PDA

View Full Version : Brighton announce 10.44m loss for 2014-15 campaign

blueheeler1
01-12-2015, 12:45 PM
"Any Championship club wishing to compete for promotion will inevitably make significant losses," Albion chairman Tony Bloom said.

Anyone shared this with Burnley FC?

BereavementDividend
01-12-2015, 01:24 PM
He probably means in the context of if they don't have the money there in the first place, like we do, Hull, and QPR to some extent (though I get they are in disarray).

Their 10.4 million could pale into insignificance if they go up, and if they don't, I'm sure nothing will happen because it never really seems to does it?

aggi
01-12-2015, 01:35 PM
I think we're aware, we made a loss of 8m when we went up, and about the same the season before.

BereavementDividend
01-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Was this another one of those look at how "holier than thou" we are, posts, relating to how well we are run as a club? A dig at Brighton?

Oh well they lost 2 million more than us. SO OH MY GOD WE STILL WIN!

domclaret
01-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Sold Ulloa for around 8m and lost 10.4m,they must be paying out some big wages to a few.

Didn't we lose 8m which included promotion bonuses ?

dsr
01-12-2015, 02:47 PM
We broke even the year we went up, but the accounts showed a loss of 8m because all the promotion bonuses (which in real life came out of Premier League money) were shown as Championship losses.

Brighton didn't pay promotion bonuses, they lost money purely on day-to-day running. And I think the OP was more of a dig at the Brighton chairman suggesting that you can't get promotion without big losses, when Burnley proved you can.

The 8m loss the year before was why we had to sell Austin and get rid of one or two more players, and could only sign 'free' transfers.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-12-2015, 05:15 PM
We got it right. Brighton didn't. End of.

BereavementDividend
02-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Brighton haven't yet. Every evidence to suggest they will this season though.