PDA

View Full Version : Is TS right after all?

gorky
20-12-2015, 12:42 PM
...when he said we should be aiming for the top half?

I've only missed Bristol and Preston at home this season, and by all accounts both were sh*t - but I think the standard of this league is quite poor. I can't remember a decent side coming to NY - Wednesday maybe, Ipswich we gave up at 2-0. I think we have every chance of having a good season with this group if players.

Deepmidwinter
20-12-2015, 12:45 PM
TS didn't get where he is today by being wrong

jolly_roger
20-12-2015, 01:58 PM
TS pays the bills so he's always right.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
20-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Glad folk are starting to notice how poor it is, most fans I've spoke to from other clubs agree. I feel it's worse than last time we were here and it can still be done with a low budget. The PL is going the same way just look at recent results.

caytonmiller
20-12-2015, 10:05 PM
so wigan, millwall and blackpool are/were better than bristol, preston. MKD. and hull. qpr and burnley are worst than norwich, watford and bournmouth...
i think the league is very sim to last season. go back 20 years and the quality in the championship now is much better...

can anyone remember when bacon tasted better when we were kids and wagon wheels were the size of tractor tyres ?

jolly_roger
20-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Generally speaking I think football as a whole is losing its appeal to the general public.

The floaters are floating away.

andy_miller72
20-12-2015, 10:54 PM
You can argue whether or not the quality is better this time. What is undeniable is how much extra quality costs. Even some of the poorer sides have players who cost many millions. People saying you can do it on a small budget won't really have any evidence to base their argument on. Sides with budgets as low as ours usually get relegated. Staying up last year was a great achievement and I've always thought repeating that this year would be ever tougher

Casper64Frank
20-12-2015, 11:11 PM
Yes he is right.
He will be demanding a good season and why not.

Whether he gets success is another question.

UTM

gorky
20-12-2015, 11:34 PM
so wigan, millwall and blackpool are/were better than bristol, preston. MKD. and hull. qpr and burnley are worst than norwich, watford and bournmouth...
i think the league is very sim to last season. go back 20 years and the quality in the championship now is much better...

can anyone remember when bacon tasted better when we were kids and wagon wheels were the size of tractor tyres ?

Well Hull and Burnley (I haven't seen QPR) are a million miles away from how good Bournemouth were. Watford's quality is clear - look at them now. There are a lot of average teams that we can compete with.

caytonmiller
21-12-2015, 12:05 AM
dont disagree that there are average teams who we can compete with but i also think we should have finished higher last season. reason we didnt was the fear of failing. if we played in the first half of the season without fear as we finished it then 16/17th would have been much achievable..
hull and burnley are both good sides. and would argue burnley looked a better team when they got promoted to the prem league.
are you judging Bournemouth ability on our cup/home game vs them last season? or this season? at NYS last year they took us apart big style. at there ground we more than matched them and could have got 3 points. they have spent 21 million in the closed season and 4 quality loans. watford have spent over 30 million..
also i think 3 teams had transfer embargoes on them last season.. which are all mid table this time around.

gorky
21-12-2015, 08:14 AM
You make good points cayton. I meant Bournemouth as a whole last season, ditto Watford. I agree with your first paragraph too, if we'd have signed Tavernier and kept Agard and had a real go at teams we could have finished higher. But the board wouldn't pay the wages. Maybe it's cos I refuse to watch the new Football League Show I'm not getting the bigger picture.

the_idiotb_stardson
21-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Totally agree Gorky, the standard of the league is massively over-hyped.

The trick is to convince the players they have nothing to fear.

C_Millers
22-12-2015, 12:15 AM
I think the standard is good but not as good as some of our fans make out.

I think some of our fan base think that because certain players we come up against are on 20k a week that it makes them good. I also think our previous manager thought that as well.

millertop
22-12-2015, 08:34 AM
I think the standard is good but not as good as some of our fans make out.

I think some of our fan base think that because certain players we come up against are on 20k a week that it makes them good. I also think our previous manager thought that as well.

Got to agree, some just see a/price tag and think they are untouchable.
I've always agreed with TS when we look at players " we won't go over what WE think they are worth"
Let face it there are some stupid price tags been put on players, Stevie May springs to mind.