PDA

View Full Version : How good were we??

Hugepugeboznherbie
26-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Out in Egypt spending Christmas with the family, gutted to miss today, but what a fantastic result!, was it a well deserved win?

jolly_roger
26-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Yes, but Bolton are a very poor side lacking confidence, guile, skill, talent, tactics, know how, ideas, strikers, midfielders, defenders and money.

Their fans were a credit though gave full support until their team threw in the towel.

LRmiller
26-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Yes !

millertop
26-12-2015, 05:59 PM
i thought we passed the ball very well today and Bolton might be poor but they were our players straight away in first half and made it difficult for us to break through.
2nd half we were just too good for them after we got the first.

dmentor
26-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Even first half,but dominated the second half,and ran out very worthy winners.

mikemiller
26-12-2015, 08:41 PM
I thought that we were slightly the better team in the first half. Yes, a great save by Camp denied Bolton a "one-on-one goal", but Danny Ward missed fairly easy chances to put us two-up before the break
Second half - Newell led the way in ripping the Bolton defence to bits.... and Bolton's keeper made some excellent saves, to deny the Millers several more goals .
All the Millers played well. Have a look at the stats on BBC Football website for our game, which give a fair idea of the pattern of play

millmoormagic
26-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Yes, but Bolton are a very poor side lacking confidence, guile, skill, talent, tactics, know how, ideas, strikers, midfielders, defenders and money.

Their fans were a credit though gave full support until their team threw in the towel.

There's nowt like supporting your team is there, you're so negative jolly it's unbelievable, what a barrel of laughs you must be on a night out, talk about sad...

BradfordFozzie
26-12-2015, 09:44 PM

And when they'd thrown the towel in at 3-0 their fans boo'd every pass their team made right to the end.....

BradfordFozzie
26-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Sorry forgot to say we were fantastic and well worth the three points!

jolly_roger
26-12-2015, 09:47 PM
True but had we been in their shoes would we have reacted differently?

For most of the game they out sang our lot easily.

millmoormagic
26-12-2015, 09:57 PM

"OUR LOT" this is what i don't get, you're slating Millers for not out singing the away fans, and call them our lot, what about you joining in and being US LOT...

Norma Snockers
26-12-2015, 10:29 PM
I always have a glance at the game stats and to be honest in the recent games we have won theres not been too much in it. Today, however, acording to the BBC, we had more possession (57%), 18shots (10 on target) to their 7 shots (2 on target) so on paper the score was backed up by the stats. Very pleasing!!! Hopefully we can carry this form into tuesday

BradfordFozzie
26-12-2015, 10:46 PM

Depends where you're sat??

I sit in the West Stand behind the home dugout and the home end sounded great. Didn't think the Bolton were anything special to be honest.

Sorry but there have been a lot louder fans than Bolton this year minus the booing.

CAMiller
26-12-2015, 10:55 PM
I always have a glance at the game stats and to be honest in the recent games we have won theres not been too much in it. Today, however, acording to the BBC, we had more possession (57%), 18shots (10 on target) to their 7 shots (2 on target) so on paper the score was backed up by the stats. Very pleasing!!! Hopefully we can carry this form into tuesday

I too look at those Norma and I'm sure they are accurate. However, the stats will not always reflect the result. Two recent examples I saw where when Hartlepool beat Salford in the FA Cup they were out shot 33 to 13 but won 2-0 and when Leicester beat Chelsea 2-1 the possession was 34% to 66%. Go figure?

gorky
27-12-2015, 12:36 PM

And when they'd thrown the towel in at 3-0 their fans boo'd every pass their team made right to the end.....[/quote]

Give over, they through the towel in at 1-0! They are the worst team I've seen in ages, Blackpool were better last season.

We shaded a scrappy first half but once the first goal (somehow) went through the keeper we punished them. Now Newell and Ward are playing in their preferred positions both are playing extremely well. Once the space opened up after the first goal, Andreu got on the ball and played some clever passes.

Other notes: I loved the standing ovation that Danny Ward received from Smallwood as he was subbed, he's