PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham are wrapping up a deal for Tunisia international Aymen Belaid

Powertoola
29-12-2015, 08:39 AM
Rotherham United are wrapping up a deal for Tunisia international Aymen Belaid.

The former Paris SC player, 26, is leaving Bulgarian side Levski Sofia for Rotherham United.

Belaid has been with Levski Sofia for over a year.

The utility man, favouring centre back or left midfield can play in a number of positions including left back. Belaid is expected to sign for Rotherham for two and a half years in the first days of the January market.

Tijani; Belaid's brother, said his dream is to play in England, which has been granted and that he hopes to play more permenantly with the Carthage Eagles (Tunisian National side).

Note that Aymen Belaid played with the national team only once, and 9 times with the Olympic team.

The Rotherham boss is keeping his own counsel on Belaid who has been pictured on social media in Millers colours inside New York just days before the transfer window opens.

“There are things that are happening but I don’t really want to talk about it too mu

Powertoola
29-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Wonder which position he will play in.

Hopefully a much less terrible (and younger) Greg Halford.

sawmiller
29-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Looks like he can pick a good cross and pass. Defending looks okay - youngish player to develop with first time experience and Captain Kirk by his side?

- view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBHeZVNfLD4)

Brin
29-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Wonder which position he will play in.

Hopefully a much less terrible (and younger) Greg Halford.

Possibly acting fast in case Rawsom cannot extend his loan deal or Derby recall him and let him go to a bigger club i.e. Leeds who will stump up more cash for him than we could afford should Derby decide to cash in on him…football is a merry go round…

Either way it's good business by the club to start to bringing in players in readiness for off loading other players no longer wanted….well done the 'committee' and Redfearn...

block5upper
29-12-2015, 10:49 AM
For what I've seen of him on YouTube he is a left sided midfielder in the mould of Frecks

Deepmidwinter
29-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Isn't it time for one of more enlightened posters to complain about Africans coming over here and taking our jobs?

block5upper
29-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Born in France I think

Deepmidwinter
29-12-2015, 11:30 AM
An EU migrant then. It gets worse. No doubt he'll be hanging round the town centre annoying the town's white intelligentsia

BellBoy
29-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Why are you making a positive post into a negative political one?

Deepmidwinter
29-12-2015, 11:55 AM
It's what I do.

Powertoola
29-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Born in France I think

Paris to be exact.

Powertoola
29-12-2015, 11:58 AM
An EU migrant then. It gets worse. No doubt he'll be hanging round the town centre annoying the town's white intelligentsia

Doubt you'll be saying that if he's good.

Deepmidwinter
29-12-2015, 12:00 PM

Doubt you'll be saying that if he's good.[/quote]

And they say it's the Americans who don't get irony.

gorky
29-12-2015, 12:50 PM
How come we are scouting in Bulgaria? Did Redders spot him on holiday?

Deepmidwinter
29-12-2015, 12:52 PM

No, his Uncle saw him in Wimbledon

Powertoola
29-12-2015, 01:00 PM

Got to be better than bloody Scotland though surely. Pretty sure England and Scotland are the only two countries the Evans clowns (Gee and the fat *bleep*) know exist?

sawmiller
29-12-2015, 01:14 PM
If they improve our chances of staying in this league and are affordable then I don't care where we bring them in from - and yes, that does include Scotland and its outlying islands.

gorky
29-12-2015, 02:07 PM

Got to be better than bloody Scotland though surely. Pretty sure England and Scotland are the only two countries the Evans clowns (Gee and the fat *bleep*) know exist?[/quote]

If he is better than Arnason then yes.

I wasn't criticising, I just wonder how little old Rotherham are suddenly sending scouts to Bulgaria!

Powertoola
29-12-2015, 02:35 PM

Got to be better than bloody Scotland though surely. Pretty sure England and Scotland are the only two countries the Evans clowns (Gee and the fat *bleep*) know exist?[/quote]

If he is better than Arnason then yes.

I wasn't criticising, I just wonder how little old Rotherham are suddenly sending scouts to Bulgaria![/quote]

I know, depends where he plays, could end up being a left midfielder, just saying at least we are scouting other places, other than Scotland. I mean I hate to say it, but look at the dirt cheap quality the Wendy's got from Spain and Portugal. Quality tends to be cheaper in central europe, unfortunately quality englishman tend to be expensive.

I think in the scouting business, word tends to get around about various players.