PDA

View Full Version : Substitutions today was shocking

millers88
02-01-2016, 10:37 PM
Takes Andrue off who was 1 of our best players at the time and scored our only goal and fetches another striker on and leaves us 1 light in midfield, after that substitution we got absolute battered in midfield and should really have got hammered in the end if it wasn't for good last ditch defending, i can understand the Green sub cos he was only the 1 choice to replace Frecks but to bring Collins on for Rawson after we recalled Wood back and have him on the bench was very strange, whats the point in recalling him if he can't get above that clown Collins and how does Collins gets above Thorpe aswel when he's constantly dyer.

crashbang
02-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Takes Andrue off who was 1 of our best players at the time and scored our only goal and fetches another striker on and leaves us 1 light in midfield, after that substitution we got absolute battered in midfield and should really have got hammered in the end if it wasn't for good last ditch defending, i can understand the Green sub cos he was only the 1 choice to replace Frecks but to bring Collins on for Rawson after we recalled Wood back and have him on the bench was very strange, whats the point in recalling him if he can't get above that clown Collins and how does Collins gets above Thorpe aswel when he's constantly dyer.

Clown? Let's not abuse our own players.
Constructive critisim please.

mikemiller
02-01-2016, 10:55 PM
I wasn't at the match, but listened to the Radio DeeDah commentary....sounded like Andreu, Facey and Mattock were our best players....so I was amazed when Andreu went off (unless he was injured)
As for "fresh legs" - why not Ledesma? - he's hardly played for months and would have been raring to go

By the way, I think that NR said that Thorpe is injured at the moment

gwru
02-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Think we need a perm' signing in midfield. Green show's how bad it is if he's only player to bring on. Could we afford Hyam, good player, he's on the bench for Ipswich. If not somebody from say league 1 round same age/ profile as Hyam.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-01-2016, 11:46 PM
All the subs were done because of injury and we don't exactly have many options atm hopefully that will change in the window. I heard someone say that Thorpe was injured. Can only think NR chose Collins because he's not seen much of Wood yet as we all know that Wood is the better player. Collins is not a clown though, was a good player just past his best now and that's not his fault. A few others at the club past their best or done due to injury or age. Lets hope we can get some cover and options as we are not that far away. Think folk are being a bit harsh from what I've read on here and other forums etc.. it's not easy with a thin squad and no luck with injuries.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
03-01-2016, 12:00 AM
Plus it doesn't help when players come on and don't put a shift in.

millers88
03-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Was Andrue injured aswel then? If so we have had terrible luck yesterday, as for Collins i might have been a bit harsh on him because he did used be a good defender once when he was younger but now he's way past his best and that's Evans fault for bringing him in and Redfearn's fault for constantly using him.

tivoliman415783
03-01-2016, 09:50 AM
posted on the match thread as soon as JCH came on at 1-0 it was a big mistake.would rather have seen collins or wood come on and go 5 at the back to try and deal with crosses than go 4-4-2..
NR keeps going on about 'staying in games' and being hard to beat but then cost us this game with the JCH sub

Derbymiller
03-01-2016, 10:13 AM
derbyshire would have been a better swap with ward dropping to midfield, derbyshire works hard and if he is after a move would have been a better choice. I still think Redfearns team selections cost us big time in his first 6 games, it seems that when he has to make crucial team selections with less choice he gets it wrong more times than right. Lets remember he has little experience as a manager and perhaps that tells with some of his decisions, another example is the contracts to Best, Kelly and that lad that will never play for us. This is an observation not having a go I hope he comes good for us he is doing ok

Pocket rocket
03-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Derby your correct about Derbyshire yesterday I said that to my boy.

Let's hope we can get some players in who want to put a shift in and hopefully with a bit of quality

Milkyme
03-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Did the same at Fulham, said it would cost us the game and it did. OK if players are injured are playing poor, but why change things if there not broken?

millertop
03-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Andreu injured

Timbertop
03-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Was Danny Danny Ward injured too? Another one that vanished in the second half !!

MarkThomas
03-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Danny Ward didn't 'vanish' in my view but was certainly less effective because he was asked to slot into midfield. I agree with the observations that Derbyshire always puts a shift in. I would play Derbs ahead of JCH next time out.5

redhouse
03-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Danny Ward didn't 'vanish' in my view but was certainly less effective because he was asked to slot into midfield. I agree with the observations that Derbyshire always puts a shift in. I would play Derbs ahead of JCH next time out.5

I would play Derbs ahead of JCH every time

millertop
04-01-2016, 07:44 AM
Was Danny Danny Ward injured too? Another one that vanished in the second half !!

Well he did get a few knocks like he always does (target).