PDA

View Full Version : Platini - you can't get your breath

Deepmidwinter
22-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Platini has complained that FIFA Ethics Committee has been asleep for four years and has only woken up now to thwart his election as President. You couldn't make it up.

The answer to that Platini is that if the Ethics Committee hadn't been asleep /corrupt it would have revealed you as a thieving corrupt toe-rag four years ago.

Pity that the Athletics Ethics Committee was also asleep while Lord Coe was coining a hundred grand a year from Nike. Oh but I forgot, Lord Coe was the Chairman of the Ethics Committee - silly me.

wrinkly
22-12-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't think that Coe was ever head of the IAAF Ethics Committee. He was vice president and then President of the IAAF.
He was however the first Chairman of FIFA's ethics commission in 2007 - what a grand job he did there.

Coe was also executive chairman of the sports division of a company called Chime communications - a company who made millions out of the London Olympics.

Not to mention the 2021 World Athletics Championships being awarded to a little heard of city called Eugene, the birthplace of NIke. Coe was an ambassador for Nike on a reputed retainer of 100,000 a year.

Of course, none of the above is meant to suggest that Seb is anything other than squeaky clean and a jolly good chap to boot

mygiddypant
22-12-2015, 05:29 PM
I don't think that Coe was ever head of the IAAF Ethics Committee. He was vice president and then President of the IAAF.
He was however the first Chairman of FIFA's ethics commission in 2007 - what a grand job he did there.

Coe was also executive chairman of the sports division of a company called Chime communications - a company who made millions out of the London Olympics.

Not to mention the 2021 World Athletics Championships being awarded to a little heard of city called Eugene, the birthplace of NIke. Coe was an ambassador for Nike on a reputed retainer of 100,000 a year.

Of course, none of the above is meant to suggest that Seb is anything other than squeaky clean and a jolly good chap to boot

and a Tory! ;)

Deepmidwinter
22-12-2015, 05:46 PM

and a Tory! ;) [/quote]

Giddypants I can tell you with absolute certainty that Sebastian Coe was the Chairman of the Ethics Committee in 2006, as I have a photograph of him in th

CAMiller
22-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Eugene is the birthplace of Nike but it is also considered the home of US track and field athletics so not necessarily a 'strange' choice. 2021 will be the 18th World Athletics Championship and the first to be held in the USA. Considering they have won more than twice as many medals than their nearest rivals then granting them the games again is probably not that out of the ordinary. After all, Finland and Japan have held them twice each and only have won a total of 11 gold medals between them in all the years. Usain Bolt has won that many on his own :-)

Deepmidwinter
22-12-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't think it's an issue WHERE the Championships are held provided there is no overwhelming case to be made against the location on the grounds of safety or human rights. What is important is HOW that location was chosen. There is evidence to suggest that the presence of Nike was a determining factor in Eugene being chosen and if that is the case then it is downright wrong.