PDA

View Full Version : Alex Revell...

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2016, 11:42 AM
...Rumours have started back up again that he's coming back. Apparently ever since Evans left he's wanted to come back. And now there's this from the Cardiff forum. We should change our to Rotherham divided, love a good Revell debate. :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

UTM! - view external link (http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=167209)

millertop
06-01-2016, 11:48 AM
I can see why we would be looking at him atm but I wouldn't want him back tbh.

If the club think he's better than what we have then I'm booking in for a brain scan.

mellowmiller
06-01-2016, 12:12 PM
He's fitter than Best! :)

gorky
06-01-2016, 12:15 PM
"Apparently ever since Evans left he's wanted to come back."

Lol.

Best bit of business Evans ever did was get £400k for Revell. I wonder if they've still not paid up and are offering him back?

Derbymiller
06-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Mellow my dog is fitter than Best and Kelly and he has been dead 18 months

dmentor
06-01-2016, 12:43 PM
The one sure thing that we Millers fans know,is Rev's would give 100% every time he pulls the shirt on.

Pocket rocket
06-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Not for me

gramiller1959
06-01-2016, 12:58 PM
as much as revell is a hero if we are looking at the likes of him and becchio we are sadly on our way back to division one

where is all the talk of mid table looking up and stadium expansion gone ?

I have heard there was a very large bang over Rotherham about 8 weeks ago ! it was the bubble bursting :(

welovebooth
06-01-2016, 01:59 PM
He can't get a game at Wigan were he was on loan.

For all his plus points of we are looking at revell to keep us up than we are doomed

ackworth miller
06-01-2016, 02:32 PM
As mentioned earlier Revs will give it his all every game he plays. Absolute club legend for me. He won't make silly errors like our current squad(e.g own goals) as he is experiened. I think he can chip in with goals when it matters. Alex always wore the RUFC badge with pride (again more than can be said for most of our current squad) and i would welcome his return.

John2
06-01-2016, 02:37 PM
The one sure thing that we Millers fans know,is Rev's would give 100% every time he pulls the shirt on.

So would I.

Like Revell, I'd also be way out of my depth.

We have a lot to thank him for, but he's not Championship quality.

millertop
06-01-2016, 02:42 PM

So would I.

Like Revell, I'd also be way out of my depth.

We have a lot to thank him for, but he's not Championship quality.[/quote]

Best post so far.

Deepmidwinter
06-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Agreed. Now can we please move on?

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Well the bid has gone in, like it says in the thread it probably is what they owe us. Beaid signing soon, another coming in from City. Keeping tabs on Feeney at Bolton. (Deano Facebooks Millers page)

the_idiotb_stardson
06-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Relating back to another thread can I just withdraw my poorly judged comment that I would rather have a team of battlers?

I can't think what, but something has made me change my opinion.

millers88
06-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Appreciate everything he's done for us but its the wrong move for both parties, he wouldn't/shouldn't get in our first team and we would have to pay a fee for him anyways as he's under contract.

millertop
06-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Well the bid has gone in, like it says in the thread it probably is what they owe us. Beaid signing soon, another coming in from City. Keeping tabs on Feeney at Bolton. (Deano Facebooks Millers page)

Belaid and Brattan (City) were mentioned last week.

I've heard we haven't put any bid in for Revell so like the rest we will just have to wait and see what happens .

dmentor
06-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Well the bid has gone in, like it says in the thread it probably is what they owe us. Beaid signing soon, another coming in from City. Keeping tabs on Feeney at Bolton. (Deano Facebooks Millers page) - view external link (Looks like Redders as been reading my post regarding Feeney then.)

Ericsladkilnhurst
06-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Russell Slade has told Alex Revell that he doesn't feature in his plans for Cardiff, so looking to offload Revell either on loan, or a permanent transfer away from Cardiff.
Personally I don't think we need him back at Rotherham, he's done his stint for the Millers, got paid,got the T-shirt & promotion with the club.
Think he could do a job for a team in Division 1.

jolly_roger
06-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Consider this:-

Derbyshire sold for a fee, Revell comes back on a loan agreement as a cheaper option.

wrinkly
06-01-2016, 08:26 PM
2 goals in 28 appearances for Cardiff. Not what we need.

Rileyev2
06-01-2016, 09:25 PM

2 goals at Wembley, just what we needed.

Surprises me what's been written by some good posters on this thread.

It was never about the goals with Revs. It was everything else he did for the team. With a decent striker to feed off him we would be sorted up front.

Makes me chuckle how everyone has jumped on the petulant JCH for his lazy/disgraceful performance on Saturday, yet people are quick to point out how crap Alex Revel is.

A bloke who owes RUFC and its supporters nothing. For crying out loud, there were times he could barely walk he'd given that much.

Short sighted, short memories and football knowledge wise very naive if this thread is anything to go by.

Please come back Alex Revell.

Shame on you fellas!!!!

Ericsladkilnhurst
06-01-2016, 11:08 PM
I was a big fan of Alex Revell, he always put a shift in for the team, so no complaints when he played for us.

I did believe that we should have played with 2 upfront when he played for us, because he did win a lot of aerial duels against opponents, but no one to play to.
I can see the logic of getting Derbyshire off the pay-roll, but I also think Revell as had his time as a Millers player, I would like to be proved wrong, because he always gave 100% in a game, its down to Redfearn to decide.

millertop
07-01-2016, 07:15 AM

It was never about the goals with Revs. It was everything else he did for the team. With a decent striker to feed off him we would be sorted up front.

Makes me chuckle how everyone has jumped on the petulant JCH for his lazy/disgraceful performance on Saturday, yet people are quick to point out how crap Alex Revel is.

A bloke who owes RUFC and its supporters nothing. For crying out loud, there were times he could barely walk he'd given that much.

Short sighted, short memories and football knowledge wise very naive if this thread is anything to go by.

Shame on you fellas!!!![/quote]

Club legend in my eyes but that does not give him the right to walk back in the team.
Jus

redhouse
07-01-2016, 07:48 AM
I would go and pick him up and fetch him back to Rotherham

At least he will work and graft unlike some other current members of the squad

and if people think Best is going to be our saviour give me Revell any day ( depending on the cost of course )

I'd have Arnie and Pringle back as well :D

dmentor
07-01-2016, 08:20 AM
The only worry regarding Rev's for me is,his time with us,under the management of SE was, he gave blood sweat and tears for us,all that hard work and full blooded commitment,could have caught up with him,maybe that's what as happened at Cardiff,and some of their fans are not happy with him,could it be that those performances could not be repeated,if he did come back home,whatever Alex goes on to do,i wish him all the luck in the world,if anyone deserves it,its our Rev's.

leedsmiller
07-01-2016, 08:24 AM
Revell is a legend, a part of our history and over very many years I've seen few who can rival his energy and commitment - so let's enjoy the memories and move on. We can't utilise his past exploits in the present and he's not a Championship player. IMO.

But I'll support him every step of the way if he does return.

wrinkly
07-01-2016, 10:21 AM

Club legend in my eyes but that does not g

ParkgateMiller
07-01-2016, 11:12 AM

and if people think Best is going to be our saviour give me Revell any day ( depending on the cost of course )

I wonder what Revs would be like as Centre Half plus going up for corners?

(I'd have Arnie and Pringle back too).

Pocket rocket
07-01-2016, 11:36 AM

Riley your a top poster on here and I normally agree with you but for me he's a legend y

collecting
07-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Revell is a legend but not a championship player.

Signed by Russell Slade to get Kenwyn Jones wages off their budget last season (since disappeared to emirates team).

Pity Cardiff (red etc.), their football is dire and Slade as manager. Watch for his dismissal this season.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2016, 01:34 PM
It's confirmed we've been taking to Cardiff, mostly only post the stuff from Deano as most of the info he gets is right.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2016, 01:38 PM
We're after other strikers as well, if Revs comes back it's not like he's going to be the only option and let face it we do need options.

UTM!

mellowmiller
07-01-2016, 03:31 PM
It might be interesting pairing Revell and Becchio together.

kentmillerman
07-01-2016, 04:02 PM
I have it on good authority that Brian Sawyer, Keith Bambridge, Brian Kettlebro along with the king Ronnie Moore want to come back. Toungue in cheek.

Brin
07-01-2016, 04:58 PM
I have it on good authority that Brian Sawyer, Keith Bambridge, Brian Kettlebro along with the king Ronnie Moore want to come back. Toungue in cheek.

It's anybody pal…..a cattle market that we call the january transfer window….for me it should be abolished and the right to buy should be allowed throughout the season….

Rileyev2
07-01-2016, 09:57 PM

Club legend in my eyes but that does not give

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2016, 11:49 AM

I wonder what Revs would be like as Centre Half plus going up for corners?

He didn't score with many headers as centre forward, so can't see any difference if was a centre half coming up for corners, free kicks etc.
He might be a better option than Collins as a defender who can win & head a ball.

millertop
10-01-2016, 05:21 PM
He's on pitch now Cardiff v Shrews
Sky 134 (Welsh )

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
10-01-2016, 05:25 PM
He's on pitch now Cardiff v Shrews
Sky 134 (Welsh )

Cheers. :)

dalemiller
10-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Given the choice of Alex Revell up front or Danny Ward and it's Revs EVERYTIME me !!!

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Revell had a lot of chances today in the box, but couldn't score against Shrewsbury Town a 1st division side, so not a player in form, along with a lot more players at Cardiff today.
Fans were screaming for Russell Slades head, with chants of " You don't know, what you are doing ".

millertop
11-01-2016, 01:55 PM
unless we are playing mind games I don't think we will get him.
Becchio it is then ;)

Donald_Valley
11-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Not trying to be disrespectful to a legend but he couldn't score 12 months ago at this level and also his work rate hardley rattled the quality defences of the Championship. We must look elsewhere

outlaw
11-01-2016, 02:22 PM
[quote="Ericsladkilnhurst".[/quote]

All 4,500 of them! MASSSSSIVE CLUB

On topic - I'd take Revs back, we can't sign anyone decent. At least we know he's not bad!

Ericsladkilnhurst
11-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Russell Slade & his players blaming the state of the pitch for them losing against Shrewsbury, so the club looks like its going to lay another pitch down, looking at Slades results as a manger, it may be he will be joining the list of manager casualties, before long.
The fans are restless so he has to get some favourable results sooner than later.

kentmillerman
11-01-2016, 04:02 PM
unless we are playing minds I don't think we will get him.
Becchio it is then ;)

Spot on millerstop.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
11-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Every time I've seen Cardiff, I watched both games last season, seen on the TV a few times this season including yesterday and the game at NYS they've been sh!te, looked like one of the worst in the division every time. Was shocked that didn't finish lower last season and shocked they're where they are this season, to me it shows how crap the league is. Wasn't surprised they lost yesterday and it wouldn't surprise me if they went into free fall.

PeteWaller
11-01-2016, 05:23 PM
For Revs it's a Yes from me. It's not just about goals, it's the effect I believe he would have on JCH, the dressing room and the training ground. Infectious and worth the punt for me

kentmillerman
11-01-2016, 05:36 PM
And Beccio too Pete?

Rileyev2
11-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Yeah sign em both up!

mikemiller
11-01-2016, 11:20 PM
He is a club legend.... but we are going to need a "Wembley" standard performance from him on a regular basis for half a season to stay up, and I don;t think he is capable of that (will anybody be able to delliver that?)

Ericsladkilnhurst
16-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Alex Revell coming back to the Millers, looks like the transfer will have to be put on the back-burner, with the rumour manager Russell Slade having 3 games to turn things around at Cardiff, with the transfer embargo, City are going to need all the troops at the club to be at their disposal to keep him in the hot seat.