PDA

View Full Version : How many did we have at MK game?

mkmel
14-01-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm seeing a few Milton Keynes guys tonight and want to tell them how our supporters outsung their pathetic following

CnBtruntru
14-01-2016, 09:33 AM
I think you have been liked as many times as they have actual fans :)

domclaret
14-01-2016, 09:37 AM

ClaretTony2014
14-01-2016, 09:43 AM
"How many did we have at MK game?"

Why don't you look at the fixtures page on the site - it is linked to above on the board - all the away followings are on there.

bleedingClaret
14-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Thing is we were a little quieter than usual cos it all felt a little odd, a bit eerie.
I actually felt self conscious singing, like I was talking to loud in the library
Up far from the pitch with no one visible to our left, right or below and because a lot of us on the left round the curve couldn't see the couple of thousand of MK fans down underneath further to the left, who made not a sound all night, we generally thought there was only 3 to 3 half thousand of them rather than the about 5 and a half to 6k I would guess at. As for 10011 well.
927 was a good following for a Tuesday night, I would think the 2000 to 2500 we'd have taken on a Saturday might at least have stopped that echo-ey empty stadium sound.
Thanks Fixture experts
I was wondering what the Montenegrin Clarets must have thought of the whole sorry atmosphere.
Hope they do make it on the Derby home game, Turf Moor ain't Boca Juniors La Bombonera but it'll be a million miles from Tuesday Stadium MK feel,
I thin

Leisure
14-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Dave - Where's Montenegrin?????

IanMcL
14-01-2016, 10:45 AM
It is the happiest end of Montenegro, isn't it?

Redbeard
14-01-2016, 10:48 AM
CnBtruntru - Melvyn I'm sure has never been 'liked' as such, but merely humoured a few times...>;)

bleedingClaret
14-01-2016, 11:50 AM
"Dave - Where's Montenegrin?????"

People From Montenegro are Montenegrin I Believe.........................

Next

B)

cricketfieldclarets
14-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Bleeding Claret. I had the exact same feeling.

I also felt I had to keep apologising for the poor atmosphere as it was worse than I imagined it would be and I felt it was a reflection on our support as much as theirs (which is obviously not the case).

One of the lads has been to four other games and he knows the atmosphere we can and do generate. He was at Wigan away on boxing day 2013 which was as good as you will get. West Brom in the premier league. Bad performance but a great following and atmosphere. Then Boro at Home and Liverpool at home which were also pretty good. They kind of understood why the atmosphere was bad but as one of them was experiencing his first game I was a little embarrassed by it all!

Every time we sang it was weird. Partly because of the poor acoustics and attendance but also because people as you say felt awkward joining in. It was genuinely the weirdest and worse atmosphere I have ever seen at a game.

As for the football. They were very impre

cricketfieldclarets
14-01-2016, 01:25 PM
This was the view of the home end from where we sat.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dj18cw.jpg

domclaret
14-01-2016, 01:29 PM
The one thing that pic highlights is - give me an old fashioned ground (wooden seats an all) over your modern day soulless bowl any day of the week.

The people who bitch on about wooden seats and not having a plastic one are the kind of people you can see in this pic

Rick_Muller
14-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Here's the view of the Clarets from my seat - sat with my Claret shirt on display with no problems at all.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hx06h.jpg

One thing I will say for the stadium, they certainly look after the disabled supporters, no lifts needed, great view and under cover.

EDIT - also from where I was sat the Claret fans were loud and proud, commented upon by the locals in reference to the volume compared to other teams

cricketfieldclarets
14-01-2016, 01:56 PM
The facilities at the ground are great and it is pretty impressive - and I hate new grounds. But all that went out of the window when we tried to make any noise!

I guess most of the home supporters are football fans rather than MK fans?

As for wooden seats. Always makes me laugh that. Plastic seats for plastic fans.

MK Seats were neither though - leather. Bloody leather!

cricketfieldclarets
14-01-2016, 02:15 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/219812w.jpg

mkmel
14-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Oooh you little tinker Redders !!! :)

You know how to hurt my feelings lol

claretblue
14-01-2016, 02:55 PM
'...He was at Wigan away on boxing day 2013...'

he'll have missed our defeat at Middlesbrough then :O

:)

cricketfieldclarets
14-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Before MK Dons he had been to four games. Played 4 Won 0 Drawn 1 Lost 3 For 0 Against 7. He said that for each of the previous games he had attended he wanted one goal plus one for the night. None of us expected him to be so accurate!

Rowls
14-01-2016, 05:26 PM
The seats are imitation leather. As if there is anything genuine about that poxy, pretend, plastic excuse for a football club.

Stevie_BFC
15-01-2016, 09:53 AM

Stevie_BFC
15-01-2016, 09:56 AM
"How many did we have at MK game?"

"Why don't you look at the fixtures page on the site - it is linked to above on the board - all the away followings are on there."

How very typical... Why not just simply answer the man's question? Oh look at me, I know everything!