PDA

View Full Version : Gary Neville

ClaretTony2014
02-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Went to odds on this morning for the Fulham job but just announced he's become head coach at Valencia

Rowls
02-12-2015, 11:15 AM
In between setting up a hotel, owning and running Salford City FC, commentating/punditry for Sky and being coach for the England side.

That guy needs medicating.

claretspice
02-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Fair play to the bloke for giving it a go - that's a huge step outside his comfort zone.

Said before more than once that if Dyche were to have left us in the summer or this season, Neville (with an experienced assistant) would have been close to the top of my shortlist - always comes across as driven, focused, intelligent but human - not unlike Dyche. He's a hugely impressive individual. It'll be for the good of English football in the long term if he makes a success of this.

mgill87
02-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Will be interesting to see how he gets on there. I think it's a brave decision to manage abroad but a club like Valencia is a great opportunity. Met him a few times and he always seemed a decent guy - certainly refreshing as a pundit.

pstotto
02-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Absolutely Rowls, healthy active people, can't stand them.

Walton
02-12-2015, 11:30 AM
This isn't an appointment that's too surprising - the owner of Valencia is also the 50% owner of Salford City, where of course the Nevilles have a 10% stake apiece.

Redbeard
02-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Fantastic.

Decent area.

malcolm57
02-12-2015, 11:49 AM
...joined up with his brother by the looks of it...

ClaretTony2014
02-12-2015, 12:28 PM
"This isn't an appointment that's too surprising - the owner of Valencia is also the 50% owner of Salford City, where of course the Nevilles have a 10% stake apiece."

I'd forgotten it was him who owned Valencia.

Interestingly, on SSN they asked Gerry Francis & Danny Higginbotham if they thought having two brothers together as manager and coach could work. None of them mentioned Southampton.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Like him or hate him, you cannot dismiss his knowledge on footie. His SKY pre and post match analysis of games is usually spot on, he is a fully qualified coach and obviously listened to Fergie. Good luck to the lad. His bit for the homeless of Manchester shot him up a few notches in my opinion of him, along with quite a few others I would suspect?

beddie
02-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Good luck to him. I could never understand why so many, and I think there were plenty on this board use to slag off his football ability whilst playing for Man U and England. A good footballer that gave everything to the cause.

MrTopTier
02-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Suspect with the fact that Man Utd play such boring football under Van Gaal, that if anyone of Giggs, Neville, Butt, Scholes or Beckham could get a managerial job and make a decent fist of it, then the Man Utd job would be theirs for the taking. Interestingly Oddschecker has Giggs at 2/1 and Gary Neville at 4/1 to be the next Utd manager.

minniemouth
02-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Red, good to see your boat is floating again.

Redbeard
02-12-2015, 07:12 PM
That's a fantastic delivery, Minnie.

Into a really good area.