PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Buxton

kevthemaltbymiller
26-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Not involved today because of contractual issue, For club and him to sort out.

I suppose the question is should we keep or let him go? Not much in it for me between him and Richardson. Could use that money on better I think.

the_idiotb_stardson
26-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Where did you get that info?

kevthemaltbymiller
26-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Paul Davis on Twitter. Lewis Buxton not involved because of a contractual situation, says #RUFC boss NR. For club and player to sort out. #starlive

Also says Best needs a groin op at some point. So don't think we will be seeing him play anytime soon.

millertop
26-12-2015, 05:51 PM
I prefer Buxton to Richardson tbh so I'd keep him but Richardson did a good job today so well done for that.

Who was we going to use if Richardson had to go off today ?

one_a_day
26-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Keep. Paul Douglas has got some answering to do....

pip_y
26-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Was he not eligible after 25th December?

jolly_roger
26-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Talking of crocks and contracts just what's going off with Lenighan?

CAMiller
26-12-2015, 10:12 PM
NR says he likes what he's seen from him in terms of his fighting spirit, aggression and ability to escape tricky situations but now needs to see if he can transfer that from the pubs/courts to the football field XD

RawmarshMiller
27-12-2015, 06:54 AM
Contract auto extended if he makes more than 20 appearances. Already made 20.

gm_gm
27-12-2015, 07:11 AM
Have the club still not mended the fax machine?

the_idiotb_stardson
27-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Which suggests he is on his way out, does it not?

Brin
27-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Contract auto extended if he makes more than 20 appearances. Already made 20.

Doesn't seem like he's played 20 times for us ...

How many games as he missed through injury? Maybe they are off loading him but tbh I prefer him over Richardson when he's fit...suppose the club are seeing the bigger picture in that he may be more out than in and they don't want to carry dead weight...

BellBoy
27-12-2015, 08:09 AM
I think we have to trust the managers judgement. If he feels he's surplus to requirements. I don't think Richardson is the answer, Kelly maybe if he can stay fit.

millertop
27-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Yes he's played 20 games.
Got to be careful if you want to get rid, imo Richardson isn't better, Kelly plays there but if loans go back that means we have to play Collins unless we fetch new in.
Again you would have took Richardsons place yesterday?

vespabri
27-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Get shut..never liked Buxton....far too slow and heavy.

the_idiotb_stardson
27-12-2015, 09:26 AM
And he's Wednesday.

Pocket rocket
27-12-2015, 09:29 AM
He can't run his marking is shocking offers nothing going forward and he can't cross but apart from that he's OK

gwru
27-12-2015, 10:20 AM
If we can get rid of Buxton makes sense. 2 games to go then transfer window opens. Richardson did ok yesterday, Kelly along with Best a waste of a wage.

BradfordFozzie
27-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Buxton is slow, small, lightweight, can't throw the ball very far from throw ins and offers little or nothing going forward.

And that's me sat on the fence.

Richardson looked really good yesterday, big, strong and athletic. Thought the back four yesterday looked as strong as I've seen them.

I also think Kelly has been excellent since coming to us. We just need to keep him fit.

gorky
27-12-2015, 12:24 PM
I'd get rid of all three right backs. Buxton is rubbish and the other two are injury liabilities.

the_idiotb_stardson
27-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Kelly has been excellent? He must have only played a 100 minutes! I heard he was okay at Leeds. He looked as though he was going to be given the run around against Hull, before he went off injured.

Much too early to judge Kelly.

dmentor
27-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Watch this space,i have also been critical of Lewis Buxton,in a couple of weeks time we will be singing his praises.

andy_miller72
27-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Overall he's been a big disappointment - particularly going forward. Didn't the weds fans call him the white Cafu ! If we can bring in a replacement I'd let him go. Seems a strange contract, wonder if the others on 1 year deals have similar clauses

Timbertop
27-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Haven't we already got his replacement- the right back from Man City who's been playing with Lampard and co for New York City ?

mikemiller
27-12-2015, 01:44 PM
The moral of the story is never trust the judgement of the Pigs fans...
His contract does seem strange, unless SE was expecting him to have a lot of injury problems (or that he would mainly be a reserve team player) and so he was unlikely to make 20 first team appearances.. I wonder if Mattock and Maguire have the same contracts too

BradfordFozzie
27-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Kelly has been excellent? He must have only played a 100 minutes! I heard he was okay at Leeds. He looked as though he was going to be given the run around against Hull, before he went off injured.

Much too early to judge Kelly.

So you've only actually seen him play half a game then?.....where Hull didn't score.

I seem to remember the same being said about Broardfoot when he covered at right back.

the_idiotb_stardson
28-12-2015, 08:36 AM
I am saying it is much too early to judge. There has to be doubts about his fitness now as well.

If he plays 5 consecutive games, for us maybe then we will have a better idea. One good game doesn't make a player and for the record even Harry Tofolo played well at Leeds and he is awful.

BradfordFozzie
28-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Sorry IBS but I said Kelly has been excellent since he's been with us whether that be 2 minutes 10 minutes or 500 minutes. In that time (full 90 at Leeds and 45 at Hull) in my opinion he has been excellent.

I went to both games by the way and for the record Tofolo also played well but I don't particularly rate him which is why he didn't get a mention in my first post so not sure what point you intended to make?

I do agree that there may be a question mark over his fitness which is why I said we need to keep him fit, which we do.

On a positive note the team look well balanced and look quick on the counter attack. The real test will be if we can come from behind after conceding.

the_idiotb_stardson
28-12-2015, 11:44 AM
The point I was trying to make regarding Tofolo was this: he like Kelly looked good in the game at Leeds, according to all reports. However Tofolo has looked awful in all his other games. If we judged Tofolo on one good performance at Leeds which is more or less what you are suggesting we do with Kelly, then Tofolo would be a good signing. I don't think he would be. You need a few games to really judge a player. I don't think Kelly was good against Hull. We got roasted a few times down the flank he was defending.

gwru
28-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Don't want to sound bitter. In the real world take me I'm not retired but I am in employers eyes. Seen Kelly twice he's past it along with Collins & Green. It comes to every player. Some players go on into there 30's ie Broadfoot & Frecks, alot don't.

BradfordFozzie
28-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Kelly has played at international Level and has a proven track record, Tofalo has no track record and has looked not up to Championship level at the moment so your comparison is a little strange..

gwru was calling for Camps head a couple of weeks ago so I'll take what he says with a pinch of salt.

the_idiotb_stardson
28-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Nicky Hunt also had a "proven track record"

BradfordFozzie
28-12-2015, 04:13 PM
[quote="the_idiotb_stardson"[/quote]

What?!?!? Where did you dig that one up from! Lol

outlaw
28-12-2015, 04:35 PM

His 100+ games in the premiership probably.

BradfordFozzie
28-12-2015, 05:50 PM

His 100+ games in the premiership probably.[/quote]

And joined us in Division 2 yeah???? and never had a good game and went to Accrington yeah?

outlaw
28-12-2015, 08:39 PM

And joined us in Division 2 yeah???? and never had a good game and went to Accrington yeah?

[/quote]

Via Preston and Bristol City. I'm just guessing what basis he's using for his proven track record.

BradfordFozzie
28-12-2015, 09:15 PM

[/quote]

Via Preston and Bristol City. I'm just guessing what basis he's using for his proven track record.[/quote]

Have you read my initial post which said I thought Kelly has been excellent since joining us?

.....or are you just trying to prove that Hunt had a previous track record?.....which is totally irrelevant to the point I initially made.

Ok I'll back down, Kelly is *bleep*e and keep Buxton at right back! Can't be arsed!!!

millavanilla
29-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Now now children, dont get mardy...if you disagree on anything, you have to stay kemposed and reziliant to criticism... O:)

gwru
29-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Kelly has played at international Level and has a proven track record, Tofalo has no track record and has looked not up to Championship level at the moment so your comparison is a little strange..

gwru was calling for Camps head a couple of weeks ago so I'll take what he says with a pinch of salt.

What I say on here usually I'm not far off. Before start of the season before we got Newell I said only good signing was Rawson, not seen G Ward. Camp if Leeds come in for him in Jan' let him go, doesn't command his area. Kelly against Hull didn't know how to get forward, every forward pass was over hit, don't rate him at all. Ist player NR should sign in Jan' is a right back.

mellowmiller
29-12-2015, 06:05 PM
gwru what is it with you and Camp?
He's been excellent in recent games and, certainly has been commanding his area.
You just seem to enjoy criticising players for reasons best known to yourself.
Try getting behind the team for a change, after all they're not doing too badly at the moment.