PDA

View Full Version : Allan Judge

goalposts
15-01-2016, 08:50 PM
impressed tonight, MOM performance would be a good buy , but i struggle with players fees these days so 3-4 million for me

guitargeorge
15-01-2016, 08:51 PM
They will ask for a lot more than that

nil_desperandum
15-01-2016, 08:52 PM
"so 3-4 million or me"
Doubt very much Brentford will want you. :), so it will have to be the millions.

0oogeorgeoghani
15-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Was there only real threat. Average to good, but then again he would be when.his future employers are watching, imo, 3 mill or give it a miss we have as good or if not better

FCBurnley
15-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Head and shoulders their best ( and only) player. Dont see 8 mill but he would be a very good signing.

Funkydrummer
15-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Well, for one, I was sick of seeing him and hearing his - was he playing to impress ?

Not sure he can play like that every game

Pieandapint
15-01-2016, 09:05 PM
We don't have better than that - we don't have a player like that really.

HollandsPies
15-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Thought he looked a threat all game. Good goal too.

Is he better than our wide players? Not sure.

Happyclaret12
15-01-2016, 09:17 PM
scored with his left peg then chose to take a later free kick with his right....never a bad thing when they can use both feet.

fatboy47
15-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Plays similar to Wade Elliott.

Certainly not a world beater, and nowhere near 8m.

I'd take him on a free but I wouldn't be pushing the boat out for him.

corkcityclaret59
15-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Think Judge will want to sign for Burnley or one of the the top teams.He's watching the European championship aswell as Ward,needs to get with a top side.

scouseclaret
15-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Looked like he was playing for a contract to me....

longside4evr
15-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Good player but Not premier league quality if thats where we are plying our trade next season

Pieandapint
15-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Whilst he's got good feet and would offer something different, does he have the pace that we need?

Imploding Turtle
15-01-2016, 10:02 PM
If we're misspelling his already then he must be signing for us.

I've always enjoyed how we seem to misspelled the simplest ofs just because there's more than one variation of it, yet I bet if Tarkowski signs we'll all get that right every time. Not a criticism, just an observation I enjoy.

Pieandapint
15-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Misspelled

nil_desperandum
15-01-2016, 10:23 PM
"Misspelled"
Mistaken?

Imploding Turtle
15-01-2016, 10:24 PM
I refuse to correct it.

Colburn_Claret
15-01-2016, 10:26 PM
I think he's a great player, worth a lot more than 4 mill to someone, but not to Burnley. His age is against him for us to splash that kind of cash. Then again if he was only 22 everybody would be after him.

Imploding Turtle
15-01-2016, 10:28 PM
We're good enough and financially secure enough that we don't need to be buying our players with the biggest concern being their resale value.

bodge
15-01-2016, 10:33 PM
He's a very good player but if you were watching that as a neutral you would be saying that Arfield's goal was out of the very top drawer.

Technically Arfield is excellent at keeping possession, it's the right hand side of midfield that needs the upgrade in quality on occasions, but not just now as Boyd has palpably upped his game.

Morgan
15-01-2016, 10:37 PM
"palpably". Love that word.

(Def: "able to be touched or felt" )

Steve_Harpers_Perm
15-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Good performance in his Brentford farewell.

ArmchairDetective
15-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Performed very well twice against us this season, and a decent amount of goals this year for a midfielder. But not sure he would fit in to our system being restricted to the wing.

CombatClaret
16-01-2016, 12:45 AM
Looked good tonight but I think his value is subjective. Every team in this league will value thier "best" player; defender, mid or striker at somewhere between 7-11million because that's what the market, board and fans demand so as not to look like idiots. Not sure he would add much to what the squad has shown they can already do in the last week so let him tick over in a middling team.

blueheeler1
16-01-2016, 04:31 AM
--ghani have to agree with you.

A good player and would compliment what we have but not give us another dimension.

His main advantage is being around 27 and a seasoned pro. Quick feet and has bit of pace.

Jones, Marney and Joey getting on so that maybe the prime interest in Allan.

Claret4ver
16-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Got to disagree with some of these points. I thought he was excellent last night and he would definitely give us sth more on the right hand side. Boyd's spot would be in danger. He is always available, mobile, bit like Barton, quick, scores, so good cover up front - and very tricky. Everything Brentford did that was good went through him last night. And he scored while playing in a poor team. He would be a very exciting addition.

AuntSally
16-01-2016, 08:18 AM
I agree with some on here when they say he played like he was trying to impress but from what I saw of him, he's better than Boyd. Not difficult I know, as when I watch Boyd I keep wanting to give him a push him, so he moves a bit quicker.

But I'd say no more than 3-4 million in todays market, tops.

Colburn_Claret
16-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Re Burnley don't need to buy players with a sell on value.

IF we can get back in the prem and stay there for at least 3 years, then there may come a day when that is true, but we're a long way from it at the moment. Every player we buy will always come with a sell on value. For teams the size of Burnley that will always be the case. Sad but true.

The Bedlington Terrier
16-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Reminds me a lot of Wade Elliot and that can't be at all bad!

Rileybobs
16-01-2016, 10:04 AM
The jury's out at that price tag.

Mike_Baldwin
16-01-2016, 10:12 AM
It's the first time I have seen Judge play and he was very good in the second half. Not that good in the first half..

The overriding feeling on here seems to be he would be the ideal replacement for Boyd who IMO was very good in the first half.. Not that good in the second half although he was very disciplined in his defensive duties..

From what I saw I wonder if he would fit into our system, popping up all over the place on both wings,, taking all the free kicks and corners when your 3-0 down at home playing for a mid table side is all well and good. Protecting and working with your full back in disciplined manner is a completely different skill set. Can he do that? Based on his first half performance that would be No..

corkcityclaret59
16-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Hope everyone here realises the money that's involved in the premier league next season, a few million won't make any difference to the board because their businessmen above all else and can see an opportunity to capitalise, so don't be worried about the money lads,it's out of your hands

IanMcL
16-01-2016, 04:51 PM
If its a choice between bringing on Kightly or Judge....no contest! it would also give Boyd and arfield a chance to be sharp for longer in a match.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-01-2016, 07:41 AM
I cannot see 8,000,000 though!

fatboy47
17-01-2016, 09:44 AM
We gave him acres of space.

Like most players he looked good running around unchallenged.

The goal was the only truly incisive contribution from him......where Lowton was too easily bypassed and Heaton was slow to get down.

Boyd was similarly seen as a world beater when running around unchallenged in the second and third tiers, banging in the occasional eye-catching goal.

It's hype. Were he worth that kind of Wonga then a Prem team would have waltzed off with him long ago, or would be scuppering our intentions as we speak.

treadmillclaret
17-01-2016, 11:02 AM
"The goal was the only truly incisive contribution for him"

Really ?....personally thought he ran the show in the second half and everything Brentford did was driven by him.

If the pure definition of "truly incisive" is scoring a goal then I suppose you are correct - but they came very close a few times and ended up the game with more shots than us (which given our superiority in the first half was quite a turn around)

Judge has clearly been Brentford`s best player all season and has scored a number of really good goals - he has been consistently good in a team that has been through a lot of turmoil this year.

That said nobody is calling him a world beater and I don`t think anyone (including Dyche) is saying he is worth anywhere near 8m - other than Brentford.....who would do wouldn`t they ?!!

If we can get him for around 3m to 5m then from what I have seen of his performances this year he will improve our first eleven - which is what I think most fans are looking f

ecc
18-01-2016, 09:23 AM
First viewing of him. I thought he was very impressive and, above all, incisive. But 8m at 27? No.

claretspice
18-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Struck me as someone who revelled in a free role, a sort of cross between Boyd or Arfield and Robbie Blake. He just played where he liked in the second half.

A good player then, but I'm not absolutely sure how he'd thrive in the more disciplined, regimented system Dyche prefers. Tellingly, in the first half when Brentford didn't have the ball and Brentford had to be more disciplined, he was entirely anonymous both in and out of possession.

There's an argument that we already have Boyd who for all his hard-running, would see his strengths on the ball better served by playing behind a striker rather than from the wing. My immediate impression of Judge was similar, possibly without the hard-running.

longside4evr
18-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Has he just come good this season Judging on the fact he was at the also rans down the road twice and never really pulled up any trees all be it playing in a crap team
And whats his goals ratio bagging in previous seasons what I'm getting at you cant ask for 8 million based on one good season
I get he's a seasoned professional and would fit the bill having a good insight on the North West so would settle in quickly but are we just basing facts on him having on good season their

Selby_Claret
18-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Couple of things.....

1) Although he seemed to have the lion's share of the ball in the 2nd half on Friday I don't remember, goal aside, him being that threatening - he certainly was trying hard (contract? cameras? Dyche?), he kept chucking hopeful balls in the box and his energy levels seem to suit our style of play but i fear his style may be hampered if Dyche were to make his defensive duties in front of the full back more of a feature of his game. I think we very quickly forget sometimes that Boyd / Arfield / Kightly have defensive responsibilities first and foremost which sometimes mean they come in for criticism on here for not being proper 'wingers' and flying down to the byline at every opportunity. Cases in point - Stanislas and Wallace - who couldn't get in our team regularly and were shipped out - but who now look like world beaters in 5 man midfields with less onus on defending and more freedom to roam.

2) I personally think that, with 20 games to go, the selection o

longside4evr
18-01-2016, 10:08 AM
My sentiments exactly in post 40 Selby spot on

Claret4ver
18-01-2016, 10:23 AM
It's probably a bull**** tweet but there's a suggestion on line we are looking at Adam Forshaw