PDA

View Full Version : Leeds refuse Sky cameras access for scheduled televised game tonight.

kevthemaltbymiller
29-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Their chairman says they have been on tv to many times and it is affecting the attendances.

Leeds have been on TV 8 times so far this season at 100k a pop. Nice work if you can get it.

However sky don't seem to share it around much as Forest have been on 9 times and Derby 8 also. A bit of looking after the big clubs if you ask me. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35191715)

swintondude
29-12-2015, 12:36 PM
funny as feck aint it.

Anyway, I notice that sky pay £100,000 as compensation for each home game that has to be moved. For smaller clubs this is a bit of a windfall, for some of the 'massive' clubs, this may not be enough to cover the costs of fewer fans.

I notice that teams like Forest and Leeds have been on 9 times, whereas the likes of us and MK Dons only twice.

mellowmiller
29-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Presumably there are contractual agreements in place with Sky so there may be some sanctions applied to Leeds, probably financial.
Surely they can't just say we're not going to let the cameras in particularly on the day of the match.

BradfordFozzie
29-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Presumably there are contractual agreements in place with Sky so there may be some sanctions applied to Leeds, probably financial.
Surely they can't just say we're not going to let the cameras in particularly on the day of the match.

You do know who the Leeds chairman is don't you. Lol

gwru
29-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Don't think Sky could do it at short notice. Put Fulham v Rotherham Utd on. Should be a good game. Top sides aren't always good games, take at Middlesbora last night. Leeds aren't a top side its only cause they're playing Derby game is due to be on Sky.

sawmiller
29-12-2015, 01:17 PM
I wonder whether there is a limit of televised games in this contract with Sky? Cellino is rarely far from the headlines, one way or another.

kevthemaltbymiller
29-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Dispute resolved, I wonder how much extra that has cost Sky to televise the game.

Shame I was hoping they may have shown our game instead.

1960smiller
29-12-2015, 06:37 PM
For once I agree with him,it's his team,ground.So good on him,it's time football stood up to Sky.

Brin
29-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Dispute resolved, I wonder how much extra that has cost Sky to televise the game.

Shame I was hoping they may have shown our game instead.

'Dispute resolved'….XD XD XD ….he's worked one on them and got more out of it rest assured….well done for standing his ground and hopefully it sets a bar for everyone else…..Sky are awash with money so they should share it out accordingly!

villamiller
29-12-2015, 07:40 PM
For once I agree with him,it's his team,ground.So good on him,it's time football stood up to Sky.
And for once I agree with you 1960.......have a good new year pal