PDA

View Full Version : anyone concerned?

Derbymiller
06-01-2016, 07:42 PM
just a question is anyone worried about the lack of signings in the 1st week of the window? I ask because we have a lot injuries an important match in under a week. The facey signing is good, and rawson extension great news but surely we need another defender in and a midfielder before the Brighton game.

Realistically we cant be waiting for back end of the window or the feb/mar loan period as we are in the 2nd half of the season now and matches will tick away.

Just a question would welcome others views?

ackworth miller
06-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Agreed. We can't waste time and keep letting points go. Every match matters.

Pocket rocket
06-01-2016, 07:50 PM
No not yet

I think a few will be on the way out so that's when we should see some movement.

For me it's imperative we keep grant ward and sign a midfielder and a proven striker simple not really but that's what we need in my opinion

UTM

jolly_roger
06-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Well, concerned no, because for months now (in my opinion) the signs have been there that we are finding finances difficult. So any deals have to be loans (at favourable rates) and taking chances on players with "issues" that are being offloaded or have no current club.

millavanilla
06-01-2016, 08:06 PM
Not worried at all..i expect it..we are what we are..dont worry..be happy..

leedsmiller
06-01-2016, 08:13 PM
We're only a few days into the window and negotiations take time, both clubs have to reach agreement, the player has to agree to the move, wages etc and most players aren't going to jump at the first opportunity, with a long way to go until end-January they'll want to weigh up their options. So, no, not concerned - provided we're working tirelessly behind the scenes...

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Was more concerned about finances, like Jolly say clear signs, but especially when you find out things like we've been paying Roos and heard different things about Halford sign on fees etc... not sure about that but he'll be on decent money for sure. The Buxton contract also shows how careless we've been, apparently Collins is on the same type so hopefully be able to get rid now the window is open.

We'll be ok though. Feeling fine now. :D :D

UTM!

gorky
06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Was more concerned about finances, like Jolly say clear signs, but especially when you find out things like we've been paying Roos and heard different things about Halford sign on fees etc... not sure about that but he'll be on decent money for sure. The Buxton contract also shows how careless we've been, apparently Collins is on the same type so hopefully be able to get rid now the window is open.

We'll be ok though. Feeling fine now. :D :D

UTM!

In the style of Steven Toast..."Paul Bloody Douglas!". If this is all true (doubtful) then why is Douglas on the Committee of Mathematical Safety?

gorky
06-01-2016, 09:09 PM
We're only a few days into the window and negotiations take time, both clubs have to reach agreement, the player has to agree to the move, wages etc and most players aren't going to jump at the first opportunity, with a long way to go until end-January they'll want to weigh up their options. So, no, not concerned - provided we're working tirelessly behind the scenes...

Surely a deal can be made with another player/club in December, just that they can't sign until January. I'm sure we've been proactive.

Rileyev2
06-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Jolly has been beating the we're in trouble financially drum for the last 3 years.

For a bloke with a user like Jolly he's a right doom and gloom merchant.

Chill the hell out will you Ffs people.

jolly_roger
06-01-2016, 10:28 PM
It's not doom and gloom Riley, just look at the latest half year figures, the latest transfer activity and the unfinished retail outlets around the ground.

I'm no happier than you are about it but maybe a decent couple of signings might change my view but the signs aren't good.

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-01-2016, 12:13 AM
Club might be doing a few car boots on a Sunday at Docaster to get some reddies in.

millavanilla
07-01-2016, 04:32 AM
Its proper wheeler dealing this...can you imagine giving the likes of buxton a solid 2 or 3 year contract...on the other hand, we're not exactly a football magnet.. more of a last chance saloon before the drop into league 1.. five years ago we'd have taken all this what weve got now...

frogmiller
07-01-2016, 05:39 AM
Maybe, just maybe the the bigger teams that make FA cup exits will free up some players. There wouldn't be many clubs who would let their players be cup tied would there?

Does anyone know of anyone training with the club?

mellowmiller
07-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Well I wasn't too concerned as it's early days yet but now Andreu has gone back and there is no news about extending Grant Ward's loan, I'm beginning to get slightly apprehensive .
The thing is we've lost some key players through injury in addition to the uncertain loan situation that you begin to wonder what sort of a team we will be able to turn out.
I'm not particularly bothered about Saturday as the cup is not a priority but Redfearn is going to have to pull a few rabbits out of the hat before the next league game to give us a chance of competing .

millertop
07-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Press conference today so might tell us something we don't know