PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham recall Richard Wood from Chesterfield

Powertoola
29-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Rotherham United have recalled former Sheffield Wednesday defender Richard Wood from his loan spell at Chesterfield.

It is not known if he will be in the Millers squad tonight for the match at Fulham.

The Championship side said they were planning to bring Wood back to the New York Stadium, but a viral illness had hastened the process.

Millers boss Neil Redfearn said: “Harry Toffolo has a virus so we have recalled Richard because we needed the extra body, but we wanted to bring Richard back anyway.

“He has been out and got some games and it will be good for me now to have a look at him. He is an experienced defender and he gives us good competition and cover. He is somebody that I haven’t really had chance to have a good look at, so it will be good for me to see him at close quarters.”

sawmiller
29-12-2015, 01:11 PM
So Kelly not fit for a return? Is this to bolster squad numbers for the busy time of year? Or is he being readied for exit come the opening of the Jan transfer window? Feel that Wood hasn't been given a fair run in the side since he came to us.

Powertoola
29-12-2015, 01:15 PM
So Kelly not fit for a return? Is this to bolster squad numbers for the busy time of year? Or is he being readied for exit come the opening of the Jan transfer window? Feel that Wood hasn't been given a fair run in the side since he came to us.

See edit above.

sawmiller
29-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Okay, thanks Powertoola - looks like he may get his chance after all.

BellBoy
29-12-2015, 02:49 PM
He played for Chesterfield yesterday so I would n't think he'll be in the squad tonight.
According to reports he was man of the match in that game so will be back fit and in form.