PDA

View Full Version : SD to Swansea ?

hampshireclaret
10-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Any rumours ?

Steve_Harpers_Perm
10-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Heard he was spotted in a steakhouse in the Mumbles area of Swansea with Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones. Make of that what you will............

Funkydrummer
10-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Wouldn't cross Offa's Dyke

Bin_Ont_Turf
10-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Next season with Burnley, if Swansea don't get relegated.

chobulous
11-12-2015, 07:30 AM
I have it on good authority he has just filled his freezer with Gower salt marsh lamb. Make of that what you will.

morninbob
11-12-2015, 08:05 AM
No chance, Swansea have tried and tested model, they don't play dycheball.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Please define "Dycheball?"

KowalskiClaret
11-12-2015, 08:53 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/1087d55.jpg

morninbob
11-12-2015, 11:14 AM
Dycheball is what it is, not good to watch, rigid 442 inflexible.

IanMcL
11-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Swansea pass you to sleep

morninbob
11-12-2015, 12:01 PM
I would rather watch them

The Bedlington Terrier
11-12-2015, 12:21 PM
I hope SD can evolve into more than a one trick tactical pony. I love the guy but I think he needs to vary his game plan and use his substitutions earlier and create real variance to the original game plan.

Rileybobs
11-12-2015, 01:13 PM
'I would rather watch them'

Erm, why don't you?

M4CCA
11-12-2015, 01:17 PM
He might support Burnley. ...

or is that not possible ( support Burnley ) if you think other teams play better football or do things on or off the pitch better than us?

Rileybobs
11-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Loads of teams play better football than Burnley, I wouldn't rather watch any of them than us though. If you'd rather watch another team then just go and do it.

pureclaret
11-12-2015, 01:49 PM
morninbob
Go on now, go walk out the door
Turn around now
You're not welcome anymore

Bin_Ont_Turf
11-12-2015, 01:54 PM
'Loads of teams play better football than Burnley, I wouldn't rather watch any of them than us though. If you'd rather watch another team then just go and do it'

And make sure you join that clubs respective forum.

ClaretTony2014
11-12-2015, 01:59 PM
"Dycheball is what it is, not good to watch, rigid 442 inflexible."

I take it you don't go to games

DiBranchio
11-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Difficult to watch Swansea though, when you've been passed to sleep. I think?

Bobcloth2
11-12-2015, 03:16 PM
I get the feeling there are one or two on here that have probably been waiting since the start of the promotion season to have a bit of a dig at Dyche and this iffy few performances have given them their first chance since then.

morninbob
11-12-2015, 03:20 PM
*bleep*="ClaretTony2014"

I take it you don't go to games*bleep*

yes, go to every game, results have been masking poor performances, we haven't strung 1 90 minute performance yet and have been outplayed in most games.

pstotto
11-12-2015, 06:06 PM
There once was an ugly dychling whose feathers were stubble and ginger... Nah, no nay never a Swan, but very good for Burnley.

Steve_Harpers_Perm
11-12-2015, 07:09 PM
You can certainly sense the glee in a few oddballs on here after a few 'iffy' results which has given them the chance to have a go at Dyche. Be careful what you wish for!

I_Wood_Lovett
11-12-2015, 07:51 PM
SD to Swansea?

A bit of a surprise - he has left TM under a bit of a cloud, but if its true good luck to him - well done Steve Davis.

harrowclaret
11-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Reading some of the comments it seems as though the "war on Daesh" has morphed in to the "war on Dyche."XD

Tom_Dick_Harry_Bfc
11-12-2015, 08:53 PM
I'd like someone to give a good reason why Swansea would even remotely consider
Dyche - they are renowned for good free flowing passing football aren't they !!??

wickdkewlclaret
11-12-2015, 09:04 PM
To be fair, I am also of an opinion that performances need to change soon. It's not just me, lots of people I speak to about Burnley have been quite frankly bored by our way of playing, it's not entertaining, which is a large reason why we want to watch football. The frame work has holes in it, fair enough we play cautiously, but we concede far far to to many goals to warrant playing the way we do.

If it doesn't change soon, you can not blame people for wanting a change and more often than not it starts with a new manager.

bodge
11-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Yes you can blame people for wanting a change because it will send our club backwards.

A new manager would be disastrous, no problem with people questioning the entertainment value at all but it's usually diluted when it leads to 3 points.

There's not many tonkings handed out in the Championship, teams are fit and organised, margins are small and our manager is adept at giving us every opportunity at being on the right side of them.

Tom_Dick_Harry_Bfc
11-12-2015, 09:11 PM
That last post nails it on the head !!!
We are expected to forgo an attacking free flowing football for a solid
not conceding framework type and yet we have a poor goals against record
considering !!!

wickdkewlclaret
11-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Fans pay their money and are then entitled to their opinion. The fellow clarets I've spoke to aren't your flash in the pan Premier League fans either. I think it feels like we have been treading on water recently, and the words '2nd gear' is the headline of our season so far. I think it's starting to get to people that you can't actually mount a serious promotion challenge in second gear.

Bin_Ont_Turf
11-12-2015, 09:19 PM
'To be fair, I am also of an opinion that performances need to change soon. It's not just me, lots of people I speak to about Burnley have been quite frankly bored by our way of playing, it's not entertaining, which is a large reason why we want to watch football'

If for some bizarre reason I'm watching say....Man City v Arsenal, then I want to watch entertaining football.

When I'm watching Burnley at the Turf, I want us to win, however that comes about.

'If it doesn't change soon, you can not blame people for wanting a change and more often than not it starts with a new manager'

These 'people' are idiots.

wickdkewlclaret
11-12-2015, 09:26 PM
I completely get your point BOT, but when the results fail to come thats when you start to question the philosophy. The tactics embedded in the team are starting to come undone, and if you think that isn't becoming apparent then you must enjoy every game we play, which is great by the way.

Tom_Dick_Harry_Bfc
11-12-2015, 09:29 PM
BOT - people accept a dire performance or 2 if we are still getting results -
at the moment its dire and we aren't getting results !!

footy_le_bordel
11-12-2015, 09:43 PM
football's part of the entertainment industry. who goes to the theatre or cinema and thinks ' i don't care what the performance is like as long as there is a happy ending'?

some ppl - the BOT's of the world - fetishsise winning and it's all that counts. that attitude is extremely unhealthy and has meant footy has been overrun by turds like jose mourinho and his ilk.

Bin_Ont_Turf
11-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Did none of us see any dire performances in the Promotion season between the end of October and the beginning of January?

We gained just 12 points in 10 games in that time and anyone who was at Forest and Huddersfield saw what may be described as a 'dire' (Huddersfield was as bad as owt I've seen, Forest was a defensive battle).

Obviously that is then and this is now, but some fans perceptions have changed due to us having been in the Premier League.

We aren't playing brilliantly and the manager is still a puppy set in his ways, but hold your nerve, he hasn't done us any wrong so far.

Bin_Ont_Turf
11-12-2015, 10:03 PM
'some ppl - the BOT's of the world - fetishsise winning and it's all that counts. that attitude is extremely unhealthy and has meant footy has been overrun by turds like jose mourinho and his ilk'

Magic, I've been associated in the same way as Moanrinho. B)

I'm a born and bred Burnley fan and Burnley winning for me brings genuine happiness and no financial reward.

I want Burnley to win every time, so deal with it.

morninbob
12-12-2015, 05:04 AM
The difference between the promotion season and now is expectation, no one expected us to go up so when we went on the bad run people stuck with it, this time there are no excuses we have spent money, we have a big squad, we have different options, Dyche just chooses not to use them.

wickdkewlclaret
12-12-2015, 06:55 AM
I agree, what was special about the promotion season is that quite a few of us thought we would plummet to League one, the element of surprise created an atmosphere around us we haven't seen in a long time. Now we are in a far better position financially than we were that season, as morninbob has said expectations are now in place to bounce straight back.

Everyone is still yearning that feeling of we can beat anybody and we are one of the best teams in the league. I suppose coupled with a bit of a loss of direction after being in the Prem, and the championship getting harder with teams like Boro, Brighton, Derby and Hull at it. It's just not the same as last time and we're beginning to find it difficult.

boatshed bill
12-12-2015, 09:08 AM
my biggest concern is not the performances themselves, but the fact that they seem to be totally acceptable to our manager.

claret78
12-12-2015, 12:13 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again Dyche only plays one way. Why anyone is surprised with results this year must not have watched us much.

What's his terminology, relentless? I'm glazing over last week but it's how we play 99 times out of 100 - it's just we haven't got a (pre injury) Vokes and Ings partnership being the cherry on top of a workmanlike cake.

For every goal against QPR/Wigan and first half showing Vs Forest you've got 90 mins of graft coupled with a bit of fortune against Blackpool/Bolton/Derby etc etc etc

You're dreaming if you look back and think we swept all before us in 2013. That season was built on hard graft and nicking goals left right and centre.

In my mind we've got the exact same Dyche mantra as we always have but we're just lacking in the final third. Gray is crying out for support from a partner and creativity from the sidelines.

Boyds gone missing. Kightly never had it. Get rid. Spend cash on a couple of wide men and we're good to