PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Redfearn man.

vespabri
22-12-2015, 03:32 AM
As we all proberbly know Brin was an Evans fan and he is totally entitled to his opinion.
I don't often post anymore but every now and then i fancy putting my 2 penneth in..here's my view on both men.
Evans..i never liked the man but he got reaults, as long as Chelino leaves him to do his job i'm sure he'll do a good job at Leeds, he'll do a good job wherever he's manager..i just don't care for his style of management.
What topped it off for me was before this season he said he'll go for quality signings as apposed to quantity....he then signed 13 or 14 players most of which were average at best in my view...i grew sick of his bull@×it.

Redfearn..i was delighted when we appointed him as i thought we'd be in for some good football,easy on the eye stuff.
Ok he's made mistakes so far..he'll make some more before the seasons out..i didnt witness Huddersfield away thank god as i hear we were dire...but i have watched us against other teams and wev'e been crap then...but even still, i

the_idiotb_stardson
22-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Excellent post Vespabri.

For what it's worth, I am also a Redfearn man.

mellowmiller
22-12-2015, 07:26 AM
I'm still on the fence but want Redfearn to succeed.
Comparing managers is pointless really because all that really matters to most supporters is what the man currently in charge achieves. UTM.

millertop
22-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Pointless thread on here, everyone have different opinions but some won't even try and see the positives. They won't debate but will just put their venom on here then just say " well he's doing the job he's paid to do" or just ignore what they really put and start licking arse like there's no tomorrow.
A few times I said give him time, we have also been looking ( one apparently already done) at players (which again has been ignored) but obviously he can't put them in the team until January.

I don't agree on booing on the ball either but I did have my say when Green lost the ball, not productive? Well he hasn't been playing so...

Brin will let you know what he really thinks when he's had a drink then come back and edit his thread.

Deepmidwinter
22-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Three refreshing posts. Don't leave it so long next time Vespa - we need the odd sober post.

RawmarshMiller
22-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Im not a fan of Redfearns. BUT after Saturday, if he can repeat that trick a few more times he will win me over.

Some of his tactics and selections so far have been bizarre to say the least, but if he can get his best back 4 out regular (the one that started V Hull), keep Rawson, Hyam and Ward.G playing and beyond mid January, then maybe just maybe he could be the man for the job.

Nervous about him being let loose in January as the 5 signings he have made so far have not added much in my view. Kelly is excellent, but broken more than Mattock. Best ditto, Toffolo not up to this level as a defender and Barker was not the right sort of player for us at this moment in time. The signing of Lennighan is also baffling. BUT, will give him a chance in January.

For me personally, Boxing day is his make or break game. The Hull win was a totally unexpected bonus, he will earn his money by winning against Bolton.

As for the fat-man, he is gone and not coming back, dont particularly want

Steetonmiller
22-12-2015, 10:16 AM
[quote="vespabri"]As we all proberbly know Brin was an Evans fan and he is totally entitled to his opinion.
I don't often post anymore but every now and then i fancy putting my 2 penneth in..here's my view on both men.
Evans..i never liked the man but he got reaults, as long as Chelino leaves him to do his job i'm sure he'll do a good job at Leeds, he'll do a good job wherever he's manager..i just don't care for his style of management.
What topped it off for me was before this season he said he'll go for quality signings as apposed to quantity....he then signed 13 or 14 players most of which were average at best in my view...i grew sick of his bull@×it.

Redfearn..i was delighted when we appointed him as i thought we'd be in for some good football,easy on the eye stuff.
Ok he's made mistakes so far..he'll make some more before the seasons out..i didnt witness Huddersfield away thank god as i hear we were dire...but i have watched us against other teams a

caytonmiller
22-12-2015, 11:44 AM
6 very good posts and one ironic one.
millertop. i think your contribution to the forum is very good and there is the odd few that deliberately attack some of your posts to get a responce.
your post complains about people being venomous and argumentative when all your post does is the exact same.
geeez can we just have one thread without the bickering/sleers/banter/digs

OP im not a fan of redfearn. well when i say not a fan. tbh i dont know the bloke or his style of management. what i did know he was not the right man for the job at that particular time. no experience, only worked with young influential players.
it all was a massive risk by TS. only time will tell if its the right decision. I think his first job come the new year is getting Ward, rawson and possibly andreu loans extended. then add 2/3 new faces (perm signings) and save a little in reserve if we need to add a loan players....

Pocket rocket
22-12-2015, 12:54 PM
I think given time he will get it spot on.

I was at Huddersfield and it was dire. I don't think he helped himself with the comments after although I think it's true to a point.

I have to agree though that the over reaction from some so called fans was laughable.

UTM

mellowmiller
22-12-2015, 02:56 PM
As I said earlier, I'm on the fence with this one although I really want Redfearn to be successful. I would want anyone who was our manager to succeed.
My niggling doubts are there as a result of some bizarre team selections, strange tactics, erratic recruitment and wild fluctuations in team performances.
Most of us who witnessed the garbage served up at Huddersfield turned up for the game against Hull expecting a 3 or 4 nil drubbing. And then we got a performance full of passion and defiance resulting in a well deserved 2-0 victory against a team that cost in excess of £35 million to assemble.
You got things dead right last Saturday Mr Redfearn and certainly shut me up along with a lot of others.
The question is though, can you continue to improve things consistently and get me off the fence once and for all? I certainly hope so! UTM.

1960smiller
22-12-2015, 05:06 PM
It's not very often I am right,but when I saw the heading for this post I thought this is not one of Brins.So for once I am right.Brin if you read this I am only kidding but please let me be right just for once.

crashbang
22-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Not bothered either way. BUT last week He slagged them off as useless cast offs.
This week , "Great triers".

gwru
22-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Don't know how we're not adrift at the bottom, but still in with a chance of stopping up. Redfearn has the chance to bring in the players to give us that chance after the Preston game he's got 10 days to start recruitment. Got to try & keep Rawson & G Ward, would say a right back priority. Midfield now Hyam has gone back, some decent cover at left & centre back. Richardson, Collins & Green can join Halford, Maguire, Ledesma, White & Bowery on the players circulated to other clubs as available. Not seen Best but him & Kelly were panic signings. Kelly looks past his best to me.

Could be a Redfearn man, he's sorting the dross Evans left out. He's got a chance, pick players on merit. Recruit 3-4 players, then there's loan market.

vespabri
22-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Well hello there Crash...nice to hear from you.

Tbh all managers come out with similar stuff from time to time..owt to get the effort out of them.
Its no big deal in my opinion...take it with a pinch.

BradfordFozzie
22-12-2015, 07:02 PM
Don't know how we're not adrift at the bottom, but still in with a chance of stopping up. Redfearn has the chance to bring in the players to give us that chance after the Preston game he's got 10 days to start recruitment. Got to try & keep Rawson & G Ward, would say a right back priority. Midfield now Hyam has gone back, some decent cover at left & centre back. Richardson, Collins & Green can join Halford, Maguire, Ledesma, White & Bowery on the players circulated to other clubs as available. Not seen Best but him & Kelly were panic signings. Kelly looks past his best to me.

Could be a Redfearn man, he's sorting the dross Evans left out. He's got a chance, pick players on merit. Recruit 3-4 players, then there's loan market.

Kelly has played in two games and we've won both and haven't conceded a goal in either of them. How exactly was he a panic buy???

Raised ont Tivoli, d
22-12-2015, 08:00 PM
I thought he was the wrong choice for a religation battle. In the short time hes been here I've seen little to change my mind so far, probably our best all round performance since hes been here saturday. Not been overaly impressed buy any one hes brought in. Lost games far too easy with woefull tactics and he seems to struggle to motivate. I'll see what he dose over christmas and in january and maybe he can change my mind, the way he goes about the Bolton game will be a big indicater for me.

Brin
22-12-2015, 09:16 PM
It's not very often I am right,but when I saw the heading for this post I thought this is not one of Brins.So for once I am right.Brin if you read this I am only kidding but please let me be right just for once.

;D I hope you are right fella....

The jury's still out for me.... Great deliverance last Saturday.... Just hope he has the sense to keep the momentum going this Saturday with Andreu coming in for Hyam who for the record is a far more composed and pressing midfielder who is prepared to go forward and shoot!

gwru
23-12-2015, 12:06 AM

The jury's still out for me.... Great deliverance last Saturday.... Just hope he has the sense to keep the momentum going this Saturday with Andreu coming in for Hyam who for the record is a far more composed and pressing midfielder who is prepared to go forward and shoot!

[/quote]

Brin Andreu hasn't got the legs, like all ex Spl or lower players May ect... 2 up front Thorpe if its 5 in midfield with 1 up front.

Brin
23-12-2015, 12:09 AM

[/quote]

Brin Andreu hasn't got the legs, like all ex Spl or lower players May ect... 2 up front Thorpe if its 5 in midfield with 1 up front.[/quote]

Sorry pal he has more than enough in his tank and can score ....;D start him all day long...

vespabri
23-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Thorpe will be a crackin player for us given the chance in my opinion.

michaeldc
23-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Yet to be convinced he's the man for the job, obviously before the 3 wins from 6 the team looked as poor as it has for some time and inbetween our recent wins we've also looked more than shaky. Naturally I want him to succeed as I want us to stay up and progress. I'll admit that I'm leaning more towards this not working out but if he can get us on a run that gives us a good chance of staying up then he'll have earned his position.

I was a fan of Evans, not necessarily the man (although he certainly won me over in his time here) but as a manager he was top drawer. Filling his shoes is a tough task and I was hoping for someone with more Championship experience but we have what we have and we can but only hope everything goes according to plan and we're welcoming Aston Villa to NYS next season.

gwru
23-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Thorpe will be a crackin player for us given the chance in my opinion.

Don't know why Thorpe wasn't on the bench last sat' in front of Collins & Green. Against Bolton play Thorpe in place of Hyam. Buxton at right back, rest of the side same.

caytonmiller
23-12-2015, 12:43 PM
saw thorpe in hospitality. he didnt look a happy bunny. also he didnt interact with the other players which from past experience they are not long before they are shipped out (obv under evans)

PeteWaller
23-12-2015, 06:25 PM
saw thorpe in hospitality. he didnt look a happy bunny. also he didnt interact with the other players which from past experience they are not long before they are shipped out (obv under evans)

I would be very disappointed if we gave up on him. Young and potentially very good. Was highly rated at Man U with Ryan Giggs a big fan. It is where you play him that counts but Redfearn is good at turning young players like Thorpe into good match players. The evidence of this is currently being seen at Leeds. I just find it puzzling that Redders might not see what some fans see in having such a great young talent under his nose. He is the manager though so I will bow to his knowledge and skills in this area of course. I saw Thorpe pre match on the pitch and near the players entrance. I agree he did not seem happy.

Be a shame to let this one go I think.

caytonmiller
23-12-2015, 07:30 PM
TBH he has not done much on the field this season. but you could say the same of JCH last year..
maybe in time he could be a decent player.
I dont think he will be a CB, hes very light weight compared to rawson and broadfoot. maybe a sitting midfielder or fullback.
or will he be a halford type player.