PDA

View Full Version : Neil Redfern

Raised ont Tivoli, d
03-01-2016, 08:07 PM
I want to like him and give him a chance but I think since he has come in we've got worse.
every week we seem to look lost, unorganized and even when we win I don't think we play well.
he's making basic mistakes every week things that are simple to fix but he doesn't seem to notice.
I hope he turns it round for our sake but I don't think he's ready for this level of management just yet.

jolly_roger
03-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Yes he should have been on the goal line covering the post instead of standing on the sidelines shouting at the rest.

CAMiller
03-01-2016, 08:32 PM
I want to like him and give him a chance but I think since he has come in we've got worse.
every week we seem to look lost, unorganized and even when we win I don't think we play well.
he's making basic mistakes every week things that are simple to fix but he doesn't seem to notice.
I hope he turns it round for our sake but I don't think he's ready for this level of management just yet.

You start the post as if you automatically expected us to get better? I'm not privy to the reason's why but I don't think we let our previous manager go (one who'd been with us for almost 4 years) with a view to replacing him with a better option for on pitch performance reasons.

Pocket rocket
03-01-2016, 09:28 PM

Why didn't you post this after we beat hull and Bolton.

Derbymiller
04-01-2016, 11:53 AM
perhaps because he thought after those two wins things were getting better but then seeing us get hammered by a bottom half side and then make more strange substitutions as well as fail to adapt to the oppositions tactical change in the following game he would share his views and opinion on a messageboard for fellow Rotherham that share and discuss their opinions. For gods sake people are allowed to view what they are thinking and feeling about the club without being shut down, if you disagree with the original post Pocket Rocket then have a adult mature discussion with the poster rather than jump down his throat

Bleeper
04-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Bizarre....there has been clear improvements to the performances and Redfearn has made it clear that there are players in the team that need replacing. Having said that the football being played is much better than under Evans and as Redfearn has pointed out our forward line is weak and needs strengthening. Once that's done then maybe we will start to convert the chances we are making into goals.

For example, 22 attempts on goal at Fulham against their 12. Ive seen nearly every game home and away this season and since Redfearn came the games where we have fallen short were Derby and Ipswich. Other than that we have competed and its clear that the message is getting through to the players about the style he wants to play.

Saturday against Preston was a setback after good results in December and in all honesty we deserved a point - just like we did at Blackburn, Brentford, Fulham. Of course it would have been better to have somebody on the post but even then Im not sure the ball w

hotun
04-01-2016, 01:20 PM
The thing is we need to be in touch with safety all the way to the end of the season like we were last season.If that happens then NR will get the support but should we come unstuck and get relegated early the knives will be out and mistakes like sat at Preston will come back to haunt him.Crucial now that we get 3 or 4 players in that will strengthen the team.Get relegated and we may be back in the wilderness for a few seasons.Basic mistakes are costing us points up to now and it's got to stop or its curtains.

Pocket rocket
04-01-2016, 01:57 PM
perhaps because he thought after those two wins things were getting better but then seeing us get hammered by a bottom half side and then make more strange substitutions as well as fail to adapt to the oppositions tactical change in the following game he would share his views and opinion on a messageboard for fellow Rotherham that share and discuss their opinions. For gods sake people are allowed to view what they are thinking and feeling about the club without being shut down, if you disagree with the original post Pocket Rocket then have a adult mature discussion with the poster rather than jump down his throat

First of all Derby

I haven't jumped down anyone's throat stop been offended on someone else's behalf.

If tivoli answers then we can have a debate can't we??

Secondly just like you it's amazing how many people only comment when we get beat but don't actually go to the games not that I'm accusing tivoli of that

Raised ont Tivoli, d
04-01-2016, 05:33 PM
I have said on numerous post even after Hull and Bolton that there has never been a complete performance under Neil Redfern.
I want him to do well for the clubs sake but as a team, a unit I think performance wise we've gone backwards.
I think he's over thinking things at the moment and if we revert back to a 4,4,2 there is a possibility we could get away with a few signings. I've got the feeling he's going to try and bring players in to play 4,5,1. If that is the case it will take a lot more time, effort and players and everything to fall in place. It's a massive gamble.

Pocket rocket
04-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Fair point Tivoli I asked the question because a lot of people come on and are wax lyrical about NR when we win then slate him when we don't it annoys me tbh i think given time he will get it right only time will tell

Raised ont Tivoli, d
04-01-2016, 05:59 PM
The main point I'm trying to make is o think where losing because we don't have the correct players, type of players for the formation we are playing. I feel we play the ball too quickly from back to front and don't get players close enough to Danny Ward and equally when they get fed up and get close enough to the stricker it leaves the defence exposed and we conceded cheap goals. I know Neil Redfern will try and sort it in the window, I hope he dose but for me I feel by experimenting different systems we have given away valuable points. I just want what's best for the team.

Pocket rocket
04-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Again fair points one issue for me is the quality if the players we have and also the ones we can afford to bring in.

If we can stay up I think NR will be able to develop us into a mid table side if we go down which I don't believe we will I think he will develop a youthful side .

Personally I think our full backs are the issue and a proven goal scorer some of the games could have gone either way and a second goal Saturday in the first half we would have won.

Anyway were all Miller's together utm

Derbymiller
04-01-2016, 07:53 PM
i am a season ticket holder so is my son and my dad was for over 40 years before he passed. I never said I was offended by your comments just that you had a go at the guy because he made an opinion. Also I never said I agreed with his view or not, as it happens I don't I think Redfearn is doing ok but he makes some silly team selections at times.
Yes I have over reacted sometimes when I am upset about what I see, most people do I don't apologise for that it is because I care and love the club our family have supported it before it was United as I am sure others have too.
I make comments whether we win lose or draw, when I chose to not when you or your cronies expect me to.
As for my credibility on this site, oh I am devastated how will I survive if people don't agree with what I say, how will I get through the day? Guess what I don't give a toss, it is an opinion board people should disagree with each other and discuss and debate without getting offended. The time to get offended is

millertop
04-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Is it that time of year where everyone's depressed or what? XD

Pocket rocket
04-01-2016, 08:04 PM
[quote="Derbymiller"]i am a season ticket holder so is my son and my dad was for over 40 years before he passed. I never said I was offended by your comments just that you had a go at the guy because he made an opinion. Also I never said I agreed with his view or not, as it happens I don't I think Redfearn is doing ok but he makes some silly team selections at times.
Yes I have over reacted sometimes when I am upset about what I see, most people do I don't apologise for that it is because I care and love the club our family have supported it before it was United as I am sure others have too.
I make comments whether we win lose or draw, when I chose to not when you or your cronies expect me to.
As for my credibility on this site, oh I am devastated how will I survive if people don't agree with what I say, how will I get through the day? Guess what I don't give a toss, it is an opinion board people should disagree with each other and discuss and debate without

gorky
04-01-2016, 09:57 PM
I think we were *bleep*, then we improved a bit, then we were a bit worse then we got much better and then got a bit worse. We're probably on a par with Evans at the start of this season but not as good as last season. Let's see who the Committee of Mathematical Safety bring in in January and judge RedfeArn with those players.