PDA

View Full Version : JCH needs to grow up

BellBoy
02-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Having been at match today and watched this young man come on as a sub, and display an absolute lack of effort or desire and then top it off by scoring their winner with a misdirected header, having hardly won a ball at the opposite end of the pitch, then run off at the final whistle without acknowledging the fans, I can only say grow up and earn your wages.
I could not believe the change in this player from the hungry athlete who ripped Bristol City apart on his own not so long ago.

dmentor
02-01-2016, 07:49 PM
I agree with you regarding JCH needing to grow up, but i am more inclined to agree with you that he needs to look more interested in fighting for the team and the cause,like you say he showed a total lack of effort and commitment today,i was disgusted with him to be honest,he let the team,fans and club down today,if its a case of not wanting to be here then let him go and play else where.

Ericsladkilnhurst
02-01-2016, 08:03 PM
His mind might be on the promised land, which is Elland Road, to link up with Steve Evans again, to play with the mighty Leeds United, as what Evans trys to make everybody believe.

jolly_roger
02-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Maybe or it may be that nobody has come knocking and Redfearn had told him he's surplus to requirements?

Derbymiller
02-01-2016, 08:51 PM
jollyroger really surplus to requirements Redfearn has told him that? I don't believe you, it will be his agent again, telling him to sulk not try so he can wangle a move, he won't want to go to evans and leeds too far away from home it will be wolves if anywhere.

jolly_roger
02-01-2016, 08:59 PM
No idea, just conjecture.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Well if it's the case that he doesn't want to be here he can go. If it is and he does just hope we get something for him. :s :s

BradfordFozzie
02-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Disgrace to the shirt today. I will drive him to Leeds on Monday morning....just give me the nod.

MarkThomas
02-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Let's be careful not to scapegoat yet another player after what was admittedly a poor performance by JCH.

Our defending of their injury time winner was woeful.
JCH should not be in there in my view. He made an honest attempt to head the ball clear and will be devastated at the outcome. Defenders should defend the near post from long throws, not strikers.
Why was there no-one on the back post? It's absolute negligence that we had no-one defending the line. A man on the far post would have headed that clear with ease. Such bad organisation cost us a point - not JCH. I was as frustrated with him as the next fan but we dropped a precious point by not doing the absolute basics from a long throw

sawmiller
02-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Our defending needs sorting out - do this, and we have a much better chance of staying up. What concerns me is the frequency with which, this season, we have conceded goals early or late on during both halves. We need full on concentration for every moment they are on that pitch.

tony260674
02-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Facts are facts, we are very easy to beat. We have lost 16 league games already which is the most of ANY team in all 4 divisions. Whether its individual mistakes, poor tactics or a lack of character, we have to make ourselves more difficult to beat.

BradfordFozzie
02-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Let's be careful not to scapegoat yet another player after what was admittedly a poor performance by JCH.

Our defending of their injury time winner was woeful.
JCH should not be in there in my view. He made an honest attempt to head the ball clear and will be devastated at the outcome. Defenders should defend the near post from long throws, not strikers.
Why was there no-one on the back post? It's absolute negligence that we had no-one defending the line. A man on the far post would have headed that clear with ease. Such bad organisation cost us a point - not JCH. I was as frustrated with him as the next fan but we dropped a precious point by not doing the absolute basics from a long throw

Mark, make no mistake I am not over reacting. I didn't even know he'd scored the own goal until I was walking out and someone told me.

That bit was just unfortunate and can happen to anyone. His whole performance from walking on the pit

Casper64Frank
02-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Agree about the scapegoat of JCH.

Give Grayson some credit. It made the difference second half with the 3 substitutions he made.

In hindsight Redfearn could have left one up front & put a midfielder or defender on, he chose to go with JCH with Danny Ward just behind him , its not worked in the past & didn't work today.
Second half it was like the Alamo with the amount of crosses that came into our box.
Preston eased off after their equaliser & couldn't believe their luck at three points.
Still all to play for.

UTM.

jolly_roger
02-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Football management is more than just picking the team. Sometimes dealing with the sulks of players is an important thing to get right. Time for NR to sort this out.

hotun
03-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Head in the clouds,a young impressionable player gets a bit of attention and forgets that he has to work hard to get more of it,I'm sure he will be reminded of that by NR tommorow.

outlaw
03-01-2016, 09:24 AM
I didn't go so I can only comment on what I've seen since he came to the club, but he strikes me as a player that often looks disinterested. He's an impact player. Fast, strong, powerful and he's got a swagger and a way about him that to me often appears as if he's not that bothered.

When he's playing well and we're winning, it goes unnoticed because we're winning. When he's not having a good game, or we're losing... It's something you pick up on. Maybe I'm wrong and he actually doesn't care/didn't care yesterday, but to me he's always given off an impression as if he's not that interested unless he's whacking the ball over from 50 yards.

PeteWaller
03-01-2016, 10:45 AM
If as has been rumoured Leeds, Wolves and Blackburn are chasing JCH then there is no wonder, he was scrambled yesterday. He looked liked he had been on the pop and was vacant, lethargic, lazy, disinterested and non league standard at best. Agree with BellBoy.
The real worry for me was that Redders played him.
At watch stage did we need to take TA off, replace him with Ward falling deeper and bringing on lazy arse? We had already lost Frecks. That substitution was the difference for me. Stuart Gray made astute tactical decisions and Redders made a blunder. They raided down our right side and completely overwhelmed our new boy who had had a good first half. Poor lad was bereft of any cover in front of him.
Second half, for me, there was only one team in it and only a matter of time before their equaliser came. I did think that we had hung on to a point though, so for JCH to get his head on the ball for the first time since he came on was priceless.
Redders, why did you play him know

millertop
03-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Derby interested in JCH.

He needs a kick up the arse that's for sure but let's not put him on the hit list .
Before he came on against Preston I said Derbyshire needs to come on, obviously NR didn't listen ;)

PeteWaller
03-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Sorry Millertop, disagree, Derbyshire can go for me. Too expensive and disinterested - Like a mini Jonno

Brin
03-01-2016, 11:08 AM
JCH set the ball rolling last week....

Did anyone read his Twitter page last week where he openly posted he wanted to move back to his area (Midlands) because his sister had given birth and he wanted to be closer to the child to watch it grow up....

That's the lamest excuse for a move I have ever heard....

Cue Wolves ......Derby(if he's lucky) ....Brum....or even Burton Albion if they come up....he needs to come clean about his Twitter post and if true and his heart isn't in it then he needs the long professional chat from Redfearn and the ' committee' or sell him while the transfer window is open ......

It's no good keeping a player who wants to leave or ....who's agent has turned his head....another Dicko scenario anyone?

Pocket rocket
03-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Is it just me that thinks he's massively over rated how many good games has he had for us??!

He wasn't I terested at all yesterday and to be honest looks lime that a lot.

Let him go for me .

I've spent 200 this week following my team if we lose we lose but need all 11 putting a shift in I don't normally criticise players but he's like a slug dragging a house brick

I bet if he plays next week he will put a shift in now why would that be

Ericsladkilnhurst
03-01-2016, 11:32 AM
[quote="PeteWaller"]If as has been rumoured Leeds, Wolves and Blackburn are chasing JCH then there is no wonder, he was scrambled yesterday. He looked liked he had been on the pop and was vacant, lethargic, lazy, disinterested and non league standard at best. Agree with BellBoy.
At watch stage did we need to take TA off, replace him with Ward falling deeper and bringing on lazy arse? We had already lost Frecks. That substitution was the difference for me. Stuart Gray made astute tactical decisions and Redders made a blunder. They raided down our right side and completely overwhelmed our new boy who had had a good first half. Poor lad was bereft of any cover in front of him.
Second half, for me, there was only one team in it and only a matter of time before their equaliser came. I did think that we had hung on to a point though, so for JCH to get his head on the ball for the first time since he came on was p

swintondude
03-01-2016, 11:39 AM
I'd cash in now whilst we can. I have seen him too many times, plodding around like a petulant child, always moaning when it doesn't go his way. The display at Huddersfield was shameful, their centre back knew exactly how to play him. He certainly has potential, but we can't afford players like that, we need ones who can do the business NOW!

Its as if that quality goal he scored from outside the box gave him a false sense of his own importance and ability. He needs a reality check. He also needs to play as a paring, he is no good on his own at all, Derbyshire is ok at that but not JCH.

Neither really are goalscorers.

PeteWaller
03-01-2016, 12:11 PM
[quote="Ericsladkilnhurst"]If as has been rumoured Leeds, Wolves and Blackburn are chasing JCH then there is no wonder, he was scrambled yesterday. He looked liked he had been on the pop and was vacant, lethargic, lazy, disinterested and non league standard at best. Agree with BellBoy.
At watch stage did we need to take TA off, replace him with Ward falling deeper and bringing on lazy arse? We had already lost Frecks. That substitution was the difference for me. Simon Grayson made astute tactical decisions and Redders made a blunder. They raided down our right side and completely overwhelmed our new boy who had had a good first half. Poor lad was bereft of any cover in front of him.
Second half, for me, there was only one team in it and only a matter of time before their equaliser came. I did think that we had hung on to a point though, so for JCH to get his head

mellowmiller
03-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Is it just me that thinks he's massively over rated how many good games has he had for us??!

He wasn't I terested at all yesterday and to be honest looks lime that a lot.

Let him go for me .

I've spent 200 this week following my team if we lose we lose but need all 11 putting a shift in I don't normally criticise players but he's like a slug dragging a house brick

I bet if he plays next week he will put a shift in now why would that be

No it's not just you Pocket.
You can count on two fingers the number of good games he's had for us.
I've always said his main problem is between his ears and until he develops a real desire to be the best at what he does he'll be nothing more than an average footballer.
There's no doubt he has potential but he isn't consistent enough to warrant a regular starting place in the team and I'm amazed that some of the clubs mentioned have a real interest in signing him.
Personally I

Mandy_Turnerhead
03-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Been a long time since I've seen such a load of sh*te in one thread.

Amongst the brilliance of those who know more about JCH's mindset than he does himself and the ingenious suggestions we should get rid of our most forward striker in years, I think Brin wins the award here for being the biggest f*cktard by suggesting that a man who wants to see his niece/nephew grow up is using a terrible excuse.

Happy new year folks.

BradfordFozzie
03-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Been a long time since I've seen such a load of sh*te in one thread.

Amongst the brilliance of those who know more about JCH's mindset than he does himself and the ingenious suggestions we should get rid of our most forward striker in years, I think Brin wins the award here for being the biggest f*cktard by suggesting that a man who wants to see his niece/nephew grow up is using a terrible excuse.

Happy new year folks.

What?!?

I'd have been tempted to have taken him off and played the last 10 minutes with 10 men such was his lack of commitment. As for moving to the Midlands to be nearer his niece, (if true) 40/50 miles away? That's the other end of the world isn't it...

I'll start watching Bradford, couldn't possibly travel the 80 mile round trip every other week.

Brin
03-01-2016, 10:14 PM
[quote="Mandy_Turnerhead"]Been a long time since I've seen such a load of sh*te in one thread.

Happy new year folks.[/quote\]

Had the Twitter page shown to me at a game.... Couldn't believe what I read...read it yourself.... F*ctard.....;D