PDA

View Full Version : Jan transfer window won't save us

Derbymiller
30-12-2015, 08:53 AM
All managers and pundits state that the January transfer window is an awful time to bring in players, especially when you are in a position where you are desperate for them, like at the bottom of the league or like Man city with Kompany out and no decent centre backs, it isn't a good time. Some factors that play into this for us are:-

1. We are near the bottom of the league, players will not want that

2. Location, it is a fact young men prefer the big city lights, Charlton have a better chance at attracting players than us

3. Short-term contracts, we can only offer these due to our position, if they are longer term it will have a clause to reduce wages with a relegation.

4. A lot of loans won't become available until after all business is done in Feb, because managers will want to know what they have before loaning out fringe players.

5. Our wages, we know we are in the bottom 3 of payers in the league, and money talks

6. Who will actually be available, the quanti

jolly_roger
30-12-2015, 08:58 AM
To add to your number 2, , this is Rotherham......famous for?

Would you bring a family here?

hotun
30-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Let's wait and see eh!

Pocket rocket
30-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Let's all be positive as usual

jolly_roger
30-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Yep, I hear Messi is a bit fed up with being a multimillionaire living in Spain.

So you never know

Derbymiller
30-12-2015, 12:06 PM
why is being realistic classed as negative? Also stating that relying on a transfer window is unlikely to be the main reason we stay up is also not negative, rather the point I am making is our current players have demonstrated they can perform they need to be managed and coached well to get them to over achieve to give us a chance.

BradfordFozzie
30-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Let's wait and see eh!

Now that's sounds a good idea?

Why don't we see what happens and then comment after....genius!

Pocket rocket
30-12-2015, 12:41 PM
why is being realistic classed as negative? Also stating that relying on a transfer window is unlikely to be the main reason we stay up is also not negative, rather the point I am making is our current players have demonstrated they can perform they need to be managed and coached well to get them to over achieve to give us a chance.

Why didn't you post this after we beat hull or Bolton??

No let's wait till we get beat then all of a sudden negativity again.

Tavernier, dickio, Martinez all came to Rotherham didn't they or is it that we've lost one so let's all get negative.

Next you will be saying NR hasn't got a clue oh wait a minute we've had that one haven't we.

:/

vespabri
30-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Ok i'll bite..yes lets be realistic then..wev'e won 4 from last 8, throw a few draws in and i think we'll be ok even with the current squad.
Lets wait and see...and support.
Just because someone signs for a club doesnt mean they have to live there...
Its football not location location location.

Derbymiller
30-12-2015, 02:23 PM
ok clearly I have to explain to the hard of thinking on here. I am not criticising anyone other than the fans that think January is the panacea to our problems, read the posts carefully. I simply state that January transfer window has a lot against it so success in there makes it hard, I state we may get a gem but that our existing players are the key. Where do I criticise the players or the manager for their ability, where do I link this to last nights defeat? I don't at all. This is a messaging board where people put up items for discussion, views, opinions if you are not capable of doing that don't reply.

Derbymiller
30-12-2015, 02:26 PM
you are correct they don't have to live there, but all I am saying is it is a factor against us signing players or do you think that it isn't, if so why don't you think that London is more likely to attractive a young man with more money than the average man in the street.

vespabri
30-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Ok.

uttis
30-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Or on the other hand we could soldier on with Collins and Halford and be relegated by March, isn't the whole point of January to improve the team/squad nobody can tell me the team isn't playing better than August, yes I know we cant pay fees but look where that got us with Bowery etc, lets get the players we need to strengthen the team and who knows Redferan may pull a rabbit out of the hat (Martinez/Hunt type) when the loan window opens again

walter10
30-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Add to number 2 - live in Sheffield.

Pocket rocket
30-12-2015, 03:36 PM
ok clearly I have to explain to the hard of thinking on here. I am not criticising anyone other than the fans that think January is the panacea to our problems, read the posts carefully. I simply state that January transfer window has a lot against it so success in there makes it hard, I state we may get a gem but that our existing players are the key. Where do I criticise the players or the manager for their ability, where do I link this to last nights defeat? I don't at all. This is a messaging board where people put up items for discussion, views, opinions if you are not capable of doing that don't reply.

Not hard of thinking Derby

Just a proper fan who goes home and away and I post on here win lose or draw I asked you the question why didn't you post this after our two wins you didn't answer did you see it's fans like you what pop up when we lose because you need a defeat to back up your negativity which you can't do wh

Timbertop
30-12-2015, 06:11 PM
All gone quiet on Shay Facey !! Has he signed or has somebody nicked him from us ?

jolly_roger
30-12-2015, 06:18 PM

Add to number 2 - live in Sheffield.[/quote]

...and that's better? XD

MarkThomas
30-12-2015, 10:53 PM
The January window is likely to help us. Redfearn is doing a good job of organising and motivating the current squad and recent wins lifting us out of the bottom 3 at the halfway stage mean we have a realistic chance of staying up. We may well remain locked into the bottom 6 or 7 places but we appear well and truly up for the fight.
I've been fortunate to see every game except 4 so I've seen most of the opposition and I've seen us go from being disastrously disjointed to competitive. I fancy our chances particularly if we can keep key players free of injury and suspension and hang onto Grant Ward and Farrend Rawson. Defensive strengthening is a priority. Going behind at this level seems to be a more damaging disadvantage than any other league - many of the Championship teams counter attack with real pace. We look a good outfit after we have taken the lead.
A high level of concentration in the 5 mins before halftime might prove to be a critical factor. The goals on the stroke of half

Brin
31-12-2015, 12:13 AM
[quote="Derbymiller"]All managers and pundits state that the January transfer window is an awful time to bring in players, especially when you are in a position where you are desperate for them, like at the bottom of the league or like Man city with Kompany out and no decent centre backs, it isn't a good time. Some factors that play into this for us are:-

1. We are near the bottom of the league, players will not want that

2. Location, it is a fact young men prefer the big city lights, Charlton have a better chance at attracting players than us

3. Short-term contracts, we can only offer these due to our position, if they are longer term it will have a clause to reduce wages with a relegation.

4. A lot of loans won't become available until after all business is done in Feb, because managers will want to know what they have before loaning out fringe players.

5. Our wages, we know we are in the bottom 3 of payers in the league, and money talks

vespabri
31-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Will you please stop this common sense .
We WILL STAY UP...REDFEARN WILL MAKE US STRONGER GIVEN TIME!!!!

vespabri
31-12-2015, 03:53 AM
Oops that was meant for Mark Thomas's post.
Then again that was a good post Brin pal.