PDA

View Full Version : Cant believe its 55yrs ago.

Archiemiller
25-12-2015, 05:42 PM
today when i got my first ever football kit, couldnt wait till boxing day morning out on wreck with my mates,we picked teams and played for about 3hrs, score was about 21-19 or summat like that,it were like that scene from Kes (but no teachers), Norman Deeley was in fine form that boxing day morning scoring a double hat-trick, the shirt and shorts only fit me for a couple of years but once the socks had been washed they streched to about 3ft long (knitted) was still wearing em in 1965.!!!! What xmas box sticks in your mind, over 50s only. U.T.M. ps no blow up dolls or sex toys please.

CAMiller
25-12-2015, 05:55 PM
I was only 3 months old at that time so first kit came 6-7 years later. Thinking back I'd have to say getting a Scalextric (late 60s) is the one Christmas that sticks in my mind.

jolly_roger
25-12-2015, 06:36 PM
A Johnny 7 OMA

Brin
25-12-2015, 06:58 PM
I was only 3 months old at that time so first kit came 6-7 years later. Thinking back I'd have to say getting a Scalextric (late 60s) is the one Christmas that sticks in my mind.

You posh git..

Me.... My first 'big' bike.... Had to wait til 73 for it though...a proper stylish racing bike with sturmer 5 gears..... I was the dogs Doo dah on our street

Off came the full mudguards as soon as I could afford to by the new and all the rage 10 inch long ones.... Just big enough to stop the rain off the road pissing up your back XD

My mam saved so hard to get me that bless her...:heart:

NB Archie.... My first kit 1971 and my mam had been too Danny Williams and bought mean 'Everton' kit!!!! Mam 'what have you bought me I'm a Rothetham fan I pleaded'
Off she trudged back to DW's and came back with the the correct red and white kit...:D

jolly_roger
25-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Had to wait until you were 73?

My your parents were tough.

Brin
25-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Had to wait until you were 73?

My your parents were tough.

XD XD XD very sharp Roger ....

LincsMiller
25-12-2015, 07:36 PM
About 1956 ish...A Dan Dan radio station

http://i65.tinypic.com/vculw7.jpg

jolly_roger
25-12-2015, 07:38 PM
They still use those on Easyjet

LincsMiller
25-12-2015, 07:56 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/j6pqnq.jpg

Remember wearing something like this, not as posh though , my grandad said kids who want to be pirates were wrong uns' and never left his woodbines laying about

jolly_roger
25-12-2015, 08:14 PM
You've been in my wardrobe

Archiemiller
25-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Anybody remember "smokers outfit" !!!

CAMiller
25-12-2015, 09:55 PM
[quote="Archiemiller" !!![/quote]

I remember them, chocolate pipe, cigars, lighter, cigarettes etc. Would be classed as child abuse these days. Not much to be found via internet searches either. Just one image seems to resemble what I remember. - view external link (http://9gag.com/gag/a75ogbm/chocolate-junior-smoker-s-kit)

mygiddypant
25-12-2015, 10:19 PM

That is DANTASTIC! My earliest/best early toy was a circular, metallic wind-up train set. I was mesmerised. That was probably '52.

CAMiller
26-12-2015, 12:08 AM

You posh git..

Me.... My first 'big' bike.... Had to wait til 73 for it though...a proper stylish racing bike with sturmer 5 gears..... I was the dogs Doo dah on our street

Off came the full mudguards as soon as I could afford to by the new and all the rage 10 inch long ones.... Just big enough to stop the rain off the road pissing up your back XD

My mam saved so hard to get me that bless her...:heart:

NB Archie.... My first kit 1971 and my mam had been too Danny Williams and bought mean 'Everton' kit!!!! Mam 'what have you bought me I'm a Rothetham fan I pleaded'
Off she trudged back to DW's and came back with the the correct red and white kit...:D [/quote]

Never been called posh before XD I rem

MILLERSTALE
26-12-2015, 07:42 AM
today when i got my first ever football kit, couldnt wait till boxing day morning out on wreck with my mates,we picked teams and played for about 3hrs, score was about 21-19 or summat like that,it were like that scene from Kes (but no teachers), Norman Deeley was in fine form that boxing day morning scoring a double hat-trick, the shirt and shorts only fit me for a couple of years but once the socks had been washed they streched to about 3ft long (knitted) was still wearing em in 1965.!!!! What xmas box sticks in your mind, over 50s only. U.T.M. ps no blow up dolls or sex toys please.

Yes Archie , really, really enjoyed dumping you in that "muddy puddle" with your new kit on !! Best Xmas present anybody could have, mind you, you left backs only had one leg !! The other one was just a"prop". !

MILLERSTALE
26-12-2015, 07:48 AM
[quote="Archiemiller" !!![/quote]f
Yes, but I remember Nurses outfits better ????

dmentor
26-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Blimey you lot were lucky,all i got was an apple,orange and a new penny.

BradfordFozzie
26-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Getting Subbuteo for me and then kneeling on several players and breaking them before we set it up!

Then got Striker and the Super Striker with diving goalkeepers and astro turf.....quality!

Muchthemillersson
26-12-2015, 09:49 PM

I think you mean a Dan Dare radio station. For our younger readers Dane Dare was a universally known spaceman. He was unfortunately captured by aliens who said they were going to execute him. He said "you can't do that I'm the universally known spaceman Dan Dare" They said they'd never heard of him and what they would do was take him back to Earth and if the first person he met recognised him they would spare him otherwise they would execute him.

To Dan's despair they landed in darkest Africa where they had neither radio nor TV. The first person they came across was sitting in a tree, so with great trepidation our hero shook the tree to attract his attention. The gentleman looked down and said the immortal words "Who dat dan dare?" and our hero was saved.

jolly_roger
26-12-2015, 09:52 PM
I think I once flew to Spain on a 1970s holiday by a Dan Dare Airways jet.

Archiemiller
27-12-2015, 05:45 PM
f
Yes, but I remember Nurses outfits better ???? Always said ya looked cute in ya Nurses outfit Millerstale.!!!!

LincsMiller
27-12-2015, 06:22 PM

I think you mean a Dan Dare radio station. For our younger readers Dane Dare was a universally known spaceman. He was unfortunately captured by aliens who said they were going to execute him. He said "you can't do that I'm the universally known spaceman Dan Dare" They said they'd never heard of him and what they would do was take him back to Earth and if the first person he met recognised him they would spare him otherwise they would execute him.

To Dan's despair they landed in darkest Africa where they had neither radio nor TV. The first person they came across was sitting in a tree, so with great trepidation our hero shook the tree to attract his attention. The gentleman looked down and said the immortal words "Who dat dan dare?" and our hero was saved.[/quote]

Well spotted with the

LincsMiller
27-12-2015, 06:36 PM
I had this bought 2 weeks after I started piano lessons

http://i65.tinypic.com/t0g3ed.jpg

MILLERSTALE
28-12-2015, 06:45 AM
f
Yes, but I remember Nurses outfits better ???? Always said ya looked cute in ya Nurses outfit Millerstale.!!!![/quote]

Yes Archie, but it came in handy ? enabling me to get my pension at sixty instead of waiting like you to get to 65 !!

By the way have you got yours yet ?

ParkgateMiller
28-12-2015, 10:28 AM
[quote="Archiemiller" !!![/quote]

God, yeah! Wasn't it foul-tasting chocolate! Couldn't have tasted worse if you had actually smoked it!

I used to love Fry's and Cadbury's selection boxes and probably ate a full box before breakfast whilst reading my Dandy, Beano and Bonanza annuals.

I remember a toy Castle (straight out of Cooper's toyshop window) filled with Brittain's knights in armour one Chrimbo. Another time it was Fort Laramie filled with Cavalry and Native Americans (ParkgateMiller - Mr 'P.C.', lol). I never got a Scalextric which I always wanted. :blue:

PS

One of my favourite toys was a torch with a disc in the lens-end where you could turn it and change the colour to red or blue or green or yellow. Played in the dark with it for hours.

Archiemiller
28-12-2015, 10:55 AM
f
Yes, but I remember Nurses outfits better ???? Always said ya looked cute in ya Nurses outfit Millerstale.!!!![/quote]

Yes Archie, but it came in handy ? enabling me to get my pension at sixty instead of waiting like you to get to 65 !!

By the way have you got yours yet ?[/quote] Yes millerstale started getting my pension when i was 57, tha like a pair of "dogs bo**ocks" always behind ha ha.!!!! U.T.M.

Archiemiller
28-12-2015, 02:18 PM
God, yeah! Wasn't it foul-tasting chocolate! Couldn't have tasted worse if you had actually smoked it!

I used to love Fry's and Cadbury's selection boxes and probably ate a full box before breakfast whilst reading my Dandy, Beano and Bonanza annuals.

I remember a toy Castle (straight out of Cooper's toyshop window) filled with Brittain's knights in armour one Chrimbo. Another time it was Fort Laramie filled with Cavalry and Native Americans (ParkgateMiller - Mr 'P.C.', lol). I never got a Scalextric which I always wanted. :blue:

PS

One of my favourite toys was a torch with a disc in the lens-end where you could turn it and change the colour to red or blue or green or yellow. Played in the dark with it for hours. Bloody eck P.G.M. you must have been an only child,castles and forts from "coopers toy shop" (once gorra clip rou

ParkgateMiller
28-12-2015, 03:37 PM

PS

One of my favourite toys was a torch with a disc in the lens-end where you could turn it and change the colour to red or blue or green or yellow. Played in the dark with it for hours. Bloody eck P.G.M. you must have been an only child,castles and for

LincsMiller
28-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Hard to believe now, but thats about 75p !!!!! A shop bought sledge for 75p

Casper64Frank
28-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Archie, PW told us you were the one in the nurses uniform. Lol.

Archiemiller
28-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Archie, PW told us you were the one in the nurses uniform. Lol. casper you were asked not to mention blow up dolls, P.W. was far too young to understand.!!!!

CAMiller
28-12-2015, 11:49 PM

PS

One of my favourite toys was a torch with a disc in the lens-end where you could turn it and change the colour to red or blue or green or yellow. Played in the dark with it for hours.

Sorry to hear about the Scalextric PM - you can still get them on Ebay :-)

One thing I wanted but never got

MILLERSTALE
29-12-2015, 08:07 AM
f

By the way have you got yours yet ?[/quote] Yes millerstale started getting my pension when i was 57, tha like a pair of "dogs bo**ocks" always behind ha ha.!!!! U.T.M.[/quote]

So you say you get your state pension at 57 now ? How come nobody told the rest of us !!! could have retired ages ago !

Archiemiller
29-12-2015, 12:42 PM
f

By the way have you got yours yet ?[/quote] Yes millerstale started getting my pension when i was 57, tha like a pair of "dogs bo**ocks" always behind ha ha.!!!! U.T.M.[/quote]

So you say you get your state pension at 57 now ? How come nobody told the rest of us !!! could have retired ages ago ![/quote] It was a deal our union did with government,dont know if it only applied to Steelworkers. Ive been getting it

MILLERSTALE
29-12-2015, 06:19 PM

MILLERSTALE
29-12-2015, 06:21 PM
That's why you can afford that van near Scarborough then !!!!!!!

Archiemiller
30-12-2015, 11:09 AM
That's why you can afford that van near Scarborough then !!!!!!! LOL It was only an old Hot Dog van i had converted, we made a good job of it but our lass is always saying she can smell onions, no pleasing em.!!!!

Casper64Frank
30-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Archie, are you sure it's onions she can smell and not your old footy socks!!!

Archiemiller
30-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Archie, are you sure it's onions she can smell and not your old footy socks!!!
No def not, all my old footy socks were passed on to P.W. they were converted into scarves or gloves.!!