PDA

View Full Version : Danny Ward Knockers, Start Grovelling

Ericsladkilnhurst
26-12-2015, 05:48 PM
I for one have backed Danny Ward this season, now's the time for Danny Ward knockers to grovel, & give the lad the plaudits he deserves.
He led the line well today, showing what he can do, a good crowd response for him when substituted, giving him loads of confidence.

the_idiotb_stardson
26-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Delighted to have been proved wrong. Well done Danny.

dmentor
26-12-2015, 06:01 PM
In my opinion,i think the fans have been behind Danny,for a lot of us,the injury's he kept on picking up,left a lot of us very frustrated,as he always looked a very good player whenever he was in the side,and he is now getting the praise he deserves.

millertop
26-12-2015, 06:04 PM
In my opinion,i think the fans have been behind Danny,for a lot of us,the injury's he kept on picking up,left a lot of us very frustrated,as he always looked a very good player whenever he was in the side,and he is now getting the praise he deserves.

I've already said this on the thread he put up last time, he didn't read that either :/

Ericsladkilnhurst
26-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Got to give the lad coverage, after all the slagging he as had, I believed he would come good, as said before I saw what he did at Huddersfield.

villamiller
26-12-2015, 06:10 PM
They were similar comments on here last year about Derbyshire

CAMiller
26-12-2015, 06:17 PM

I've already said this on the thread he put up last time, he didn't read that either :/[/quote]

In fairness it wasn't a thread he put up, just one he commented on. Here's a quote from someone else on that thread who will remainless XD

What are we talking about D Ward for. We're not comfortable in the middle of the table. Forget him. Friday while Best comes back, park the bus, Hyam in with JCH on his own up front. Another thing if Camp is going to play, need a centre back whose good in the air to partner Broadfoot, not D Collins. Play Thorpe, if he's not the answer Adam Collin in goal. Could do with Kelly being fit for right back.

hotun
26-12-2015, 06:17 PM
He did well today but never MOTM that was Joe Newell by some distance brilliant performance

Raised ont Tivoli, d
26-12-2015, 11:06 PM
He Works hard and scored today. But that's it, he always gives 100 percent runs his socks off but hes not a striker. Poor in front of goal and with him leading line Bolton had it easy first half. Good strikers take easy chances and create easy chances Danny Ward would be better suited to playing on the right, but I wouldn't drop G Ward for him either

Brin
26-12-2015, 11:12 PM
He Works hard and scored today. But that's it, he always gives 100 percent runs his socks off but hes not a striker. Poor in front of goal and with him leading line Bolton had it easy first half. Good strikers take easy chances and create easy chances Danny Ward would be better suited to playing on the right, but I wouldn't drop G Ward for him either

Very sensible post.... He's not Lionel Messi is he? Yes he scored a goal today but should have buried his first half chance like Giroud would have done...

Yes he's getting better and good for his morale pride and more importantly for the team...

Well done Danny for today... I did have him down as scoring one ....now he needs to continue this upbeat form on Tuesday at Fulham....

PeteWaller
27-12-2015, 04:16 AM
We need to bring some reality back here.

No way was Danny playing well in the first half. Second half, yes, thankfully he picked up his game as did the others. Lest we forget, he missed an "easy" goal chance in the 1st half.

There is one thing being blinkered but come on. Newell should have been given MOM, followed closely by G Ward, Frecks and Smallwood. You can also include our unsung hero in that list - Lee Camp, another fantastic save at a crucial time.

Great for Danny and for us that he has managed much better performances over the past two games. But it's only two games. Let's hope his new role under Redders continues well but are we that desperate for a new hero? If we are, then it aint D Ward ................... Not yet. :D

BellBoy
27-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Sorry Pete (as you talk alot of sense) but they are all heroes compared to what we were watching a few weeks ago against Ipswich. That was a proper team performance and Ward has showed he can play the lone striker very well. He is good in the air, reasonably quick and has skill in tight areas. Most importantly he seems to be able to keep the ball in the area around where he is on the pitch (unlike JCH and previously Revs) and not give it straight back to the defence, which works well with the formation and tactics at the moment.
I agree he has alot to prove and to stay fit as he seems a bit fragile, but he has been a big bonus as he is ours, not a loan.

millavanilla
27-12-2015, 09:49 AM
Anybody reading some of these posts would have thought we had just lost..bolton were average at best but they should have scored first..we destroyed them in the second half and if we can play like that we can stay up..