PDA

View Full Version : parking in NYS car park

Gwyther
26-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Fellow Millers , I hope you have had a great Christmas to date.
Can anyone inform me to the rules and regulations to parking at the ground ?. I have someone with me today who is struggling at the moment to get about so I really need to park in the car park. I was going to phone the club but to be honest I think I will have more luck on here.
UTM...here's to 3 points today.

swintondude
26-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Your needs to be on the Gistapo clip board at the gate. If you not on, you not in

Deepmidwinter
26-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Bit harsh that Swinton. How would you organise the limited parking available at the stadium? A lot of the spaces are reserved for people with disabilities who registered with the club. Perhaps they could park at Masbrough and leave more spaces available for the able-bodied?

jolly_roger
26-12-2015, 10:24 AM
And a lot of supposedly disabled people park there when they are quite capable of parking in town and walking in.

Deepmidwinter
26-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Also there are hundreds of idle sods who drive to the ground who could quite easily walk

millertop
26-12-2015, 10:30 AM
You need to phone the club, limited spaces.
Sometimes they will let you drop the person off (if you go early) then you go find parking elsewhere, then you have to wait for all fans to clear before picking back up.

millertop
26-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Also there are hundreds of idle sods who drive to the ground who could quite easily walk

And they moan because they are not allowed out before walking fans first XD

the_idiotb_stardson
26-12-2015, 10:40 AM
You are allowed to drop off at NYS turnstiles up until 2 'o clock. After that the road closes.

Deepmidwinter
26-12-2015, 10:42 AM

And they moan because they are not allowed out before walking fans first XD[/quote]

Very true Millertop. They sit behind the wheel with faces like a smacked ar*e

craig99
26-12-2015, 10:52 AM
And they pay roughly 150 quid a year for the privilege of waiting an hour to get out of the ground.

Deepmidwinter
26-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Bargain!

Gwyther
26-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Thank for the genuine replies, I have noted there still some miserable gits on here, never changes.

jolly_roger
26-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Well you adding one more wont be noticed then.

redandgreen
27-12-2015, 04:07 PM
There always seems to be someone that attempts to drive through as the crowd is walking away from the ground. you would think by now they'd know it might be busy at the end of the game. Just as there are always cars crossing the bridge by the bus depot towards town, when hundreds of cars are driving away

mellowmiller
27-12-2015, 04:49 PM
And they pay roughly 150 quid a year for the privilege of waiting an hour to get out of the ground.

More fool them.
The rules haven't changed since the stadium open so they should know they're going to have to wait by now!

millertop
27-12-2015, 05:17 PM
There always seems to be someone that attempts to drive through as the crowd is walking away from the ground. you would think by now they'd know it might be busy at the end of the game. Just as there are always cars crossing the bridge by the bus depot towards town, when hundreds of cars are driving away

Yesterday a couple were reversing out into the fans :/

jolly_roger
27-12-2015, 05:19 PM
I find a bang with a fist on the roof sharpens the mind a bit.

mellowmiller
27-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Hooligan ;D

mygiddypant
28-12-2015, 09:32 PM
And a lot of supposedly disabled people park there when they are quite capable of parking in town and walking in.

Sadly you see abuse of disabled badges everywhere. Disability often seems to me to equate to fat person(s) without any visible infirmity.

mellowmiller
29-12-2015, 06:51 AM

Sadly you see abuse of disabled badges everywhere. Disability often seems to me to equate to fat person(s) without any visible infirmity.[/quote]

That's most of Rotherham then :D

MILLERSTALE
29-12-2015, 08:26 AM

Just depends how you look at it Roger ?

Theirs a difference between disabled and not being able to move at all.

It's a huge grey area, at the moment it's a situation that needs seriously reviewing !!

Have you ever been for a operation at the hospital and when you fill your pre- op paperwork in the nurse says do you consider "yourself" to be disabled ? I replied to her what do you call disabled ? And she could not give me a description at all, so it appear there are no guide lines !

chefmiller
29-12-2015, 12:28 PM
I have been receiving treatment for cancer this year, so trying to be positive I do not consider myself disabled. However, just to walk from the road to the ground and back is too much for me at the moment. Having attended about 85% of home matches since 1963, and around 30% of away matches, I rang and asked if I could pay for a parking space at the ground as I had a season ticket but could not walk very far. My request was flatly refused, and I was told that the spaces were all reserved for corporate guests. I attended my first game against Bolton since the match before the Wednesday game, however I was in agony by the time I reached the ground and collapsed on the way back to the car. During my illness watching my beloved Millers has been one of my few silver clouds. Does anyone know how I can get a parking space? I don't mind paying, but otherwise, I'm not sure when I will be able to go to a match again

Deepmidwinter
29-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Where abouts do you live mate? There are a great many good samaritans amongst Miller fans. I'm sure someone would be happy to give you a lift to the matches.