PDA

View Full Version : target recruits for Jan

pureclaret
12-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Whilst I am overall pleased with the position Burnley are in I do feel we need to have a bit more strength especially up front. So possible targets for us could be Ricky Lambert as loan player hes not getting much first team football at West Brom and is a proven goal scorer and assisted ratio is good.

M4CCA
12-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Crouch & Pritchard if available and fit please.
Cant think of any defenders that will come in and make a difference unless a large fee is paid.
( I would like Dunk from Brighton 1 day )

mkmel
12-12-2015, 04:03 PM
I'd like Dunk but for longer than just the 1 day :)

morninbob
12-12-2015, 04:10 PM
we could buy messi and dyche would stick him on the bench and not use him so whats the point.

Thread Closed

longsider_turf
12-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Jack Grealish on loan

lotty1
12-12-2015, 04:17 PM
RE post 4 . Why do some make idiotic comments ?

thedonz
12-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Are you not able to answer that one yourself ?

Tom_Dick_Harry_Bfc
12-12-2015, 05:08 PM
We have a bench full of players and more that regularly get no game time -
what's the point in adding to that list !?

lotty1
12-12-2015, 07:15 PM
If I'd made that comment thedonz I wouldn't wait to be called an idiot as I'd know I was - about you ? Think it was a sensible comment do you ?

inchydaman
12-12-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure Dyche should be given any further funds to spend in January, I feel its up to the manager to get this squad, one of the best squads any recent Burnley manager has had the luxury of having available, to perform to its true potential.

This isn't me complaining about Dyche or our position, but I think it's obvious to all that the individual and team performances are not where they should be, surely it's time to re-asses and give others who we already have a chance before throwing more money around.

thedonz
12-12-2015, 08:46 PM
This is the point lotty.

I see many posts that make me scratch my head but I choose not to insult like you have on this thread.

I recognise that people have different emotions and different ways of expressing themselves

IanMcL
13-12-2015, 11:57 AM
We have been unable to score goals all season. The Two sat in the middle are not goal scorers and the two wide men only score miracle goals. That only leaves set pieces...only Keane there and the two strikers. Vokes had a good season, courtesy of Ings, last season and that gives a false impression of his normal ratio. That leaves all our goals to come from Gray...mark him out and job virtually done. More gung ho and we might just change that dynamic.

evensteadiereddie
13-12-2015, 12:17 PM
That's true. Check out the goals v QPR at home on youtube, 2014, the game in which Joey was about ten minutes late tackling Ings and gave a penalty away. The speed of the build up play is astonishing by this season's standards.

M4CCA
13-12-2015, 01:39 PM
We lost arguably our best 3 players, replaced 2 with up and coming/unproven players and didn't bother replacing the other at all.
The 2 who created and scored most the goals are no longer here and the leader at the back who kept us organised hasn't been replaced and we are now relaying on a older Mike Duff to do the organising and the raking balls, which both he is struggling with.

Having a great team spirit, togetherness, work ethic and framework will get you so far but you need them 3/4 stars ( usually 1 in each department ) that produce the moment of quality that win you games whether it is a goal or a last ditch tackle/save.
At the moment we look good for a point most games but that missed chance or defensive error is what's is denying us the 3.

A change in personnel either off the bench or fresh blood in January looks the only real way of changing it around.

And if iv said it once I have said it a 100 times, it WILL be the draws that cost us

LifeOfRiley
13-12-2015, 01:47 PM
It has to be as we have only lost 3!!!

Tom_Dick_Harry_Bfc
13-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Yes only lost 3 but drawn too many !!

LifeOfRiley
13-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Exactly, stating the obvious.

bobinho
13-12-2015, 02:09 PM
I think you almost have it there macca...

Add in eddies observation and I think we're there.

The high tempo, high work rate, pressing game (the one that got us promoted) has been abandoned. We now allow the opposition to have the ball almost unharried. And at the earliest opportunity we look to release gray. Easily sussed and no back up formation/option is I think why post #4 appeared.

Patey
13-12-2015, 02:46 PM
I can't see the logic of complaining about quality players sitting on the bench. Arsenal and City have better players sitting on their benchs than we have on the pitch, just the same as we've have better subs than Hartlepool.

Eleven 1st team players and a bench filled with players not up to the task, is not going to get us anywhere.

dallasclaret
13-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Trippier on loan ;)

Halffullclaret
13-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Forresteri,Oil Norwood.Marc Pugh .Richie Lambert all would add to our team.