PDA

View Full Version : O/T So proud to be Yorkshireman.

1960smiller
29-12-2015, 10:44 AM
2 Weeks ago I booked the St Denys Hotel for 2 night for the New Year celebrations also a NewYears Eve meal at the Lamb & Lion in YORK,Oh dear the Floods,no contact with the hotel or the Lamb & Lion,BT lines down, no internet.Was able to speak to both party's this morning,no feeling sorry for them selfs they are just getting on with it.Some are fine some are not.Both the Hotel & the Lamb & Lion are safe,so as a proud Yorkshireman I will join them in their New Year celebrations.So to you all on here I would like to wish you all a safe & A Very Happy New Year. ( I am taking my wellies tho).

Brin
29-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Yes true Yorkshire grit shown by all the folks affected…...glad to hear your celebrations have not been dampened pardon the pun…Have a great time and all the best for 2016...

Deepmidwinter
29-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Noticed that David Cameron hasn't lost the common touch. On his 20 minute visit to Yorkshire floods he wore a £12.99 pair of wellingtons. No doubt he then donated them to the flood relief fund - he's not likely to wear them again.

sawmiller
29-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Hi 1960sMillers

A couple of pubs for you to try whilst you are here - the new Eagle and Child pub and older Guy Fawkes hotel on Petergate (bit further into town than the Lamb and Lion) have some very good beers and really nice places to go. Also on Fossgate nearer to town the Blue Bell pub - you will walk either up Fossgate or Piccadilly from you B&B to get into town.

Hope you have a good break - the water may still be high when you come as Frank is also on its way, but you should be okay - enjoy!!

Redshank
29-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Noticed that David Cameron hasn't lost the common touch. On his 20 minute visit to Yorkshire floods he wore a £12.99 pair of wellingtons. No doubt he then donated them to the flood relief fund - he's not likely to wear them again.

He'll probably chuck the black Berghaus fleece in as well!

The quick change back into Hunters & Barbour on the way back to Witney was probably a bit messy in the back of the blacked out limo though, poor soul.

CAMiller
29-12-2015, 03:38 PM

Don't ever let anyone ever tell you that you are cynical deepmidwinter XD

Barbour are a Northern Company so Yorkshiremen should embrace them :-). About 25 years ago I was best man at a posh wedding in North Yorkshire where one of the Barbour 'clan' got married to a Rawmarsh lad. Unfortunately I think a standard Barbour jacket warranty lasts longer than the marriage did.