PDA

View Full Version : Pringle v Newell

BellBoy
29-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Interested to see what you all think of these two players in comparison.

Pringle was a big part in our success in rising from league 2 to the Championship. Energetic, hard working and a super crosser of the ball. For me, in a struggling side like we were last season, he was not quite up to the mark and his lack of out and out pace, and the fact he was so left footed led to him losing the ball too much in key positions. Still felt sad when he was allowed to go.

Newell, seem to be a great bargain buy by SE. Good pace, work rate and dribbling skills, combined with the eye for a goal and the ability to pinch the ball in the tackle make him a real top prospect. Now playing in a settled side he goes from strength to strength. Can't cross a ball with precision yet, especially from deep like Prings could, but with his pace and skill he rarely needs to.

avondalemiller
29-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Pringle was great at crossing, even if he didn't know where it would end up......think Newell is more of a complete footballer.
How much did he cost??? Maybe not as much as Bowery and JCH or it would have be headline news to us.

Pocket rocket
29-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Different players

hotun
30-12-2015, 09:44 AM
The only benefit Pringle got from is move is money,looks as if his career is in limbo.

millertop
30-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Pringle did put better crosses in but I'm sure Newell will do too given time, overall he is/will be better than Pringle imo.

I also mentioned Pringle would make a mistake leaving us but I'm sure he's enjoying life in London and isn't regretting a thing

mellowmiller
30-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Different types of players with different strengths.
One thing which is certain though is that Pringle has featured twice in a team that has taken 6 points from us this season and scored 7 goals in the process. Ouch.