PDA

View Full Version : O/ t Choose healthy lifestyle or die young

kempo
04-01-2016, 08:33 AM
That's the simple choice yet remarkably many of you lot choose the latter.

It's a stupid choice unless of course you want to die and it's utterly selfish.
Selfish in that you will leave teenage children without a dad and a wife without a husband she loved.

Many of you take pride in your excessive drinking and eating, equal pride in the size of your gut.
It's a shame that your brain is so small.

Smoking will kill you or leave you disabled in your fifties or sixties for certain.

Drinking alcohol to excess will kill you via cancer or various other illnesses.
Unhealthy eating will kill you with diabetes or cancer.

Why do you think all those people you know had pancreatic cancer?...alcohol.

The sad thing is you can easily start to reverse things and switch the odds in your favour but maybe you really are too STUPID!

Change now...This is your moment!

millmoormagic
04-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Agree with all of that Kempo, i will say though that i know doctors, who really, really do know better, smoke and drink along with the best......

Rileyev2
04-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Well this thread has cheered me up no end, cheers Kempo.

What will be your next contribution?

"The 10 most successful ways to kill yourself" for all the failed gamblers out there. ;D

millertop
04-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Can't agree, each person is different.

Rileyev2
04-01-2016, 08:48 AM
On another note Lemmy has just shuffled off after putting 4 bottles of Jack Daniels away for 40 years and taking enough drugs every day to put a blue whale to sleep. He was 70.

By your reckoning he'd have lived to be 128 if he'd lived a healthy life.

Stress is a bigger killer than alcohol or pies.

Get ya head reyt n you'll make it well past 3 score n 10 regardless of what you eat or drink.

kempo
04-01-2016, 09:09 AM
With respect millertop and Riley...your posts are utter nonsense.

All the evidence readily available and you remain in denial.

kempo
04-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Agree with all of that Kempo, i will say though that i know doctors, who really, really do know better, smoke and drink along with the best......

Doctors who drink to excess are common but doctors who smoke are few and far between but of course do exist.

millertop
04-01-2016, 09:14 AM
So healthy people live longer then? No.

I've never been sick in my life, I eat drink what I want.
Pie and pint every game I attend.
Last medical five months ago, nothing wrong what so ever.

Rileyev2
04-01-2016, 09:34 AM
With respect millertop and Riley...your posts are utter nonsense.

All the evidence readily available and you remain in denial.

I'm not in denial. I eat fairly healthy and drink but not to excess.

I just don't agree with what you are saying. Not everyone who does things pays an ultimate price. Seemingly healthy people living sensible lifestyles drop dead prematurely every day.

Enjoy life and what will be will be.

For nonsense, see Kempo's gambling advice, now that is nonsense. It's enough to drive anyone to drink. ;D

LincsMiller
04-01-2016, 10:04 AM
I eat sensibly and exercise regularly, this doesn't guarantee me a long and healthy life but if something nasty does get me then I won't be beating myself up because I may have fed whatever it is . I neglected my dental hygiene in my younger years and now Im literally paying the price, the horrible realisation that I could have prevented the cost ( and pain) of hanging on to my teeth helped me make the decision that I wouldn't let the same thing happen to my general health

avondalemiller
04-01-2016, 11:06 AM
I went to the Doctors recently and he told me to stop smoking, drinking and going with dirty women........i said will i live any longer Doctor? .....................................No, but it will seem like it................

Norma Snockers
04-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Its about stacking odds in your favour. Yes people who lead healthy lifestyles may die suddenly at a young age but on average people who drink, smoke, eat crap don't live as long as people who look after themselves. People who say it doesn't matter are usually the ones in denial.

gwru
04-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Bout 5 years ago I was drinking around 40 pints of beer a week. Had a blood test, showed a problem with my liver. So about 3 years ago I reduced my alcohol level by over half. Last 2 years my blood test has shown no problems. Doesn't say I'm going to live any longer. Way I look at it if you take your car to the garage to be be told something wrong you have it done, well I do. Same with a doctor if he tells me something needs to be done, you do it.

Archiemiller
04-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Everything in moderation and you wont go far wrong (that includes excersize). A bloke i used to work with took half asprin every day and never touched fried stuff, his cholesteral was off the scale. Watching Rotherham dunt help. LOL

gm_gm
04-01-2016, 01:35 PM

Its the things that you may be eating which don't pronounce the problems immediately that is the biggest threat. Eating too much red meat, mcdonnalds and supermarket chemically charged freezer gash is as bad as smoking or drinking too much, eating is supposed to be to fuel your body, but if you eat and eat for no other reason than it taste nice and without exercise, then you are going to be in trouble sooner or later

millertop
04-01-2016, 01:44 PM

Its the things that you may be eating which don't pronounce the problems immediately that is the biggest threat. Eating too much red meat, mcdonnalds and supermarket chemically charged freezer gash is as bad as smoking or drinking too much, eating is supposed to be to fuel your body, but if you eat and eat for no other reason than it taste nice and without exercise, then you are going to be in trouble sooner or later[/

I'll get back to you when I'm sick but it won't be anytime soon ;)

great_fire
04-01-2016, 04:41 PM

A lot of nurses do as well.

Pocket rocket
04-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Dies this include pukka pies

millavanilla
05-01-2016, 04:21 AM
I went for a check up and everything was fine barring my liver count...the doc told me to stop drinking...i stopped for 6 months...and nearly died from depression..theres a lot of truth in what kempo/zilzal says..but life is for living..i know someone whos in decent health at 91..but looks like hes just clawed the lid off and got out..cant have it all ways....

kempo
08-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Wow Even the Chief Medical Officer reads my posts and today issues new guidance.

Post of the century award goes to millertop...'So, healthy people live longer then? No!'

Nobody will ever top that one.?..Well maybe John or millmoormagic.

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 12:50 PM
He's bringing out another set of health guidance next week.

Apparently it's not a good idea to play hopscotch on the M25.

kempo
08-01-2016, 12:56 PM
OPINION!! That Jolly without any evidence.

My girlfriend plays hopscotch and I have spoken at length about this very subject and she says it depends where you chalk out the play area.

Fast lane is the safest with the most fatalities in square 2 on the hard shoulder.

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 01:13 PM
There is no such thing as the fast lane, before J2 tells you the same XD

LincsMiller
08-01-2016, 02:01 PM
I went for a check up and everything was fine barring my liver count...the doc told me to stop drinking...i stopped for 6 months...and nearly died from depression..theres a lot of truth in what kempo/zilzal says..but life is for living..i know someone whos in decent health at 91..but looks like hes just clawed the lid off and got out..cant have it all ways....

If I have decent health at 91 sod what I look like... life is for living but I don't want to spend the latter years of my life gasping for breath, dealing with Diabetes or on a dialysis machine and waiting for a liver transplant. So while ever we don't have a natural "cut off " switch that kicks in to stop that happening Im happy to take my chance with partaking in the healthy life-style option