PDA

View Full Version : Derbyshire to go in the January sell off?

Brin
01-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Well he appears to be third choice now behind Ward and JCH .... He has a year left on his contract after this season so maybe he might be thinking of securing employment for himself and his family elsewhere....

Can't blame him in the current state of things.....Donny seem to be gaining momentum at the moment or even to the Lane....

Wouldn't surprise me if he left tbh.,,

Pocket rocket
01-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Tbh Brin

Im not that bothered except if we don't bring anyone in and ward gets injured that leaves us with only jch with best been out.

Hopefully we will bring someone in.

Utm

PeteWaller
01-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Not too concerned either. Always felt it was more about Derbyshire than it was about playing well for the team and club. It’s a trait common with a lot of todays’ footballers as loyalty between players and clubs is wafer thin. Derbs is a strain on wages bill though so I would let him go. He has had time to show us what he’s worth and I doubt he fits into a “Loan Striker” like Ward does under the Redder’s regime. Too expensive to keep on bench. So, reluctantly Derbs ………………….. You’re fired. Soz JS

BellBoy
01-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Agree Pete, he did a great job second half of last season helping us to stay in the Championship but this season was back to his average form which won't keep us up. He is also too weak and small to carry out the lone striker role, so he could go for me.

Deepmidwinter
01-01-2016, 01:37 PM
His chances to conversions ratio has certainly been pretty poor during his time with us and we have seen him miss some absolute shockers, with the open goal against Wednesday probably the highlight.

CAMiller
01-01-2016, 04:28 PM
His chances to conversions ratio has certainly been pretty poor during his time with us and we have seen him miss some absolute shockers, with the open goal against Wednesday probably the highlight.

I thought the couple he missed against Bournemouth in the FA Cup were bad but they were nothing compared to the one against Norwich shown in JVs post about New Year Awards. I don't think I saw the one against Wednesday but it's hard to imagine how it could be worse.

redhouse
01-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Yes he does miss some sitters but who else have we got in the squad that get's into the positions he does and if like last season he does start putting them away he would be a big asset

If the management had given up on him this time last year we would possibly not have stopped up

For all his shortcomings in front of goal I think he is an intelligent footballer and we will find it hard to replace him

jolly_roger
01-01-2016, 07:34 PM
I think it's a racing certainty that Derbyshire will be sold, I hear the Chinese also have their eyes on large chunks of Yorkshire too.

Raised ont Tivoli, d
01-01-2016, 07:37 PM
If you can get him up for it and confident he's by far and away our best striker, he has movement and intelligent off ball runs that JCH and Danny Ward can only dream off. He misses a few sitters but that's why he is with us.
I wouldn't get rid of him I don't think you will find any body better. The problem doesn't lie at the top end of the pitch for me it's the midfield and defence needs strengthening

Brin
01-01-2016, 07:45 PM
I'm a fan of Derbs but he doesn't help himself at times and yes he misses some of the most easiest of chances...,

The young bucks D Ward and JCH work off power and pace but for me neither have the skill or knowhow to get to the positions Derbs does.... And yes JCH can blast a ball home but Derbs puts his away with class...go back through his goals to recall what I mean...

If he were to continually score like when he does he wouldn't be with us such is his class but alas it's not consistent enough ....