PDA

View Full Version : Humble Pie for me!

Ellis_D
27-12-2015, 02:32 AM
Not been on for a while. Absolutely leathered after today and a family buffet and drink tonight. The last time I posted I said I couldn't see us EVER winning under Redfearn. Since then, we have had some very good wins.

Today was facking superb. Yeah, they may be bottom and going down, but it's still nice to see us hammer someone. AND move out of the relegation zone.

Anyway, this post is taking too long, having to go back and delete every word that is incorrect.

Anyway, fack it. UTM! WE ARE STAYING UP!

(Oh and very well done Neil and players!)

millavanilla
27-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Well said ellis mate...i can hear people saying " oh it was only bolton" but to us was 3 big points...these same people wernt saying "oh its only hull" last week though... rotherham united were to me, fantastic today...earned every penny in work rate, and a bit of skill thrown in..joe newell is two players in one..anyway goodnight....

mellowmiller
27-12-2015, 11:30 AM
A bit of humble pie for me too.
I would have been quite happy to see Mr Redfearn receive his P45 after the shambles at Huddersfield but he seems to have hit on a style of play that suits the players available to him (even though he said publicly that they weren't good enough!).
The performances against Hull and Bolton have given me hope for the future but he needs to sustain the improvement to fully convince me.
Fulham next. Get a good result there and I'll start slowly getting off the fence. UTM.

gramiller1959
27-12-2015, 11:51 AM
if redfearn hadnt persisted with the stupid diamond formation we might have been further up the league than our current place ..

lets just hope he has learnt a lesson !

bring on Fulham :P

the_idiotb_stardson
27-12-2015, 12:04 PM
I wish you had been our manager Gram.

dmentor
27-12-2015, 12:53 PM
I have eaten that much humble pie,im full to bursting.

andy_miller72
27-12-2015, 01:04 PM
I was critical of NR especially after the Ipswich game but since then he's learnt. He's stop playing too many inexperienced kids together and winning 4 out of 7 is good form. I've always thought we had a decent squad - it's not a top quality squad, we will always struggle to get many wins against the best sides but we've enough to compete. the challenge in the second half is to stop losing so many games. 6 wins is pretty good in 23 games for us, if we could have picked up another 3 or 4 points from draws we'd be a bit safer.

I hope we don't have wholesale changes in Jan, I think we need some stability - keeping ward and rawson should be the priority

millers88
27-12-2015, 01:31 PM
I think he's started to realize his best team now, he was going with Collins and Green alot before but now were alot better without those 2 in the side.

andy_miller72
27-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Broadfoot coming back in has been key, not just his performances but the way he organises others, I think mattocks been good all season, it's keeping fit that's been his problem

jolly_roger
27-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Too much humble pie though can lead to indigestion.

Should we fail to pick up any points in the next three games NR will become a leper again, such is the fickleness of Rotherham fans.