PDA

View Full Version : January Transfer Window

YoungMiller96
28-12-2015, 09:48 AM
After stringing together some good results recently I feel like although it's shown out strengths it's also sgesmeant weaknesses have become apparent. I feel like with Kelly being injured regularly has meant there is need for either a permanent right back or loan back up. Also with andreau loan running out we should either look to extend it or look for someone else who is more attacking orientated then defensive, as we have work horses in Smallwood and frecklington.
Who do you think we should sign and why?

millers88
28-12-2015, 10:20 AM
First thing i would do is extend everybody's loan until the end of the season especially Rawson and Grant Ward, then i would try and get a really good right back who can get up and down that right hand side like a Jack Hunt kind of player, try and get another holding midfielder to play along side Smallwood where Luke Hyam was playing (Sam Morsy) and maybe another winger who can play both sides just incase Grant Ward and Newell get injured (Danny Mayor) then i would be trying to off load Collins, Green and Richardson and replace those with younger and more hungry players who have a good potential.

gwru
28-12-2015, 11:11 AM
I'd extend Rawson & G Ward loan till end of the season. Andrue sooner have someone like Hyam. Right back priority, keep Richardson till end of the season as cover, Buxton can go, Kelly if he gets fit can be cover then get rid end of the season. Could do with a centre back as cover who can play left back. Need someone in midfield. Agree Collins & Green can go. Striker NR doesn't pick Derbyshire so he might be on the way, if so need one in.

jolly_roger
28-12-2015, 11:25 AM
I don't think we should get too excited by the January transfer window because indications are that we don't have the cash to splash.

Transfers will be mainly outgoings to improve the wage bill with incomings restricted to "gamble" players ie those with issues or out of contract with other clubs.

Can't see us paying transfer fees over 20k

millers88
28-12-2015, 01:02 PM
We wont pay for a transfer fee under 20k because nobody is worth that less who is championship quality. How does people know we haven't got money to spend because i haven't heard anything from the club about this and Redders has already said they will be plenty of business happening in the January window.

caytonmiller
28-12-2015, 01:52 PM
miller88 its not a case of not having the cash, To comply with the fair play rules evans has already spent a big chunk of the limit. dont forget the rules are the total budget not just transfer money.
its a case of wheeler dealing for redfearn. collins, bowery, halford, ledesma, maguire, not contributing so can go.

jolly_roger
28-12-2015, 08:51 PM
The 6 monthly figures hint that we haven't got any spare cash. The indicators are that the club will do well to avoid a loss for the financial year.

sawmiller
28-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Sounds as if there is one on the way. Will be interesting to see who goes out on loan or is invited to find another club. Who are our biggest earners still at NYS?

CAMiller
28-12-2015, 11:37 PM
I'd like NR to ask Zilzal who to sign because the odds are if he doesn't the ones we end up with will be crap XD