PDA

View Full Version : The manner of defeat

jvmiller
03-01-2016, 08:53 AM
The way Rotherham lost yesterday usually happens to sides going down doesn't it? That and a few other observations from the game below. - view external link (http://www.itsmillerstime.co.uk/2016/01/preston-2-rotherham-1-five-things-we.html)

millertop
03-01-2016, 10:47 AM
When you have to fetch Green (legs gone) and Collins (crap, and we lose every time he's on) on then you know we are in trouble.

Hopefully NR will fetch new in or fetch ours back and use them.

Give D Ward a rest also before he injures himself and out for weeks.

S8_Miller
03-01-2016, 10:53 AM
When you have to fetch Green (legs gone) and Collins (crap, and we lose every time he's on) on then you know we are in trouble.

Thought Green had a good game yesterday to be fair to him and Collins didn't do anything wrong when he came on but when you have three enforced changes to your team you are going struggle, particularly when pickings on the bench are slim as ours.

PeteWaller
03-01-2016, 10:58 AM
It was another poor display in the 2nd half but let's face it, our squad of players is not a strong one. Bringing back the rubbish that went out on loan won't cure our problems. Losing Frecks was major and playing Jonno when his head is full of rumour is a mistake. We are having to depend on Greeny to plug gaps and he can't do it. Once again though, he at least put a shift in. Collins is spent and when Rawson had to leave, I think every Millers fan there, thought we might struggle to hang on, even for a few minutes.
January was always going to be the telling time. We need some quality and lets hope Redders can find us some. Still not too late if we can get signings in.

millertop
03-01-2016, 12:45 PM

Thought Green had a good game yesterday to be fair to him and Collins didn't do anything wrong when he came on but when you have three enforced changes to your team you are going struggle, particularly when pickings on the bench are slim as ours.[/quote]

Green wasn't too bad but there were a few balls that he should have got to but didn't because his legs have gone, we need to stop carrying players.

Correct , Collins didn't do anything wrong but we lose when he's on the pitch and imo he's crap and needs gone.

Timbertop
03-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Grant Ward wasn't his usual energetic self either. Was that his last loan game? Suspect he's probably been tapped up by some more affluent club.

CAMiller
03-01-2016, 04:44 PM
There were a lot of yellow shirts and a goalkeeper in there to defend that throw in against just 2 PNE players :blue:

Casper64Frank
03-01-2016, 07:08 PM
There were a lot of yellow shirts and a goalkeeper in there to defend that throw in against just 2 PNE players :blue:

Three yellow shirts & Camp.
No player on the far post, naive defending.
We needed someone in midfield to hang on to the ball & pass back or across midfield & frustrate Preston instead of pushing forward gung ho style.
Lamb's to the slaughter that 2nd half.

millmoormagic
03-01-2016, 07:25 PM

Thought Green had a good game yesterday to be fair to him and Collins didn't do anything wrong when he came on but when you have three enforced changes to your team you are going struggle, particularly when pickings on the bench are slim as ours.[/quote]

Green wasn't too bad but there were a few balls that he should have got to but didn't because his legs have gone, we need to stop carrying players.

Correct , Collins didn't do anything wrong but we lose when he's on the pitch and imo he's crap and needs gone.[/quote]

So, you're judging Green's performance on a poor overplay

Pocket rocket
03-01-2016, 09:32 PM
I think green gets unfair critisicm tbh

Whatever he does he gets slated he always gives 100% yes he's not the quickest but as a fan I can't fault his commitment

jolly_roger
03-01-2016, 09:58 PM
There are quite a few at the club worse than Green.

millavanilla
03-01-2016, 10:40 PM
You could see it coming for yonks...i had hope when it was time and added time had gone..but then that wouldnt have been us would it..especially in the season of goodwill..

millertop
04-01-2016, 06:53 AM

Correct , Collins didn't do anything wrong but we lose when he's on the pitch and imo he's crap and needs gone.[/quote]

So, you'r

BradfordFozzie
04-01-2016, 09:32 AM

Correct , Collins didn't do anything wrong but we lose when he's on the pitch and imo he

millertop
04-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Where did I lay blame on green for losing that game?

I said the team are in trouble when you have to fetch Green on (which we are)his legs have gone (which they have) I didn't blame him for losing the game did I? Or are some using a different language on here?
infact I haven't blamed anyone for losing that game.
Yes I said we lose when Collins is on the pitch (we do) but I didnt state he did owt wrong either.
:/

BradfordFozzie
04-01-2016, 10:45 AM
You are such a child at times Millertop. Ok I'll bite and play you at your game.

Where did I say you blamed Green for the loss??

Green had a really good game on Saturday and put a fantastic shift in for the team and you can't even begrudgingly give him any praise whatsoever. The only thing you can come up with in the entire game is the poor pass that Ward overhit late on in the corner (which incidentally green (legs gone) was still overlapping in the 92nd minute on the wing, and you blamed him for that instead of Ward? or are you going to say where did I say it was that specific pass?

What would your reaction have been if Green had overhit the pass to Ward?? Or Green dithered at the back like Broadfoot and got robbed late on?...I dread to think?

Anyway rant over Happy New Year Millertop after all that! Lol

millertop
04-01-2016, 11:45 AM
What's the *bleep*ing problem here?

I haven't really given praise to anyone for that game.
I haven't slated anyone either for that game.

I haven't laid blame at one of them players for losing the game.

Anyway, on to the next game XD

BradfordFozzie
04-01-2016, 01:42 PM

You forgot to say Happy New Year that's the problem! ;-)

millertop
04-01-2016, 01:50 PM

You forgot to say Happy New Year that's the problem! ;-)[/quote]

Damn I knew there was something missing.

Happy new year XD
even if we agree or disagree the team will still stay up. That's praise for you ;)

redandgreen
04-01-2016, 06:22 PM
JCH was bone idle when he came on. Derbyshire would not have allowed the Preston defenders such an easy time.
That simple pass to green if not overhit may well have eaten up enough time to gain a point, but it isn't as simple as that. How many quality crosses were put in by north end in particular our right side, what did we do to prevent them....nothing. They not only had space to put them over, but also had a spare player all the time.
As for the goals, just like the final 2 at Fulham, we out numbered attackers in the box by more than 2 to one yet all that does is players leave it for each other, or get in the way. Defenders don't want a crowded box and further more if we do clear it possession ends up with our opponents, for them to play it in again.

gwru
04-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Only seen highlights. Know people on here will say I'm signalling one player out. I know Camp kept us in the game but there equaliser it was his ball to come out for, he half came, then was left in no man's land. If somebody cane in for Camp let him go. In a better side he'd get more cover. He's an outstanding shot stopper, Its his command of the area. Any Thoughts. For us to stop up spines got to be good, there's only Broadfoot who I'd say is the spine of the side.

ces
04-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Bang on with all your points RaG. Clarke-Harris was a disgrace to the shirt ,with no effort put in at all. I can put up with the own goal, as he did not mean it, but not the lack of effort.

BradfordFozzie
04-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Only seen highlights. Know people on here will say I'm signalling one player out. I know Camp kept us in the game but there equaliser it was his ball to come out for, he half came, then was left in no man's land. If somebody cane in for Camp let him go. In a better side he'd get more cover. He's an outstanding shot stopper, Its his command of the area. Any Thoughts. For us to stop up spines got to be good, there's only Broadfoot who I'd say is the spine of the side.

Yes we all know you don't like Camp. I went to the game but haven't seen the highlights. Do they show the string of saves he made in the second half to keep the score respectable??

millertop
04-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Camp made some great saves like always

andy_miller72
04-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately we lose far too many games - winning 6 in the first half of the season is more than respectable but we need to be drawing games and picking up points. I can't see us winning more than 13 games, we need a decent amount of draws to make up the shortfall.

A positive is we are still in the mix - although the teams likely to be relegated seems to be getting smaller, a few weeks ago I feared we'd be cut adrift

millmoormagic
04-01-2016, 10:32 PM
For me Bolton are going, also Charlton are going into meltdown, that leaves one place from 3 teams, finish on top of that mini league, simple!!

caytonmiller
04-01-2016, 11:02 PM
why are charlton going into meltdown? made 3 signings today and looks like 2 more before the weeks out...

millertop
05-01-2016, 07:04 AM
I don't see Charlton going down.
Bolton,Bristol and maybe Mk Dons.

millertop
05-01-2016, 08:32 AM
one thing that stood out in this game was how mad Broadfoot was when the winner went him, he even had balls to to say something to JCH, He is a bigger man than me that's for sure XD