PDA

View Full Version : another sad saturday night

Derbymiller
09-01-2016, 04:32 PM
eople will over react seen on facebook people saying he needs to go, don't agree at all we need stability until end of season then lets see, if we go down easily and keep losing every week then he shouldn't be the man in league 1, if we fight to the end and just fail and we are playing decent football give him a go next year. We were always going to lose today and not bothered about the cup to be honest. There are a few things that should concern us

1. shocking team selection again, the league is what matters we have lots of injuries we should have played a much weaker team and rested players for tuesday, some teams made 9 changes today.

2. Conceding goals at either end of a half, this is getting stupid now. The first ten and last ten of each half we have to be able to play tighter and minimise the goals we concede. For me it shows the players are nervous and lack confidence as well as poor training.

3. 3 defeats on the trot when we don't win we lose, that is very worrying.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
09-01-2016, 04:53 PM
If it's ROTHERHAM UNITED THE MILLERS page you're talking about, there's some right cretins on there. Was banned for naff all by the tit whose adin on there, not bothered really saves me reading a load of sh!te and getting threatened with violence for posting a different opinion. The other main page is not as bad folk still get a little aggressive and the insults get thrown about though. Some funny wind ups. Just joined a smaller in numbers nicer page today.

kevthemaltbymiller
09-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Yes agreed, thought there would be a lot more players rested, Danny Ward went off injuried, so will he be crocked for Tuesday night? if so hope he's the only casualty.

The concern for me today was the lack of creativity, not totally convinced with persisting with the one up top when it was evident it wasn't working, but the substitutions was like for like when he had the opportunity to change the formation :blue:

CAMiller
09-01-2016, 05:10 PM
It must have been bad because at one time the BBC stats showed we had had 3 shots with -1 on goal. Did we have a shot on our own goal XD

mikemiller
09-01-2016, 08:32 PM
I've been to the match and watched an awful Millers performance against one of the poorest Leeds Utd teams that I've ever seen. We had only two shots on target during the entire match, both of which were so feeble that a young child would have saved them.

4-5-1 may have worked against Bolton, but it won't work against anybody else. The negative tactics, like bringing everybody back into our own penalty area for opposition corners, meant that there was nobody upfield to pass to when we gained possession.
Other than Newell, there was no creativity in the opposition half. When we did get a 4 v 3 breakaway, our players ran into the wrong positions, and the ball ended up being passed back to the halfway line without us even having a shot at goal! (what do they do in training???)

Our defence played quite well. other than the mistake at the end...which didn't make much difference as \we never looked like scoring an equaliser anyway...

and ,yes, RUFC should offer the travelling

Monkey46
09-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Just cant understand why we dont play 442 keep it simple, and actually try and score. So foooooookin frustrating under NR.

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2016, 08:56 PM
It must have been bad because at one time the BBC stats showed we had had 3 shots with -1 on goal. Did we have a shot on our own goal XD

No,it was in our foot

kevthemaltbymiller
09-01-2016, 09:42 PM
If you cannot be bothered to wait to see our down fall on MOD heres the link to just our highlights. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35211466)

luvpud
09-01-2016, 10:35 PM
[quote="mikemiller"]I've been to the match and watched an awful Millers performance against one of the poorest Leeds Utd teams that I've ever seen. We had only two shots on target during the entire match, both of which were so feeble that a young child would have saved them.

4-5-1 may have worked against Bolton, but it won't work against anybody else. The negative tactics, like bringing everybody back into our own penalty area for opposition corners, meant that there was nobody upfield to pass to when we gained possession.
Other than Newell, there was no creativity in the opposition half. When we did get a 4 v 3 breakaway, our players ran into the wrong positions, and the ball ended up being passed back to the halfway line without us even having a shot at goal! (what do they do in training???)

Our defence played quite well. other than the mistake at the end...which didn't make much difference as \we never looked like scoring an equaliser anyway...

millertop
10-01-2016, 09:12 AM
[quote="Derbymiller"]eople will over react seen on facebook people saying he needs to go, don't agree at all we need stability until end of season then lets see, if we go down easily and keep losing every week then he shouldn't be the man in league 1, if we fight to the end and just fail and we are playing decent football give him a go next year. We were always going to lose today and not bothered about the cup to be honest. There are a few things that should concern us

1. shocking team selection again, the league is what matters we have lots of injuries we should have played a much weaker team and rested players for tuesday, some teams made 9 changes today.

2. Conceding goals at either end of a half, this is getting stupid now. The first ten and last ten of each half we have to be able to play tighter and minimise the goals we concede. For me it shows the players are nervous and lack confidence as well as poor training.

3. 3 defeats on the trot when w

jolly_roger
10-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I've got some money 'cause I just got paid
Now, how I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way

One of my favourite songs XD