PDA

View Full Version : We Need A Striker

collecting
10-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Obika ?
Cummings ?
Bradshaw ?
Bechio is good, if fit, but we need more !!!

millertop
10-01-2016, 03:23 PM
We have a few strikers ;)

mellowmiller
10-01-2016, 03:41 PM
People on here keep saying we've got no money so presumably none of the strikers you've mentioned are within our reach.
Even if we could afford one of them why would he want to come to a club struggling at the wrong end of the table?

CAMiller
10-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Only one team in the bottom 13 have scored more goals than us and only one has conceded as many as us. Perhaps that indicates our problems are in other areas?

mellowmiller
10-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Only one team in the bottom 13 have scored more goals than us and only one has conceded as many as us. Perhaps that indicates our problems are in other areas?

I think this shows the problem with statistics to some extent.
Yes we have scored a reasonable number of goals but, over the season, we have missed innumerable chances and when this happens we invariably lose.
It's true we have problems in midfield and defence but I think we have lost a good number of points through not having a reliable striker.
Hopefully we can sign one in January but I doubt if we have sufficient funds in the kitty for it to happen.

CAMiller
10-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Obviously I haven't been there but from the match threads it seems our opponents in almost every game have also missed sitters so I guess everybody will be looking for someone?

caytonmiller
10-01-2016, 06:23 PM
the problem with our team/strikers is. "on there day" on his day JCH can rip teams apart. on his day D ward can out jump most 6ft 6 defender and run them ragged. on his day derbyshire scores some crackers.. all are capable but inconsistent

mellowmiller
10-01-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm certainly not disagreeing that we have problems in other (most) areas of the team.
I can think of several games though where we have created some really good chances which have been squandered by our ineffective strikers and then we have gone on to lose those games (we never draw!).
When we have taken the lead in games the confidence seems to grow through the team but if we go behind we invariably lose.
A reliable striker would certainly help the cause but I'm not suggesting it would be the answer to all our problems. UTM.

brassgnat
11-01-2016, 12:26 PM

...but none that can score goals.

pip_y
11-01-2016, 05:46 PM

...but none that can score goals.
[/quote]

They are all on strike

jolly_roger
11-01-2016, 05:50 PM
I don't get this idea that Becchio is a good striker?

Yes a couple of goals for us but one of them was when a kamikaze keeper booted the ball at him. My granny could have scored that one.

1960smiller
11-01-2016, 05:55 PM
I don't get this idea that Becchio is a good striker?

Yes a couple of goals for us but one of them was when a kamikaze keeper booted the ball at him. My granny could have scored that one. I think the word is WAS, jolly.

collecting
15-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Obika ?
Cummings ?
Bradshaw ?

mellowmiller
15-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Obika ?
Cummings ?
Bradshaw ?

I think we'll probably need to sell JCH to be able to afford one of those. I'm not against that but, even if we did sell him, would any of those on your list want to come to Rotherham when other clubs are reportedly interested in them?
Becchio is a cheaper option, he's available and being bigged up by the manager so that's who we'll probably get.
UTM

bigburns
15-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Why do people seem to think that good strikers don't miss chances too?

gwru
15-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Wouldn't rush in for Becchio. Even SE didn't want him, its Leeds old pals act. We've got 3 strikers with Best to come back. Not against selling JCH & getting Bradshaw in. Centre midfield is the priority. Defence looks sorted, hope Camp keeps fit.

collecting
16-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Obika ?
Cummings ?
Bradshaw ?

collecting
16-01-2016, 05:20 PM
and a midfielder:-
George Moncur
Romaine Sawyers

mikemiller
16-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Yes BB, good strikers do miss chances, but they also score some too.
We're over half way through the season, our top striker has scored 6 (1pen) in all competitions... which is probably relegation form
NR still has the chance to do something about that, but needs to act very soon

outlaw
16-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Unless we get one in on loan, or pluck one out of the lower leagues... We're not getting a striker better than what we already have. If Zak Clough is 3m, we don't have a prayer.

We don't have any money, we can't offer decent wages. 1m was what we could apparently afford at the start of last season. That buys you absolutely nothing.

That's why we have to take risks on people like Best and hope it pays off.

collecting
16-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Jay Simpson ?

Timbertop
17-01-2016, 07:18 PM
I'd try to part exchange Derbyshire for Bradshaw. He has great mobility,runs the channels brilliantly and has tremendous finishing ability. Perhaps other clubs have been put off by his past injury record but,hey, we're good at signing those types. Don't think Becchio meets that criteria. Can't imagine he's now anywhere near quick enough for the Championship but according to the terrace rumours he's already signed!

redhouse
17-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Jay Simpson ?

Sounds like an ideal signing for us didn't he miss 2 penalties on Saturday ;D :D

He has scored a lot though this year be it in league 2

welovebooth
17-01-2016, 09:36 PM
If Bradshaw agreed to sign for us I'll pay his fee myself on a monthly direct debit. In other words no chance.
would you swap your top scorer who you value at a million for one off ours??

Becchio give him a chance you never lose ability.. I reckon he will do a job for us won't have a problem signing him even more so with no fee

collecting
27-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Obika ?
Cummings ?
Bradshaw ?
Simpson ?
Lightening whippet from none league ?
Demari Grey esque winger.

and a midfielder:-
George Moncur
Romaine Sawyers

axholme_miller
27-01-2016, 06:04 PM
We've needed one for two seasons and still no real sign of an out and out striker. Becchio won't get the goals to keep us up on his own. Amazes me that first Steve eaves and now Neil Redfearn can't see that we need one, and in this window preferably!

outlaw
27-01-2016, 06:49 PM
eaves

Eaves? Remember him. Bring back Tom-findsthebackofthenet-Eaves!

Ericsladkilnhurst
27-01-2016, 07:06 PM
eaves

Eaves? Remember him. Bring back Tom-findsthebackofthenet-Eaves![/quote]

Steve in the Eaves is Steve Evans other when he as a night on the Tiles

great_fire
27-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Haven't Crystal Palace got 7 non-scoring strikers?

Maybe we could loan one of them, they'd probably do better in the Championship.