PDA

View Full Version : In next week. Outs

millertop
09-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Two players in next week 1 a midfielder not sure if other one is. (Redfearns said)

Sounds like Becchio is/has signed

Halford and Bowery have been told they can leave.

sawmiller
09-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Halford clearly doesn't want to be here - shame we never saw the best of him, but he may be our highest earner so for all sakes he needs to go as soon as possible. Shame for Bowery - may end up plying his trade in the lower leagues. Assume then it's Becchio and another. What about Richardson? Cover only? Past his 'sell by' date?

kevthemaltbymiller
09-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Paul Davis on Twitter says
#RUFC still working on Alex Revell deal. Hoping to add two midfielders next week. Monitoring Luciano Becchio's fitness. #starlive

sawmiller
09-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Mmm - as much as I love Revs, we are desperate for a goalscorer - have been since Agard left

dicky73
09-01-2016, 05:51 PM
redfearn said hes hoping to get them in,which is a long way from them,coming in.as for becchio,i cant see how he will be much fitter,seeing has hes another year into his thirties,and barely kicked a ball in a couple of years.in my eyes,we will be very lucky to stay up,no steel to the team,and crack at the first sign of pressure on them.it makes me laugh when people say,oh its only the cup,its tuesday that matters,like its a given we will beat a side who are very hard to beat away.evans made some shocking signings last summer,but redfearns arent exactly rip roaring successes are they.today facey subbed at ht,while we keep a has been on in richardson.

kevthemaltbymiller
09-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Is it really all down to Redfearn, perhaps the council search for players we can afford / available on frees, We get them on trial and tell him to pick best for that bunch.
Not sure there is much more we can hope for with our budget.

tivoliman415783
09-01-2016, 06:07 PM
so after NR slated 'Evans' players' our survival hopes are to be pinned on re-signing arguably the most iconic of Steve Evans' players in Revel and the signing by Evans that surprised everyone (bechhio)
the players that NR has brought in are nowhere to be seen. Lehnighan is more likely to be seen in a prison than at NYS, Leon Best is being paid to get his legs massaged for the last 5 weeks and Kelly is on holiday with leon best somewhere.
I hope NR can bring in something that works but for me we have seen nothing yet to suggest that who comes in will improve us.

going to be a long slog towards the end of the season to try and finish 4th bottom. why TS came out with all the nonsense in the summer about mid table and premier league I have no idea...

dicky73
09-01-2016, 06:11 PM
its not that i'm really blaming redfearn,but the crap about finishing midtable,from within the club,and redfearn,somehow always finding positives in our constant rollovers,kinda grates on me.why not just be honest and say,yes we're *bleep* and we have no intention of paying out,cos we'll be back in league 2 soon.

andy_miller72
09-01-2016, 06:14 PM
And that is the problem. We can all blame the managers for signing poor quality but finding players at this level for a club of our size is really difficult.

So far NRs method is very similar to SEs. We either sign experienced players who's careers are on a downward spiral or promising unproven youngsters. Both carry a fair amount of risk

dmentor
09-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Is it just me,or does NR interviews all the same,he may just as well do a recording and just hand it to whoever the interviewer is,fed up Miller.

millertop
09-01-2016, 06:20 PM
so after NR slated 'Evans' players' our survival hopes are to be pinned on re-signing arguably the most iconic of Steve Evans' players in Revel and the signing by Evans that surprised everyone (bechhio)
the players that NR has brought in are nowhere to be seen. Lehnighan is more likely to be seen in a prison than at NYS, Leon Best is being paid to get his legs massaged for the last 5 weeks and Kelly is on holiday with leon best somewhere.
I hope NR can bring in something that works but for me we have seen nothing yet to suggest that who comes in will improve us.

going to be a long slog towards the end of the season to try and finish 4th bottom. why TS came out with all the nonsense in the summer about mid table and premier league I have no idea...

Revell wasn't Evans player, he played for him.

dmentor
09-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Well done Millertop,bet a lot of us forgot that.

andy_miller72
09-01-2016, 06:43 PM
And at one point didn't we accept a bid for him but revs turned the move down, when in L2 - he did become key to how we played under SE though, I've never seen a footballer work as hard as revs did

tivoliman415783
09-01-2016, 08:01 PM
everyone knows Revell was not signed by Evans - the point was that the whole ethos of how we played under Evans was epitomized by the characteristics of Revell - The very characteristics and types of players that NR has said many times has left the club in a bad position - yet we are seemingly going back to this. Cant see what style NR is trying to create yet.
everything we remember so fondly about Revell comes from the style we played under Evans.

if we sign Revell then we have to become a direct team again like under Evans with a strike partner playing off him as we know Revell will not score goals but NR doesn't seem to play 4-4-2. nothing is linking up. people may not have liked Evans style but at least people knew what it was.

Derbymiller
09-01-2016, 08:02 PM
saying we need quality to create goals but they cost money, mmmmmm a little bit of a moan from NR because he won't be given any

Casper64Frank
09-01-2016, 08:22 PM
saying we need quality to create goals but they cost money, mmmmmm a little bit of a moan from NR because he won't be given any

Redfern will have known the constraints of the job when he took over.
All managers ask what player budget they have, Neil will have been no different.
He has to work with what he's got & a low budget.....we all knew that fact....didn't we ?

tivoliman415783
09-01-2016, 09:05 PM
absolutely we all knew the budget and i presume NR did thats why it surprised me that NR made such an obvious stab at SE for the quality of players he had signed because until NR proves he can do it better then he was setting himself up for criticism. up to now he has not brought in anyone worthwhile to improve us.

leedsmiller
09-01-2016, 09:31 PM
It's probably worse than a low budget, it's no budget at all i.e. NR has to create his own budget by cutting the wage bill, replacing high earners, utilising low cost players, accelerating youth development etc.

I suspect when SE was told the well had run dry and he had to follow this path that precipitated the parting of the ways, he's not a manager that likes to work on a shoestring. TS's objective, after realising we were heading for financial melt down with SE at the helm, was to find a manager willing to work under these constraints. Obviously, there wouldn't have been many takers once they were fully appraised of the situation, so step forward NR, an inexperienced manager but one willing to give it a try. Talk of his ability with young players being a smokescreen to hide the true state of affairs.

The target now is to somehow survive this season in the hope that increased tv revenues, possible increased investment, movement on Guest & Chrimes etc will help us move forward

andy_miller72
09-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Not sure we're in as bad a position financially as some presume. NR has still signed 8 players since he's been here and more are coming next week. We've also just released white while also telling halford and Bowery they can go - pretty sure that'll cost us too

millertop
10-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Am I the only one that's not sat in on the club's board?
I must be because I havent a clue what our budget is :/

Monkey46
10-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Its sat on a perch in the corner eating trill XD

mellowmiller
10-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Why does everyone blame Steve Evans for what they perceive as the club's poor financial position?
I'm betting he wasn't responsible for controlling the budget, agreeing transfer fees or negotiating contracts.
Now I wonder who was accountable for those things?!

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Like in a post this week, the Millers budget against most of the clubs in the championship is mediocre, other clubs, as a financial statement, go to stores for their players, where the Millers are left with car boot sales players, where as players other clubs don't want, we are left the crumbs.
It shows it when we can have Becchio, Best & looking at Revell, because other clubs don't want them, instance with Maguire, Collins & Halford to a few.

andy_miller72
10-01-2016, 10:49 AM
We know the wage bill was 4.8m last season. By far the lowest in the league. Mk Dons was 3.5 in L1. We also know we have the lowest gates, so it's fair to assume we struggle to compete financially at this level.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
10-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Well the only person that was sacked was SE. And it's obvious the finances arn't great, not going talk about any more but all you have to do is look.

Monkey46
10-01-2016, 10:55 AM
And as the performances keep dipping so will the gates, so will the finances.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
10-01-2016, 11:01 AM
The performances might get better and as the higher earners that are not playing go...

kempo
10-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Am I the only one that's not sat in on the club's board?
I must be because I havent a clue what our budget is :/

I think that if you had a brain that actually worked and looked st the evidence you would have a pretty good idea.

The evidence is the published financial figures for last year comparing us with the other teams...the average players who leave us because we cannot afford a contract....the way we are recruiting players, either with teenage acne on youth loans or by collecting a mish mash of criminals, invalids, redundancies, pensioners and unknown immigrants allowing them to train with us and then selecting anyone who will agree to being paid in peanuts and free groin operations.

Hopefully the above will help you out.