PDA

View Full Version : O/T - BBC - The Snow Chick

ParkgateMiller
24-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Just watched the above mentioned programme about the birth and first month's of life of an Emperor Penguin chick. Wonderful stuff that had me blubbing unashamedly many times during the 60 minutes.

After Googling it, i discovered it was actually first shown last night;

"A penguin documentary caused a frenzy on social media as viewers were left overwhelmed by the 'cuteness' of one fluffy baby chick.

Snow Chick: A Penguin's Tale, which aired on BBC1 last night, focused on a baby Emperor penguin, capturing moments of vulnerability as it pecked at snow in an attempt at nourishment and narrowly avoided attacks from predators.

The hour-long BBC1 documentary, narrated by actress Kate Winslet, showed the chick from five months from when it hatched up the moment it left its family and and all viewers wanted to do was 'cuddle' the young bird".

If you missed it - catch it on i-player - well worth a watch for all the family (you might like to stock up on tissues first though). As

Deepmidwinter
24-12-2015, 01:36 PM
In reality it wasn't just one chick. They had to film several as they kept being eaten by Leopard seals

ParkgateMiller
24-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Wow! Gosh! Didn't they all look like him though? ;D

Deepmidwinter
24-12-2015, 01:50 PM
It was a chick flick

jolly_roger
24-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Now it's famous it's going to be on Celebrity Master Chef.........

....yep you're ahead of me XD