PDA

View Full Version : Our Away Record Is Excellent

longside4evr
12-12-2015, 05:54 PM
I can't get my head round all this negativity starting to creep in about team selection sub's not being used early enough how the manager has us playing

This is all absolute nonsense we have a an away record to envy at this level ! think its 1 defeat in 32 or something like that stat how many other managers can boast such a record

Get behind everything we bring to the table we are what we are and in that we are about where we should be everything claret I salute

pushpinpussy
12-12-2015, 06:08 PM
what you need to remember is that some people only get through life by being negative. it makes them feel better about themselves. the majority of them can be found on this message board. i agree totally with you btw.

minniemouth
12-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Last Championship away defeat, before Ipswich, was at Boro. Boxing Day '13. It's not bad is it?

lotty1
12-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Not good enough for some though is it ? If we won every game some would find something to moan about sadly .

distortiondave
12-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Just for you lotty - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0)

Boliclaret
12-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Not good enough for some though is it ? If we won every game some would find something to moan about sadly .

Well we'd have to sell our best players and lose our manager for a start. >:( :( ;D

thedonz
13-12-2015, 11:53 AM
No one can seriously argue that our away form is anything other than excellent ,however that is not the real point

While I suppose getting into the play offs would be deemed by many as a successful season I have no doubt in my mind that it is automatic promotion that most of us want.

We are approaching nearly the mid point of this season and the current first 11 are not a patch on our automatic promotion winning team.

Some might argue against that and I would have difficulty agreeing with them.

I think the same as the people who want to see changes to the first 11 and aren't fooled by the argument that 2 seasons ago at the same stage we had a similar run of picking up draws.

I really don't see this as negativity and if anything I would call it not having the same belief in the current first 11 as some.

BabylonClaret
13-12-2015, 12:27 PM
A point at QPR who have won their previous 3 at home on the bbounce, playing for a new manager is a good point. Clean sheet is a good thing too.

I'd argue this side isn't masses behind the promotion side. However, in that side we had a better pairing at CB and an experienced Championship RB which means our defence isn;t as watertight as it was that year (yet). That season if we scored I was "well that's definitely a point")

M4CCA
13-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Ah the old classic of "unbeaten In X amount of away games", people do realise that 46 draws is not a good return don't they?

Id take 23 wins and 23 defeats thank you, and going on a 1 game unbeaten run every other week.
Draws are not "a good point" they are 2 dropped for a side going for promotion.

But I suppose when we click and get out of 2nd gear things will improve, as the signs are definitely there.

Rileybobs
13-12-2015, 02:02 PM
'Id take 23 wins and 23 defeats thank you, and going on a 1 game unbeaten run every other week.'

I can guarantee that you'd be on here every other week moaning about the defeat.

LifeOfRiley
13-12-2015, 02:09 PM
23 wins and 23 defeats won't get us promoted, interestingly Derby won 25 the year we got promoted and they failed to get promotion.

Rileybobs
13-12-2015, 02:12 PM
'23 wins and 23 defeats won't get us promoted'

It also represents significantly less points per game than we've achieved to date, which kind of backs up the idea that M4cca it talking out of his backside.

M4CCA
13-12-2015, 02:47 PM
But you are happy with drawing?
So drawing 6 is better than winning 3 and losing 3?
You would rather remain unbeaten drawing all 46 than losing 23 and winning 23....
Same old "yay we are unbeaten in X amount" lets all be happy and carryon, nothings wrong...

Rileybobs
13-12-2015, 03:13 PM
'But you are happy with drawing?
So drawing 6 is better than winning 3 and losing 3?
You would rather remain unbeaten drawing all 46 than losing 23 and winning 23....
Same old "yay we are unbeaten in X amount" lets all be happy and carryon, nothings wrong...'

No, I'd rather us win one and then draw one which is practically what we've done this season.

M4CCA
13-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Yes as would I if that was actually happening.
The last 5 games have been shambolic, very few chances created, struggling to put the ball in the net and constant hard luck stories. But its ok we have only been beaten once in 10, or not won in 5.
1 more run similar to our last 5 games and it will be goodbye to the chances of top 2.

The results have masked the performances for quite a long time yet people say it is all ok.
Hand on heart how many games do you think we have actually deserved to win?
4? 5? Every time we play someone half decent we have to be happy we got a "good point"
We need a few results ( with performances ) where teams/managers sit up and take notice, to make teams fear playing us. At the moment its a case of score first against Burnley and you don't lose coupled with the fact that if you keep Gray quiet Burnley don't score/win.

Just my opinion from watching the games, if 99% of people are happy and think we will be going up come May it may just be me dreami

AuntSally
13-12-2015, 04:59 PM
I'd like us to be more like Lion King FC. A win, away, A win, away, A win, away, A win, away.

Rileybobs
13-12-2015, 05:01 PM
'If results are going our way no one cares how we play, but when there not questions are rightly asked and need answering.'

What questions need answering? We've gone through a short barren patch without a win, during which we've drawn away against Cardiff, QPR and Wolves and held the unbeaten league leaders at home. Stop being such a drama queen, it's football, you don't always get your own way.

M4CCA
14-12-2015, 06:37 AM
That's true, lets all keep our fingers crossed we can draw 4 of our next 5 and lose the other "due to the weather" or "creating lots of chances" because we cant always get what we want, its football and there,s no room for drama queens who want their team to win every game 4-0 every week.
After all its only football and teams have barren patches.

Do not criticise, do not want more for Burnley, at least we are not... ( who is it this week we should be lucky we don't support? )

LincolnClaret
14-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Had we won against Preston last week I don't think we'd be hearing half of these complaints, but the fact is we didn't and we were pretty awful in that game. We don't look fluid, but we've not looked fluid for 20 games in the League now.

Having said that, we're in a run of very tricky games, especially away from home, but we've got every chance of getting a good point at Boro tomorrow night and then winning at the weekend. If we do that we'll all be very happy I'm sure.

However, if we keep playing poorly and we lose a couple of games in succession the knives will be out. Were we 7th when Brian Laws was sacked - Sean might need to watch his back if we drop out of the play-offs!! I'm sure a few of our fans would start beating that drum.

longside4evr
14-12-2015, 01:28 PM
We can win at Middlesborough tomorrow, we have the personnel to certainly do so and I would say that would be a good result not a some act of God as some posters would think
Get three points their and top spot would be the talk again fine margins

M4CCA
14-12-2015, 01:33 PM
longside4ever - We can win anywhere.
If we manage to convert both our usual shots on target and not gift the opposition a goal or 2 there isn't a team in this league I fear.

Sadly the last half o dozen games we haven't been able to do both at the same time.
( Until tomorrow when we win 2-0 through a set play and a breakaway Gray goal, you heard it here first )

longside4evr
14-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Well M4CCA we had a sticky period for the first month of the season and a stick period end of November start of this month every club at some stage will fall out of form in this league
Lets hope we have gone through and seen the last of ours
A possible 6 points out of the next two game and a very merry Christmas to all

longside4evr
14-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Middlesbrough have gone 581 minutes without conceding at home in the Championship.
The question is can we breach it and do what we did at Deadwood very similar stats when we went their
Test our metal time

DiBraidio
14-12-2015, 08:14 PM
I don't see how anyone can say our Away form is "Excellent", yes it's good but we'd only be 7th at the moment if the league was decided on away games only. There is only Preston in the top 16 (on away form) who haven't scored more than us. We have been fairly miserly at the back but even there Derby have conceded 5 in 10 games where we've conceded 8.

Our home form is what's keeping us up in the play-offs.

We need to put an end to this dodgy patch of 5 games without a win and start getting some points on the board. We'd need to win our next 3 on the bounce to catch up with the points total of 2013/14 at the half way stage. I don't think we're going to do that but I'd be delighted if we could get 4 points from our next two away games.