PDA

View Full Version : o/t Do not go and see this awful film

the_idiotb_stardson
04-01-2016, 03:04 PM
" The Danish Girl"

Absolutely dreadful and blatant propaganda.

Deepmidwinter
04-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Is Kevin Bacon in it?

the_idiotb_stardson
04-01-2016, 03:16 PM
No but there were a few old hams in it.

Timbertop
04-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Why is it dreadful and what is the propaganda ? Got to go with wife in return for seeing The Revenant with me !!

the_idiotb_stardson
04-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Set in the 1930's it's basically about a selfish, self obsessed- male landscape painter who tries on his wife's sussies and then suddenly reckons he is a woman trapped in a man's body. He then goes to see a shrink who says he is mentally ill ( no comment). He doesn't like what he hears and keeps sneaking off to put on his wife's clobber etc. He sees one shrink after another until he finally sees one who agrees with him and he lets the shrink chop his knackers off . The male/female dies a couple of days after the operation. Apparently the male/female lead character is a pioneer for the transgender movement and we are all supposed to admire and respect the person who had the op for being bold and brave......otherwise we are bad people.

mygiddypant
04-01-2016, 03:50 PM
[quote="the_idiotb_stardson"

Absolutely dreadful and blatant propaganda.[/quote]

Ha! The wife left about 30 minutes ago to see this with her chums. I thought it might be

"absolutely dreadful", but propaganda? Think you need to spend more time looking at alternatives to MadMillers! XD

great_fire
04-01-2016, 04:36 PM
They were criticising it in Sight and Sound because a "cis male" was playing a transsexual and comparing it to a white actor doing blackface.

Pocket rocket
04-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Set in the 1930's it's basically about a selfish, self obsessed- male landscape painter who tries on his wife's sussies and then suddenly reckons he is a woman trapped in a man's body. He then goes to see a shrink who says he is mentally ill ( no comment). He doesn't like what he hears and keeps sneaking off to put on his wife's clobber etc. He sees one shrink after another until he finally sees one who agrees with him and chops his knackers off . The male/female dies a couple of days after the operation. Apparently the male/female lead character is a pioneer for the transgender movement and we are all supposed to admire and respect the person who had the op for being bold and brave......otherwise we are bad people.

IBS are you not supposed to wear your wife's knickers :D :D ;D

the_idiotb_stardson
04-01-2016, 05:45 PM
I usually wear your wife's ;D

Pocket rocket
04-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Oh that's where they've gone

kempo
04-01-2016, 07:10 PM
How amusingly ironic!...Some transsexuals saying that a transsexual must be played by a transsexual.

Ericsladkilnhurst
04-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Sounds a bit Streaky to me, never know I might Lean to it. :P

Brin
04-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Set in the 1930's it's basically about a selfish, self obsessed- male landscape painter who tries on his wife's sussies and then suddenly reckons he is a woman trapped in a man's body. He then goes to see a shrink who says he is mentally ill ( no comment). He doesn't like what he hears and keeps sneaking off to put on his wife's clobber etc. He sees one shrink after another until he finally sees one who agrees with him and he lets the shrink chop his knackers off . The male/female dies a couple of days after the operation. Apparently the male/female lead character is a pioneer for the transgender movement and we are all supposed to admire and respect the person who had the op for being bold and brave......otherwise we are bad people.

Sounds like it was right up your street.... Why the disappointment ?!

the_idiotb_stardson
04-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Put it like this Brin, if one of your kids wanted a sex change operation, would you encourage them to go for it?

John2
04-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Put it like this Brin, if one of your kids wanted a sex change operation, would you encourage them to go for it?

So if one of you children was having gender identity issues and needed your support, your approach would be to belittle them, offend them and pressure them into retaining an identity they are uncomfortable with so that you can feel more comfortable.

You would put your own prejudice ahead of the well being of your child. I think you've shown your true colours.

Would you adopt the same approach if they were gay?

the_idiotb_stardson
04-01-2016, 08:53 PM
And you have shown yours. Would you rather see your own child's gender changed just so you can impress your middle class lefty friends with how super 'right on' you are?

P.s Careful John you are saying being homosexual is the same as being transgender.Isn't that something which all the E and D manuals frown upon?

John2
04-01-2016, 09:01 PM
And you have shown yours. You would rather see your own child's genitals hacked off and removed just so you can impress your middle class lefty friends with how super 'right on' you are.

P.s Careful John you are saying being homosexual is the same as being transgender.Isn't that something which all the E and D manuals frown upon?

If the medical professionals though gender reassignment surgery was going to be in the best interests of my child, as it does and has for many, they would have my 100% support.

Don't be ridiculous. They're obviously different, I'm asking if your attitude is different?

I feel sorry for any kids you have. Or you're trolling again.

the_idiotb_stardson
04-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Yes my attitude is different. When it comes to transgender issues I am with Germaine Greer.

gm_gm
04-01-2016, 09:08 PM
And you have shown yours. You would rather see your own child's genitals hacked off and removed just so you can impress your middle class lefty friends with how super 'right on' you are.

If the medical professionals though gender reassignment surgery was going to be in the best interests of my child, as it does and has for many, they would have my 100% support.

Don't be ridiculous. They're obviously different, I'm asking if your attitude is different?

I feel sorry for any kids you have. Or you're trolling again.[/quote]

John, out of interest do you have any children?

John2
04-01-2016, 09:58 PM
No. Do you have some theory that once I do it'll "all make sense" and I'll become a raging bigot?

kempo
04-01-2016, 10:01 PM
Gmgm...I think you know that the answer is so obviously no.

He has plenty of experience of googling but very little life experience.

He is quite talented at making ageist attacks and calling anyone who disagrees with him a troll.

jolly_roger
05-01-2016, 12:29 AM
[quote="John2" and I'll become a raging bigot?[/quote]

You need to grow up first and grow a pair.

John2
05-01-2016, 07:32 AM
Gmgm...I think you know that the answer is so obviously no.

He has plenty of experience of googling but very little life experience.

Are you suggesting that once I have children I actually may become homo and transphobic because there's some sort of primal bigot mode that kicks in?

Or are these fatherhood questions desperate attempts to undermine my argument because ultimately it has already been lost on actual substance?

Engage the debate then Kempo, do you have children? Would you offer them your support if they struggled with their gender identity, or do you think it is OK to make them feel rejected?

Sorry to see you're STILL obviously upset so long after after our last debate. I hope you're OK.

the_idiotb_stardson
05-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Once again John you label anyone who doesn't oppose your views as a bigot. It's like the debates on immigration. You assume that people who aren't in favour of it are nasty vile racists. You overlook that people can be against immigration because they are compassionate. They actually don't want to see bodies floating in the sea or lorry loads full of suffocated corpses. It might not be the case somone is automatically opposing it because they don't like a person's skin colour.

it's the same with transgender issues. I actually don't want to see people being mutilated or disfigured because
they believe that their body doesn't match up with their identity. It's not because I hate people who believe this. The evidence about these operations is far too inconclusive especially the long term psychological effects. The people who have regretted the operations or those who have pulled out of the operation beforehand are being silenced by a powerful lobby. Surgery is lucrative, counselling i

John2
05-01-2016, 08:32 AM
You're confusing immigration and refugees. I think reasoned arguments can be made against immigration, I have no problem with those. If the reason is "because foreign people are all lazy and here to bleed us dry" - I would label that as bigoted, because it is.

I'm not branding bigot around willy nilly. You've displayed prejudice towards gay marriage and transgendered people. That is, by definition, bigoted.

Wanting psychological support for people with transgendered issues is not bigoted, its a good thing, and I agree. Surgery should always be a last resort after appropriate psychological assessment. However, once the professionals (who are far more experienced and focused on patient outcomes than us) have decided surgery is in the patients best interests, I trust their judgement, particularly in the NHS who should not be profit focused, but patient outcome focused. Private clinics can make money, and possibly will have less incentive to do the proper psychological assessment, bu

gm_gm
05-01-2016, 09:58 AM
[quote="John2" and I'll become a raging bigot?[/quote]

Just trying to put another piece in the jigsaw that's all.

Conversely, I believe if you had children at some point you would become far less bigoted

michaeldc
05-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Here's what I know:

1. John2 is a decent man that wants equality and respect for all.
2. IBS/Kempo are wind up merchants that a lot here seem to fall for time and again.
3. Lots of people here have severe prejudices against people that don't look or think exactly like they do.

Live and let live guys.

the_idiotb_stardson
05-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Here's what I know:

3. Lots of people here have severe prejudices against people that don't look or think exactly like they do.

A bit ironic coming from the poster who had the biggest hissy fit in MM history.

What was the reason you flounced off now? Ah yes the rather arrogant, pompous belief that you had nothing in common with any fellow millers supporters. You didn't just exclude people on race, disability, colour, sexuality, age etc. You excluded everyone but yourself!

gm_gm
05-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Here's what I know:

1. John2 is a decent man that wants equality and respect for all.
2. IBS/Kempo are wind up merchants that a lot here seem to fall for time and again.

Live and let live guys.

Michael, you're big buddies with John and should back him up, purple or not.

I don't think respect is visible to John the way he has attacked IBS, Kempo and many others on here.

I don't mind John, I just wish he would debate in a more grown up manner as opossed to resorting to insults, he's entitled to his opinion like everyone else.

John2
05-01-2016, 07:48 PM
I don't think respect is visible to John the way he has attacked IBS, Kempo and many others on here.

I don't mind John, I just wish he would debate in a more grown up manner as opossed to resorting to insults, he's entitled to his opinion like everyone else.

Comments like this really make me giggle.

Some of our posters seem to be so fragile and delicate. "attacked", lol. Its just being comprehensively out debated, they need to toughen up.

kempo
05-01-2016, 10:04 PM
' comprehensively outdebated'

You have struggled in several debates and you have then started to throw insults at fellow posters.

If posters disagree with you then you respond with one of the following....ageist comments, calling the poster a troll or a racist or a bigot or all three....using the tiresome wind up comment.

In recent debates you have been a bit out of your comfort zone and your insults reflect this.

It's interesting that you then suggest that the recipients of your insults are delicate and should toughen up.

I think a knowledgeable person like yourself would agree that this behaviour is more characteristic of a bully than a reasoned debater.

I can see nothing wrong with your opinion on the topic of this thread but why not give your views without insulting others?

Geetarman
05-01-2016, 10:26 PM
You have forgotten about your "LOOK AT ME!" lifestyle advice post in which you described anyone that didn't follow your advice as STUPID (in caps)

I am an adult, as is my partner. We are capable of deciding how we live our lives. The one thing that really gets up my snout is people telling me how everyone should be just like you. You are a pompous, insecure, pretencious twohat attempting to be something that you are not.

How much did you make in the property boom between 83 and maybe 92?. Or were just placing losing penny bets at the time.

kempo
05-01-2016, 10:35 PM
You are on the wrong thread Geeter but I stand by my stupid comment.( see what I did there?)

Anyone who smokes, eats to a level causing obesity, drinks excess alcohol and makes no attempt to correct this life threatening lifestyle is indeed stupid as well as being utterly selfish.

Maybe CBT would help with your inferiority complex.

Geetarman
05-01-2016, 10:47 PM
You are on the wrong thread Geeter but I stand by my stupid comment.( see what I did there?)

Anyone who smokes, eats to a level causing obesity, drinks excess alcohol and makes no attempt to correct this life threatening lifestyle is indeed stupid as well as being utterly selfish.

Maybe CBT would help with your inferiority complex.

I am not a braggart (unlike yourself). I am what i am..meet me and i call a spade spade. Notice how long it has taken me to mention property dealings? I am not the big I am, I don't boast about my lifestyle or holidays on a forum dedicated (with exceptions such as Zilzal and IBS's postings) to football.

I would hate to be on a long flight in the next seat to you.

Edit...my inferior complex? You are the one that constantly seeks peer approval. True sign of insecurtiy.

John2
06-01-2016, 08:52 AM
' comprehensively outdebated'

You have struggled in several debates and you have then started to throw insults at fellow posters.

If posters disagree with you then you respond with one of the following....ageist comments, calling the poster a troll or a racist or a bigot or all three....using the tiresome wind up comment.

In recent debates you have been a bit out of your comfort zone and your insults reflect this.

It's interesting that you then suggest that the recipients of your insults are delicate and should toughen up.

I think a knowledgeable person like yourself would agree that this behaviour is more characteristic of a bully than a reasoned debater.

I can see nothing wrong with your opinion on the topic of this thread but why not give your views without insulting others?

I have not insulted anyone. I used old duffer, once, light heartedly. I didn't use it in an ageist way, from its context it was clearly not lo

kempo
06-01-2016, 09:27 AM
I feel much more comfortable now John.

Maybe we can move forward and debate without swapping insults.

I certainly would not want to suppress a bit of banter but if you feel that this is the best way forward for you then that's your prerogative.

Has IBS really said that he is against gay marriage?...I assume that you are aware of his declared sexuality.

kempo
06-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Geeter....I consider you to be a very good friend but am concerned about your obsession with me.

In the years you have been a member I can count your football posts on one hand...just a thought.

I am so impressed that you have made millions from dealings in the property market...something that you can be really proud about and society owes such people a big thank you.

I have some more photos of myself for your bedroom wall..just ask and I will send them...can I do that with my computer?