PDA

View Full Version : oh well

Derbymiller
29-12-2015, 08:51 PM
dose of reality that result is, however lets not over react
conceding 4 after saturday is the most annoying thing and it is another poor result away from home, we have to learn to park the bus away from home and grind out a few points here and there, at the moment we look like we will lose everytime away from home

It should bring us, the players and the fans back down to earth, make redfearn keep mouth closed about playoff form after saturday as well as consider different tactics away from home. We may also realise that our players may have some heart but the quality isn't there.

Preston are good at home and don't concede many (something we need to improve on away) so a draw on saturday would be excellent before Brighton at home, get a couple of players in to strengthen as well. Not bothered about the fa cup I think fatty will get his revenge and we don't want 3 defeats on the trot before Brighton.

Hope we don't get a silly interview, take it on the chin admit we weren't goo

Ericsladkilnhurst
29-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Lay blame on River Thames, for not over-flowing & flooding Craven Cottage.

frogmiller
29-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Lay blame on River Thames, for not over-flowing & flooding Craven Cottage.

It's the north and south divide mate

We need more cottages up north!

leedsmiller
29-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Looking increasingly like 3 from 5 for the drop, not just on the league table but on form and quality - but still a long way to go. Let's see what January brings...

mellowmiller
30-12-2015, 08:06 AM
It's the fact that we conceded 4 goals that concerns me more than the defeat itself.
Once again our opponents found it quite easy to get crosses into our box and that's been the case for most of this season
Our fullbacks really have to improve but I'm not sure they can. Perhaps this is an area Redfearn will address in January.

jolly_roger
30-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Too easy to single out just the fullbacks. The first line of defence for avoiding crosses into the box is the midfield. Players there have to close down quickly and get some form of tackle in not just getting there and backing off.

millmoormagic
30-12-2015, 09:08 AM
I think the real reason, having listened to the match, is that we went for the win, went toe to toe and didn't stick our chances in, and they did.

mellowmiller
30-12-2015, 09:17 AM
Too easy to single out just the fullbacks. The first line of defence for avoiding crosses into the box is the midfield. Players there have to close down quickly and get some form of tackle in not just getting there and backing off.

What? Stopping crosses is one of the main jobs for a full back. Might as well not have them if they can't even do that.
Blaming everyone else sounds like a cop out.

millertop
30-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Defending from front always helps.
We were unlucky despite the score lines States a hammering.
What I find a joke is no player on bench to take Richardsond place :/ I mentioned this twice already after Boxing Day . how stupid to have issues with Buxton when we need him (not that it would have made a difference to scores then again..)

hotun
30-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Over 20 shots at goal 8 on target and only 1 goal tells you what the problem is.

BradfordFozzie
30-12-2015, 09:41 AM

What? Stopping crosses is one of the main jobs for a full back. Might as well not have them if they can't even do that.
Blaming everyone else sounds like a cop out.[/quote]

I think you've missed the point of the post.

The point was if the midfield don't close down first then you end up with the opposition running at the fullbacks. We should defend as a team which we don't do very well.

shshsh22
30-12-2015, 09:45 AM
The most expensive player on the pitch,had the biggest impact,simple as that.The Jimmy Hill tribute,and playing in front of a new manager didnt help either.

Pocket rocket
30-12-2015, 10:24 AM
I went last night and at 1-1 we could have gone on to win it 4-1 was flattering for them but McCormack was the difference between the 2 sides.

I fancy us to get something Saturday

mellowmiller
30-12-2015, 11:04 AM

The point was if the midfield don't close down first then you end up with the opposition running at the fullbacks. We should defend as a team which we don't do very well. [/quote]

I fully understand the concept of defending as a team but when a full back is faced with a player running at him it's his job to close him down and stop the cross. Otherwise what's the point?
If you look a

gwru
30-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Didn't go, seen highlights. There 1st goal was it borderline offside?, other goals mistakes but went for them. We had a couple of chances in the 2nd half. We must have been desperate to bring Green on for Richardson. We've got 3 right backs al 30 something, can't see any of them being here next season. Need a right back in for Preston game + a Hyam type midfielder in, not has-beens, journeymen.

Ericsladkilnhurst
30-12-2015, 11:26 AM
With the tribute to Jimmy Hill & a new manager watching, the Fulham players were fired up to give a good display, a lot of teams would have been on the receiving end last night.
Time to regroup for the Preston game, & get back on the winning trail.

Archiemiller
30-12-2015, 11:26 AM
I would have took 6pts from last 3 games all day long so my glass is still half full. U.T.F.M.

Timbertop
30-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Assume the right back from Man City will be available to play at Preston but have we only got him til the American league starts up again ?

Bleeper
30-12-2015, 11:59 AM
If we had been offered 6 points from the last 3 games we would have taken it . I was there last night and as said at 1-1 if we had got the rub of the green we could easily have been in front and then it would have been a different game. Redfearn seems to have grasped what is needed and the performances are improving.

I also think we will get something at Preston.

BradfordFozzie
30-12-2015, 12:51 PM

The point was if the midfield don't close down first then you end up with the opposition running at the fullbacks. We should defend as a team which we don't do very well. [/quote]

I fully understand the concept of defending as a team but when a full back is faced with a player running at him it's his job to close him down and stop the cr

mellowmiller
30-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Don't talk rubbish.
You can't expect the midfield to close the opposition down all the time so you're bound to get players running at the fullbacks occasionally. It's their job to stop the crosses coming in and they don't do that very well.