PDA

View Full Version : o/t rip off holiday firms :(

gramiller1959
04-01-2016, 07:32 PM
over the last two years holiday companies blamed the cost of fuel for banging up the prices :(

this year they are 400 plus higher than last year

ie 3 weeks in cuba 4* is over 2000 for one person

rip off Britain :(

are they just taking advantage of the shrinking market ie no Tunisia no sharm etc ?

I really feel for anyone with kids now :(

avondalemiller
04-01-2016, 08:11 PM
yeah, always the same, fuel up = price hike........fuel down = price hike.....just like the energy prices..rip off

Pocket rocket
04-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Yes its a rip off I won't take my boys out of school because of there studies and if I did I'd be finedd the ho!iday companies know this

tony260674
04-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Its called capitalism gentlemen. The laws of supply and demand rule the roost. Supply is down, no Tunisia, not much in Egypt and people are understandably turning their backs on Turkey. Demand is high as people are feeling a little more confident about the future, hence the price goes up.
If you guys are thinking of strting a revolution then I am behind you, comrades.

jolly_roger
05-01-2016, 12:28 AM
Add Kos and Rhodes to that list.

Who in their right mind would want to holiday there?

Deepmidwinter
05-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Its called capitalism gentlemen. The laws of supply and demand rule the roost. Supply is down, no Tunisia, not much in Egypt and people are understandably turning their backs on Turkey. Demand is high as people are feeling a little more confident about the future, hence the price goes up.
If you guys are thinking of strting a revolution then I am behind you, comrades.

The only revolution it would take is for people to vote with their feet and stay at home. Kids don't need to go abroad to have fun. They would be just as happy to be on the receiving end of some quality time with parents. What do babies and young kids get out of holidays in the sun? Nothing - it's all about the parents needs, not the kids.

gm_gm
05-01-2016, 10:10 AM

The only revolution it would take is for people to vote with their feet and stay at home. Kids don't need to go abroad to have fun. They would be just as happy to be on the receiving end of some quality time with parents. What do babies and young kids get out of holidays in the sun? Nothing - it's all about the parents needs, not the kids.[/quote]

Correct....If Tony re-reads his own post he will discover it contains a vivid clue to how free market economies actually work.

walter10
05-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Surely holidays are luxury options if you can afford it. If you can't afford it don't go.

crashbang
05-01-2016, 02:01 PM
over the last two years holiday companies blamed the cost of fuel for banging up the prices :(

this year they are 400 plus higher than last year

ie 3 weeks in cuba 4* is over 2000 for one person

rip off Britain :(

are they just taking advantage of the shrinking market ie no Tunisia no sharm etc ?

I really feel for anyone with kids now :(

Try taking a family to Devon for a fortnight.
Abroard is a piece of pee.

tony260674
05-01-2016, 02:49 PM

The only revolution it would take is for people to vote with their feet and stay at home. Kids don't need to go abroad to have fun. They would be just as happy to be on the receiving end of some quality time with parents. What do babies and young kids get out of holidays in the sun? Nothing - it's all about the parents needs, not the kids.[/quote]

Correct....If Tony re-reads his own post he will discover it contains a vivid clue to how free market economies actually work.[/quo

millmoormagic
05-01-2016, 06:00 PM

Agree with this 100% , though even a stay at home or a few days in England can cost a fair bit in holiday times. My only thing would be the level of profit the travel comp

gramiller1959
05-01-2016, 06:19 PM

babies and young kids .. yes ... but that ends at 5yrs ... my kids would tell you what they got out of swimming with dolphins and sharks ... or whale watching in sam

Deepmidwinter
05-01-2016, 06:23 PM

babies and young kids .. yes ... but that ends at 5yrs ... my kids would tell you what they got out of swimming with

gramiller1959
05-01-2016, 06:27 PM

babies and young kids .. yes ... but that ends at 5yrs ... my kids wo

gramiller1959
11-01-2016, 09:09 PM
sorted booked a month in cuba :) 24/7 all inclusive :O that will do wonders for the waistline :s

fecking rip off Britain, two weeks from here to one hotel in cuba 1800 !!! go from Canada to the same hotel 900

now I know the flight is 3 times as long but that is 400 extra not 900 :blue:

there are numerous forums asking can I book in england through Canadian travel agents :/

I even found a flight from manchester that called at heathrow then montreal then Havana :)

wow what a trip :) roll on February :P

jolly_roger
11-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Not a patch on Skegvegas. ;)

gramiller1959
11-01-2016, 09:50 PM
jolly I checked one hotel where I went in dec 2012 the price now is 100% more now that's inflation :/

CAMiller
12-01-2016, 01:31 AM
I believe Cuba will still be full of 'mature' Canadian women looking for love Gra? Problem is they're looking for young Cuban studs not mature Yorkshiremen ;D

Should have booked through CAMiller tours - still have a week in Maui at the end of August (sleeps 6-8 ) or a week anytime in Cancun (sleeps 4) XD

gramiller1959
12-01-2016, 03:05 PM
lol cam ... yes ive seen a few of them "mature" Canadian women :) they like there pies don't they XD

not my type as you well know :) a week aint much good to me ... I just get relaxed after 7 days :) then bring on the holiday :)

I did look at mexico .. puetro Vallarta !! but the long white beaches of Playa Pesquero? Guardalavaca looked

very relaxing for long beach walks and sunbathing :)

the 24/7 all inclusive will be great for the waistline :) not :( .... I will end up as fat as brin :P