PDA

View Full Version : o/t Do you have any prints of famous paintings

the_idiotb_stardson
07-01-2016, 10:09 PM
on your wall?

Or even originals

If so, which paintings and which artists?

s20reds
07-01-2016, 11:13 PM
I have a few Lowry prints, signed by Lowry himself, couple of them quite rare even as prints,

s20reds
07-01-2016, 11:16 PM
I just googled one them and there is one for sale on ebay exactly the same (different limited edition number), here it is in link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-S-LOWRY-SIGNED-LIMITED-EDITION-PRINT-THE-FEVER-VAN-MANCHESTER-NORTHERN-ART-/141857348035?hash=item21075b59c3:g:PywAAOSw8cNUOQ3 x

sawmiller
07-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Only one, given to me years ago by a grateful individual for helping them "Sadak in Search of the Waters of Oblivion", though if I could get hold of any of Joan Eardley's work I would be very pleased indeed

CAMiller
08-01-2016, 05:22 AM
Not really. Have a nice set of botanical prints by Redoute (who is famous in the world of botanical art).

Prized possession is an oil painting of a steam train passing through somewhere in Rotherham/Sheffield done by my cousin for me when I was young. He isn't famous except in the family and he did have an art shop/gallery above the outdoor market for many years.

crashbang
08-01-2016, 06:01 AM
Grandson prints over every wall.

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 09:44 AM
I have an original oil painting of Lord Lucan riding Shergar, signed by the artist, R Harris, whoever he was.

Muchthemillersson
08-01-2016, 03:47 PM
I've got a couple of signed Joe Scarborough prints, 'Moving into Chapel House' and The Millers at Wembley and a signed print of the Winston Churchill portrait which hangs in the Carlton Club. That's the London one not my local Carlton in Lindrick Working Mens Club before anybody starts complaining.

Muchthemillersson
08-01-2016, 03:50 PM
I've also got a signed pencil drawn self portrait of Gladstone Guest dated 1951, the year he captained the Millers when we were promoted to Division Two.

MagyarMiller
08-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Only famous one is a print of 'Houses of Parliament ' by Monet bought inTate gift shop after Monet exhibition there a few years ago.

Other than that, a couple of signed prints of Rotherham by John Rudkin.
Some original oils of Cuban scenes by Avo, a Cuban artist.
Also some original water colours of Cuban scenes by a not at all famous artist (me)

walter10
08-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Got some van Gogh prints and a couple of signed Scarborough prints.

LincsMiller
08-01-2016, 06:41 PM
I found this print online being sold through an art agency, through the signature on the print I tracked down the original ( a young Brazilian artist) and bought it from him, Any 60s music fans will recognise the album it came from immediately.

http://i67.tinypic.com/n5hgt2.jpg

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Not the Beach Boys by any chance? XD

CTMilller
08-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Like that a lot LincsMiller! A great piece to own given your passion for all things Beach Boys. Appropriate that he puts the ringmasters hat on Brian!

I have a couple of early paintings by Pierre Doutreleau (Marine series) and David Paskett (initial Hong Kong period) and several limited edition signed lithographs by the likes of Philip Dunne, Donald Hamilton Fraser and Ilana Richardson. I also have one by Rene Magritte signed by his wife, Georgette which always makes me think of the Paul Simon song. I bought some original pieces by contemporary artists in China, Vietnam and Burma when I lived in Asia and I also have a couple of knock offs by famous artists (Yue Minjun and Fernando Botero) which you could get done quite openly in Hanoi a few years ago.

Pocket rocket
08-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Got one of my 2 sons nothing tops that

Muchthemillersson
08-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Surfin' by the Beach Boys

LincsMiller
08-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Like that a lot LincsMiller! A great piece to own given your passion for all things Beach Boys. Appropriate that he puts the ringmasters hat on Brian!

I have a couple of early paintings by Pierre Doutreleau (Marine series) and David Paskett (initial Hong Kong period) and several limited edition signed lithographs by the likes of Philip Dunne, Donald Hamilton Fraser and Ilana Richardson. I also have one by Rene Magritte signed by his wife, Georgette which always makes me think of the Paul Simon song. I bought some original pieces by contemporary artists in China, Vietnam and Burma when I lived in Asia and I also have a couple of knock offs by famous artists (Yue Minjun and Fernando Botero) which you could get done quite openly in Hanoi a few years ago.

Thanks CT.. the image on Dennis is the one the artist now uses as his logo.
ps The recent film didn't reach the local cinemas in this neck of the woods , probably not commercial e

LincsMiller
08-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Surfin' by the Beach Boys

Close enough MTM.. Surfin' Safari is the album

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Does a tennis girl scratching her arse qualify?

Certainly a classic.

Brin
08-01-2016, 08:37 PM

Certainly a classic.

18-year-old Fiona Butlerů. come on how many of us in out teens drooled over that photo?

LincsMiller
08-01-2016, 08:45 PM

Certainly a classic.

18-year-old Fiona Butlerů. come on how many of us in out teens drooled over that photo?[/quote]

Sorry Jolly...as Brins reply indicates , it was a photo so its disqualified...but if you want to upload it as a reminder i won't mind ;D

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 08:50 PM
How about a blue faced Asian woman?

LincsMiller
08-01-2016, 08:55 PM
That qualifies, along with the tearful child ....one of which used to start fires apparently :D

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Or the poker playing dogs?

Duncang
08-01-2016, 09:23 PM
I've also got the Joe Scarborough print The Millers at Wembley, it has paid of place on my office wall!

scum_triumphant
09-01-2016, 02:00 AM
I've got a very cool Lowry framed print that my Grandad left to me. Worth a few quid despite not being an original but signed and a couple of the Coca Cola 50s prints that are pretty fecking cool.
Would never part with them.
Oh, and an original Blist featuring yours truly.

scum_triumphant
09-01-2016, 02:10 AM
I also have a stunning Tracy Savage ( the one with the whale)
And a signed Audrey Hepburn print that I'm in love with.

CAMiller
09-01-2016, 03:00 AM

That's a coincidence! I was in a local charity shop just before Christmas and they had a signed and validated Audrey Hepburn photo that I loved and would have bought but they wanted $300 for it :blue:

Brin
09-01-2016, 10:26 AM

That's a coincidence! I was in a local charity shop just before Christmas and they had a signed and validated Audrey Hepburn photo that I loved and would have bought but they wanted $300 for it :blue:[/quote]

Yer tight git tha awash wi cash.....:P