PDA

View Full Version : MK v Burnley - Player Ratings

ClaretTony2014
12-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Please leave ratings for all players who have played 20 mins or more.

Scoring is from 3 to 10 as follows:

10 - Out of this World
9 - Excellent
8 - Very good
7 - Good
6 - Average
5 - Below Par
4 - Poor
3 - Abysmal

cricketfieldclarets
12-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Heaton 9
Lawton 9
Ward 9
Keane 10
Mee 9
Kightly 10
Arfield 9
Barton 10
Jones 9
Vokes 10
Gray 9

No exaggeration that was perfect performance. Five scorers. Clean sheet. Controlled the game restricted them to very poor shots. Drew a red card. Ran them ragged.

outstanding performance today. Totally controlled he game. Can't give anyone less than a 9. Particularly impressive were Vokes, Kightly, Barton and the entire back four. Kightly was unlucky to be brought off so early. Two Clarets were over from Montenegro and they said he was superb. Direct put plenty of running and crosses in.
As good a performance ive seen in a long time. They were awful but we made them awful. When was the last time we won by five away? That may be the biggest away win ive ever seen!

The only negative was the MK Bowl. Nice looking stadium. But Completely soulless and devoid of any atmosphere. Plastic club. Plastic fans. Plastic stadium.

stalbansclaret
12-01-2016, 09:47 PM
A brilliant night...one of those that come along very rarely. Had to bust a gut to make it tonight and I'm very glad I did, notwithstanding the 7 parking charge. The second half took on an increasingly delirious air and the chant of "Teasdale Out" at 5-0 was my funniest moment of the season so far.

Heaton 9 ....very sound and reassuring to hear his shouts and commands echoing round the soulless MK cavern
Lowton 8.....got forward well and a great goal
Ward 7 ...struggled a bit first half against their best player..the no. 38...but generally sound
Keane 9 ..class act
Mee 9....looks very good at CH
Kightly..8 . Energetic and intelligent performance
Jones 9...positive and did what he always does in helping us build and retain possession
Barton 9...showed his quality and a great finish once he'd robbed their CH and bore down on goal
Arfield 8.. another very good performance and another player who looked a class above the MK players
Vokes 9...immense in the second half.
Gray

FCBurnley
12-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Somebody will give Vokes no more than 7 . Great win tonight.

neild100
12-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Terrific win - but could have been very very different. They folded after Sam's goal but in the first half, we couldn't cope with their pace and movement at times - fortunately their defence was pretty poor.

Heaton 8 - bizarrely in a 5-0 win, he was the busier of the two keepers. They had a lot of shots on target
Lowton 8* - always looking to carry the ball and take his man on. Obviously he cant defend - but he can shoot
Ward 8 - got forward more and more. Sometimes struggled in the first half as there was no support in front of him
Keane 8 - very solid and some crucial interceptions
Mee 7 - just about coped with their movement in the first half
Kightly 8 - positive attitude and always trying to create something
Jones 6 - as quiet as someone who's just won first prize in a being quiet competition
Barton 8 - his experience really showed tonight, good goal and everything we did revolved around him
Arfield 6 - one to forget, out of position for most of the first half, very po

claretlucas
12-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Heaton 7
Lowton 6
Ward 7
Keane 8
Mee 7
Kightly 7
Arfield 6
Barton 8
Jones 7
Vokes 8
Gray 7

Boyd 8

Much more fluid than some of our recent away performances. Milton Keynes were terrible but we were extremely clinical and put them to the sword

IanMcL
12-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Total Control! Super performance and virtually every chance taken.

Some great goals. Loved Lowton's goal!

He put in some great crosses too, so is my m.o.m.

Heaton 8
Lowton 9
Ward 9
Keane 8
Mee 8
Kightly 8
Arfield 8
Barton 8
Jones 8
Vokes 9
Gray 8

Boyd 8

Magnificent.

cricketfieldclarets
13-01-2016, 01:08 AM
St. Albans you must've been sat near me as it was myself who chanted Teasdale out. Think I had Teasdale Tourette's

cricketfieldclarets
13-01-2016, 01:13 AM
6s in a 5-0 away win? Give me strength.

ClaretTony2014
13-01-2016, 01:53 AM
Heaton 8
Lowton 8
Keane 9
Mee 8
Ward 8
Kightly 8
Barton 9
Jones 9 :star:
Arfield 8
Vokes 9
Gray 8

Boyd 8

Peter_Nobles_Wig
13-01-2016, 07:07 AM
Heaton 8
Lowton 8
Ward 8
Keane 9
Mee 8
Kightly 8
Arfield 8
Barton 9
Jones 8
Vokes 10 (MOM) What a goal... "Skippy-esque"
Gray 8

Boyd 9

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
13-01-2016, 07:09 AM
I suppose Heaton seemed busier as he actually made some saves and didn't just pick the ball out of the back of his net!! We actually had more shots on target!

Cheerful
13-01-2016, 07:49 AM
Heaton 8
Lowton 7
Ward 7
Mee 8
Keane 8
Barton 9*
Jones 9
Kightly 8
Arfield 7
Gray 7
Vokes 8

Boyd 7
Fred 7
Hennings 6

bleedingClaret
13-01-2016, 07:57 AM
Heaton 9
Lawton 8 - 1 for the goal
Ward 8
Keane 8
Mee 8
Kightly 8
Arfield 7
Barton 9 - 1 for the goal
Jones 8
Vokes 9 - 2 for the goal :star:
Gray 8 - 1 for the goal

Boyd 8 - 1 for the goal

pushpinpussy
13-01-2016, 08:00 AM
6s in a 5-0 away win? Give me strength.

i agree, what the hell do people want.

notnowbernard
14-01-2016, 11:15 AM
just catching up, better late than never
Heaton 8
Lowton 6
Ward 6
Mee 7
Keane 7
Barton 8
Jones 8
Kightly 7
Arfield 7
Gray 8
Vokes 8

Boyd 8
Ulvestad 6
Hennings 7

They were absolutely terrible, and yes 6s, Lowton & Ward's positioning defensively was poor at times, against anyone half decent we would have been punished.

fungus_the_bogeyman
14-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Heaton 8
Lowton 8
Keane 9
Mee 9
Ward 7
Kightly 8
Barton 9
Jones 9
Arfield 7
Vokes 9
Gray 8
Boyd 9

cricketfieldclarets
14-01-2016, 02:50 PM
So Lowton who kept a clean sheet, scored a great goal and started the move for another goal got 6?
Equally ward who won the free kick for Grays goal and linked up very well with Arfield all night also got a 6?

Our biggest away win in 70 years and people still moan!

'We would have lost if we played someone else'. Well we didn't play someone else and we played against MK exactly how we should.

nil_desperandum
14-01-2016, 05:41 PM
"Lowton & Ward's positioning defensively was poor at times, against anyone half decent we would have been punished."
Interesting that despite their poor defensive positioning, (presumably following Dyche's tactics), we have not so far conceded a single goal with this combination at fullback. (Admittedly that may partly be due to the omission of Michael Duff).
In fact - with the exception of the 3 goals at Hull, we haven't conceded a single league goal at any time when Lowton or Ward have been on the pitch this season.

BabylonClaret
14-01-2016, 07:21 PM
The comment about being punished against anyone half decent is utter dog*bleep*. Not just because of n_d's well reasoned post but because actually those two have already played against two "half decent" teams and conceded the princely sum of 1 goal, not lost, and (bar a poor ref) should have won both.

Yes MK were not great at the back. But how many other sides have bounced them 5-0 ??? Er that would be none in this league. Not even the "half decent" Boro, Derby, Hull, Ipswich and Brighton, who even between them have mustered a total of 3 more goals in all those 5 games than the 2 we've played against MK. And in the last 2 home games games they've (MK) also beaten Sheffield and Cardiff.

cricketfieldclarets
14-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Exactly. Some very good points well made. We approached the game in the way we needed to against a side like that. Perhaps Lowton and ward should've sat back and defended against a team down the bottom?

Some people will never be happy. A bloke in town on Wednesday said we were lucky and we played awful. What planet are these people on.

Cheerful
15-01-2016, 07:51 AM
I like Lowton and would certainly stick with him ahead of Darikwa, but he didn't have a great game.

He consistently gave the ball away in the first half especially - after one of his failed crosses he looked to the sky in frustration with himself, and just before half-time Barton had a real go at him for a weak header back into play which gave them a free-kick on the edge of the box. He was nutmegged in the first half which let the winger a free run into the area, and early in the second was dispossessed in his own half.

Yes he scored but just because we have a big win away doesn't mean that every player automatically deserved 9 out of 10, they didn't.

JohnAngusFan
15-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Heaton 8
Lowton 7
Ward 7
Mee 8
Keane 8
Barton 8
Jones 8*
Kightly 8
Arfield 7
Gray 7