PDA

View Full Version : Adam Collin….going but will never be forgotten….

Brin
08-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Having listened to Redfearn on the phone-in it's obvious Adam's time is up as in comes in an unproven keeper....why?

I get the feeling that Redfearn still sees a lot of Evo's old team and it must wrankle with him….but I must ask the question why drop Collin? He doesn't even get in the reserve side...

Thank you Adam for some great memories…..Wembley will always live long in the heart and mind of many Millers fans…..what you achieved in that penalty shoot out was exceptional and it allowed us Millers to live another dream through promotion…

Wherever you go whatever you do with your career I for one wish you well…

In comes another player from Leeds who by the way let this lad go as they didn't rate him……hope you've got this right Redfearn…

Have to wish the lad coming in Good luck hopefully it leads to a long career with the Millers...

dmentor
08-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Here here Brin,thanks Adam,all the very best in your career,top keeper.

leedsmiller
08-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Yes, agree, the phrase 'we only look to bring players in who are better than we have' has yet to be substantiated. I guess this kid has youth on his side and he's only signed to the end of the season so we can take a look at him. If Adam Collin is to depart permanently he goes having written himself into Millers folklore and I wish him all the very best for the future. Hopefully, he'll return to NYS in some capacity so we can show our appreciation.

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 07:02 PM
No it's simpler than that.

Collin will be on a regular fairly high wage which he gets for playing no football at all. So we are saving his wage and spending some ( but not all) of it on the wages (or part wages) of a loan replacement to do the same bench warming exercise.

Another pointer to the club sorting out finances and cutting back.

kempo
08-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Collin has told Redfearn he wants to go out to play as a number one...simple as that.

Pocket rocket
08-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Camp is far better and he wants to go so it makes sense.

Hope it works out for him.

Not sure about it rankling NR about him been one of Evans tbh I think it's just business.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
08-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Evans didn't fancy him either, took him a while to give him a chance in the first place even though everyone else knew how crap Shearer was, then replaced him with a better keeper obviously no problem with that, but then managed to find a keeper worse than Shearer to replace him with.

Sad to see him go, hope he gets to be number one somewhere.

Brin
08-01-2016, 07:52 PM

Collin will be on a regular fairly high wage which he gets for playing no football at all. So we are saving his wage and spending some ( but not all) of it on the wages (or part wages) of a loan replacement to do the same bench warming exercise.

and a dangerous cut back should anything happen to Camp….

Brin
08-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Collin has told Redfearn he wants to go out to play as a number one...simple as that.

Sorry Kempo…don't agree…explain why Collin who as a keeper has to keep sharp and fit never played in the reserve games?

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 08:04 PM

and a dangerous cut back should anything happen to Camp….[/quote]

Yes indeed, but needs must as they say. No point in having two well paid keepers on the books when one of them doesn't even play reserve team football.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
08-01-2016, 08:06 PM
I agree it's strange seen as though he's been on the bench the only thing I can think of is because he's going everyone knew it, they felt it's worth the risk and wanted to look at whoever has been playing in the reserves. How long has not been playing the reserve games? There were rumours we were looking for a keeper a while back.

And I agree that it's a dangerous cut back and a shame, it's great to have two good keepers but he wants what he can't have here ATM we don't want any players that don't want to be here and he's bound to be fed up even before Redfearn was here because of what I wrote above.

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 08:20 PM
I think it's just Redfearns plan to use the reserve games to bring on youngsters rather than giving fringe first teamers a run out.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
08-01-2016, 08:23 PM
There's been plenty of behind closed door games as well when we've been looking for players and had them on trial, just remembered that.

millers88
08-01-2016, 08:26 PM
I would rather us loan him out if he wants first team football, if we get relegated then he would be great to have in league 1 because lets face it, Camp wont be staying if we do go down.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
08-01-2016, 08:34 PM
It might be a loan, isn't his contract up at the end of the season? and if he's fed up he won't renew will he?

outlaw
08-01-2016, 08:39 PM

and a dangerous cut back should anything happen to Camp….[/quote]

If something happened to Camp, we'd probably just get another loan in.

millertop
08-01-2016, 08:40 PM

Sorry Kempo…don't agree…explain why Collin who as a keeper has to keep sharp and fit never played in the reserve games?[/quote]

None of the players feature in reserves but they have some behind closed door games, Sheff U was the latest I think.

Rileyev2
08-01-2016, 08:43 PM
I will never forget those saves at Wembley in the shoot out.

We owe as much to him as we do Revell in terms of how singularly they did something so so special.

That said if Adam kept goal for a full season at the level we are now at, we would be relegated.

Harsh but true..

Still love the lad though!!!!

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Probably a better atmosphere than the regular games

scum_triumphant
09-01-2016, 02:41 AM
He's not gonna get the dirt off of Camp and he's got a few good years left in him at his age he wants first team football.
So long and thanks for all the shoes .......

uttis
09-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Just want to echo the above, best of luck Adam for the future wherever you may go, been a fantastic signing and no one of a Millers persuasion will forget that fantastic day at Wembley and your part in it

dmentor
09-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Campy said its ok Adam i will remove the dirt myself pal XD