself, but that really is just a guess as the 22:28 post wasn't in a language I understand.

GRAPIDIANCLARET
23-11-2015, 11:04 PM
A colonialist past worse than ours?
I beg to differ.

wherewasi
23-11-2015, 11:12 PM
You're the one feeling guilty but not taking every step in your power to stop it.

nutsinmay
23-11-2015, 11:23 PM
You seem to know an awful lot about me, and what I contribute out of my pension! I'm sorry if I can't quite support Rwanda's children on my own, although a fraction of the UK 'defence' budget could.

nil_desperandum
23-11-2015, 11:24 PM
"Belgium has a colonialist past that is even worse than ours."
A highly debatable statement.
It is true that an estimated 10 million were killed in the Congo Free State ruled by King Leopold II, but technically this was a private colony owned by the King, and not the Belgian State. Leopold achieved international recognition for his personal colony in 1885, but by the turn of the century the violence used by Free State officials against indigenous Congolese led to Belgium to taking official control of the country - creating the Belgian Congo. Things then improved enormously.
10 million deaths - if that is the correct figure, is a drop in the ocean compared to mortailty figures over the period of British colonialisation. It's estimated for example that approaching 30 million died of starvation in India alone, and let's not forget - closer to home - a million in Ireland during the potato famine. And that's before we consider our history / role in the Middle East.

Imploding Turtle
24-11-2015, 01:30 AM
"You're the one feeling guilty but not taking every step in your power to stop it."

I support cutting our fossil fuel usage to combat climate change, does that mean i'm a hypocrite for using electricity, buses, etc? Don't be stupid.

ClaretsJay
24-11-2015, 11:41 AM
My thoughts are with the children - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACgwr2Nj_GQ)

The Bedlington Terrier
24-11-2015, 03:52 PM
A little bit of the Dunkirk Spirit might be in order methinks. It is hard not to speculate that the Belgian Prime Minister is not frightening his own citizens into submission.