PDA

View Full Version : Best

millertop
30-12-2015, 10:11 AM
Someone mentioned on here (sorry can't find the thread) that he's out for 8 weeks or so (or am I dreaming?)

Might be right (crystal ball? ) looks like he needs a op :/

Casper64Frank
30-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Supposed to be a groin injury that needs the op, not sure if that info is correct but sounds about right 6-8 weeks.

Derbymiller
30-12-2015, 02:17 PM
cancel contract we were conned

mellowmiller
30-12-2015, 03:57 PM
I wonder if the Technical Committee checked his health situation before signing him?
Presumably he had a thorough medical first, or did he?

kevthemaltbymiller
30-12-2015, 04:23 PM
[quote="Derbymiller"]cancel contract we were conned[i think we have, I am sure someone on here mentioned that Best had issues with his grio at his previous club, was that the reason they got shut. Did we do our homework on this guy, is it another wasted wage on yet another player who is not going to contribute to the cause.]
[i think we have, I am sure someone on here mentioned that Best had issues with his grion at his previous club, was that the reason they got shut. Did we do our homework on this guy, is it another wasted wage on yet another player who is not going to contribute to the cause

gramiller1959
30-12-2015, 04:28 PM
yep millertop I said last week I had been told he was out for 8 weeks

jolly_roger
30-12-2015, 05:28 PM
4 weeks per ball

Brin
31-12-2015, 06:57 AM
I wonder if the Technical Committee checked his health situation before signing him?

They're not going to own up to this ******* drop are they.....whoever checked him out needs checking out!

gorky
31-12-2015, 09:54 AM

They're not going to own up to this ******* drop are they.....whoever checked him out needs checking out![/quote]

The same bloke who checked Kelly's health situation. And Lineghan's criminal record.

PeteWaller
31-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Not a good piece of business this. Hope he returns the faith in him when he returns to full fitness

gramiller1959
31-12-2015, 12:32 PM
what happened to lineghan ?

redhouse
31-12-2015, 04:04 PM
11 replies and not one has blamed the manager

I just wonder if it would have been the same if Evans had been in charge when he signed

Not to mention the player up in court shortly after signing

kevthemaltbymiller
31-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Best is having a op early next week, recovery time about three weeks. Not holding my breath on that as we were told Kelly was only days away and that was two weeks ago.

a123
31-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Why are we so worried about a striker who hasn't scored in nearly 40 games getting fit.

We'd be better off bringing someone new in who can score goals now the transfer window is re-opening.

mellowmiller
31-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Why are we so worried about a striker who hasn't scored in nearly 40 games getting fit.

We'd be better off bringing someone new in who can score goals now the transfer window is re-opening.

Probably because it's a waste of a wage and may restrict who we can bring in now the transfer window is due to open.

MILLERSTALE
31-12-2015, 06:20 PM

Probably because it's a waste of a wage and may restrict who we can bring in now the transfer window is due to open.[/quote]

That's not for us poor minions to worry about ! It's for the powers that be to ruminate about their possible bad business practice, but having said that even though the two boys have hardly played, they may have galvanised the squad anyway !!

kempo
01-01-2016, 09:09 AM
We seem to have a penchant for signing injured players.

A comment re Best's groin injury..We do not know that he had it before signing and It's unlikely this sort of injury would be picked up on a medical if not declared as its not a hernia with a palpable lump.

Brin
01-01-2016, 10:50 AM
We seem to have a penchant for signing injured players.

A comment re Best's groin injury..We do not know that he had it before signing and It's unlikely this sort of injury would be picked up on a medical if not declared as its not a hernia with a palpable lump.

So by not declaring his underlying illness to the club before signing he actually gained employment by deception so can he be sacked? Is that what your saying Kempo?

jolly_roger
01-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Folks are forgetting the circumstances of the signing. Done at a time when we had to bolster the squad but also when the transfer window was closed. So signing unregistered players was the only thing we could do. He was fit at the time and played in the Leeds game. The gamble didnt come off though due to his suspension and training ground injury.

gorky
01-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Redfearn said Best has had the injury on and off for a while to Radio Sheffield, so I presume the club knew it was a risk signing him.

Monkey46
01-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Another fuoooook up then

DonPageFanClub
01-01-2016, 03:45 PM
i posted after the huddersfield game ....he was out for 2 months.... i would get rid of both best and kelly what help have they been ..!!

Rileyev2
01-01-2016, 04:47 PM
I don't know if I'm missing something but the way I see it he was perfectly fit enough to make his debut against Leeds, got sent off late in the second half and has got injured whilst training.

Why the big conspiracy on here, it could have happened to any player.

Get over yourselves!!

CAMiller
01-01-2016, 05:55 PM
I don't know if I'm missing something but the way I see it he was perfectly fit enough to make his debut against Leeds, got sent off late in the second half and has got injured whilst training.

Get over yourselves!!

Expectations are high on MM Rileyev2. Every signing we make must be 100% value for money, give 100% effort and be fit 100% of the time. It's like me expecting everyone that starts a PL season to see it through to the end ;D Welcome back!

Pocket rocket
01-01-2016, 06:08 PM

Get over yourselves!!

Riley

Can you please stop talking sense on here you will get yourself a reputation.

There has to be some really big conspiracy to satisfy everyone's negativeness.

Please don't let it happen again.;D ;D

kempo
01-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Brin...I do not know if the injury was known when signing or not.

I am just saying that it's an injury unlikely to be identified on a medical if not declared.

I assume that if he had the injury at the medical then he would have told the doctor, if so then the club would have known that he had a chronic groin problem which are prone to give recurring trouble.

Maybe he got the injury after joining us.

Rileyev2
01-01-2016, 09:34 PM

Get over yourselves!!

Expectations are high on MM Rileyev2. Every signing we make must be 100% value for money, give 100% effort and be fit 100% of the time. It's like me expecting everyone that starts a PL season to see it through to the end ;D Welcome back![/quote]

Cheers Cam!

Tbh I have to admit I was finding things pretty irritating on here with all the negativity and decided to take a break.

Like the drug MM is, I can't stay away for very long.