PDA

View Full Version : Mourinho sacked. Now why couldn't TS sack

Zilzal
17-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Evans once he realized he'd made another dud appointment?

Still it's TS' own money he's wasting AND OUR TIME because we're heading back to the lower reaches of Division 3 where we belong.

Why's that then Zil?

Because we have an inept chairman whose every managerial appointment has been a resounding flop

Because Evans has wasted a fortune on 88 rubbish signings and left us with no money to speak of

Because virtually none of Evans' signings has gone on to better things and TS never saw it until very very recently.

Because the horse has bolted and the stable door has been left swinging aimlessly in the wind created by Evans and TS' empty rhetoric. Promotion to the Premiership? Failing that, the upper section of Division 2? How Evans and Stewart had the nerve to come out with such claptrap amazes me.

Cue Guitar Man and Banjo Boy to make one of their occasional snide and utterly worthless posts.

Zilzal
17-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Oh and we were just as mediocre as Leyton Orient at Wembley when we scrambled up on penalties. This is the same Leyton Orient who've spent a fortune since that day and currently stand 9th in Division 4. So why did no Rotherham fan point this out at the time? Didn't want to attract the dogs of war I suppose or they were too dumb to register what they'd just seen.

Take the promotion and pray it lasts a season or two. What a wonderful philosophy to build the future on.

villamiller
17-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Gonna get some bites on this one zil XD XD XD
Your last 2 sentences do intrigue me though ..........how would you do it ?????

gm_gm
17-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Evans once he realized he'd made another dud appointment?

Still it's TS' own money he's wasting AND OUR TIME because we're heading back to the lower reaches of Division 3 where we belong.

Why's that then Zil?

Because we have an inept chairman whose every managerial appointment has been a resounding flop

Because Evans has wasted a fortune on 88 rubbish signings and left us with no money to speak of

Because virtually none of Evans' signings has gone on to better things and TS never saw it until very very recently.

Because the horse has bolted and the stable door has been left swinging aimlessly in the wind created by Evans and TS' empty rhetoric. Promotion to the Premiership? Failing that, the upper section of Division 2? How Evans and Stewart had the nerve to come out with such claptrap amazes me.

Cue Guitar Man and Banjo Boy to make one of their occasional snide and utterly worthless posts.

Why is Zil talking to

one_a_day
17-12-2015, 08:35 PM
'No money left to speak of'

How little you know. You're making yourself look a fool.

Zilzal
17-12-2015, 10:10 PM
I take it then one-a-day that you know something we don't vis-a-vis the club's finances? Will Redfearn be able to go out into the market place and compete with the best of them for players he actually WANTS, that he actually RATES? Or will it be the old Evans story of misjudgement at the bottom end of the scale?

And how many players do we have today with a resale value? Bowery, to give one example, I wouldn't give 5k for. With no money coming from this source, with crowds falling, with no commercial enterprises thriving successfully we're seemingly totally reliant on TS' pocket money (and I strongly suspect it is only pocket money).

A true footballing man would have stood back a long time ago and said in fierce Harry Enfield voice "OI! Evans! NO!"

villamiller
17-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Fair play to you zil .......answer my question please

CAMiller
17-12-2015, 10:43 PM

Join the club. Villa.

Zil has a rare quality, he can write but he cannot read XD

Zilzal
17-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Villa, 4 years ago I would have assembled a strong interviewing panel and grilled Evans with some shrewd questioning. The same sort of questions I would've put to Andy Scott. I then would've shown both of them the door.

As a player Redfearn took 2 clubs to promotion to the Premiership. He played nearly every game and led by example as a centre mid and goalscorer. I would have expected Redfearn, unlike the other 2, to answer the questions to the panel's satisfaction. True, Redfearn is hardly an eloquent communicator but Evans and Scott can't help running off at the mouth and tripping themselves up.

(Also I have a sneaking suspicion that the standard of application wasn't dizzyingly high.)

one_a_day
17-12-2015, 11:07 PM
You tell me who is in contract beyond this season.
Also tell me if Evans' net transfer spend is plus or minus.
You write all these long fancy posts portraying that you are the font of all knowledge when in actual fact you are clueless when it comes to our finances.
It's down to Redfearn whether or not we remain in this division. It's not down to lack of funding / playing budget.

mikemiller
17-12-2015, 11:19 PM
A good manager should be able to sign decent players, AND improve them...none of our recent managers have really done that... you have to go back to Ronnie first time around, then back to Ian Porterfield, and Jimmy McGuigan.
Only exception under SE was Agard, although most of that improvement may have been down to the player himself, rather than the manager.

caytonmiller
17-12-2015, 11:19 PM

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo212/cayton_photos/images_zpsg7mdzwf2.jpg (http://s377.photobucket.com/user/cayton_photos/media/images_zpsg7mdzwf2.jpg.html)

Zilzal
17-12-2015, 11:50 PM
True one, money isn't everything. But I lived through the years when the Purshouses sold 6 of the best and most entertaining players we've ever had, squirrelled the money away spending only 10k on John Galley and 10k on Keith Pring, did nothing about ground improvement and then shepherded us from 17 years in Division 2 to Division 4 for the first time ever.

They then sold the club to the notoriously insolvent Anton Johnson (I recently discovered it was for a pittance) without checking his financial status or the fact that he was involved with 5 other clubs, 4 in our division. Johnson then took the 350k the Ps had put by, and left us with approaching a 400k debt, plus extras. The extras included the rebuilding of the wall that collapsed during the Sheffield United game and the second worse changing rooms and referee facilities in the country according to the referee who officiated at Syd Wood's first game as Johnson's successor. This added almost 200k to the debt.

We are talking

one_a_day
18-12-2015, 12:00 AM
I never said finances don't come in to your head. I said your thoughts on our current finances, and finances under Evans are incorrect.

CAMiller
18-12-2015, 12:17 AM
I hope the club finances aren't reliant upon your foolproof betting methods one_a_day XD