PDA

View Full Version : Andre Gray

lancaster100
16-01-2016, 10:59 AM
What was all that about. I am a real good fan of Andre but his contribution at Brentford was nothing short of pathetic. No running no putting players under much pressure no going looking for the ball no real commitment. It was patently clear he had no desire to score. At the end of the day he is a professional and as such he must put in a stint no matter who is the opponent, I am always concerned when I see a professional not trying when they are playing against a former club it tells me he is able to deliberately have a poor game when it suits.

longside4evr
16-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Not a very good player away from home I Am afraid

bodge
16-01-2016, 11:12 AM
It was a magnificent set up for Arfield's goal, perfectly weighted.

He wasn't at his best but still showed good movement.

Colburn_Claret
16-01-2016, 11:15 AM
To be fair if he didn't care he put on a really good act of celebrating Arfields goal. It was just one of those games where the ball didn't roll for him. His opportunities to turn the last man were thwarted more by lack of fortune than lack of skill, and the balls into the box for him either fell behind him or the defender got in a good block.
He will continue to be the sort of player who will miss 2 for everyone he puts away, but he gets into enough good positions to enable him to be the leagues top scorer anyway.
He doesn't need to change anything for me I'll take him as he is.

mgill87
16-01-2016, 12:07 PM
I think the OP is being far too harsh. Players have good games and they have bad games. Strikers are confidence players and things just didn't go his way yesterday. He did set up Arfield's goal very well and scored against MK Dons in the week. He's the sort of player that when he doesn't score, he's getting an assist. I'd much rather that than him being selfish than getting neither.

Jamb0MackemClaret
16-01-2016, 12:22 PM
He wasn't at his best in front of goal but he was involved in the first and didn't he win the free kick for the second? Although his finishing was poor, Brentford were terrified of him and gave us space to play. Just because he isn't scoring doesn't mean he isn't contributing.

That said, I'd have considered putting Marney on for him at HT. He didn't look up to it and we could have done with an extra man in midfield.

Felix3280
16-01-2016, 12:23 PM
I think it was alluded to in the post match interviews. First half Brentford sat so deep in the hope that Gray wouldn't turn them and break free. They allowed us to play in front of the defence and on another occasion could have stifled our creativity. As it happens, confidence is soaring and we took our chances from distance.
They changed their tactics at half time and pushed higher up the field, closed down quicker and generally didn't allow us as much time on the ball

sheedyclaret
16-01-2016, 01:44 PM
3 away wins in a week and people still picking holes in our players...give thy head a wobble

AuntSally
16-01-2016, 01:55 PM
"3 away wins in a week and people still picking holes in our players...give thy head a wobble"

A team winning and every individual playing really well doesn't always correlate, you know. I hope our manager doesn't ignore anything that a player could improve upon, simply because we won.

However, as Felix3280 pointed out, his running in the first half helped us a lot and forced Brentford back. Had Gray not started I very much doubt we'd have been 3-0 at half time, possibly not even winning. They knew he was dangerous and it made them afraid to push forward too much. In the 2nd half, they had to really, as they had nothing to lose. Having him up top, even if he doesn't score, is still a huge plus.

Cirrus_Minor
16-01-2016, 02:02 PM
I think he tried to hard and rushed a lot of chances. But his pace and power terrified their defenders. He should have scored at least a couple.

Rileybobs
16-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Gray bullied their defenders in the first half, getting his body in the way to bring a number of difficult balls down. He missed a good chance and also missed a great opportunity to play Vokes in 1 on 1. It wasn't his day and he was rightly brought off. Saying that it was clear that he had no desire to score is retarded beyond comprehension.

minniemouth
16-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Strange how many of his goals have been right foot sweeps with his instep or top of the boot. Anything else he seems to snatch at and look very clumsy.
OP talking bollox. Apart from his finishing he put a shift in.

Sidney1st
16-01-2016, 02:52 PM
"playing against a former club it tells me he is able to deliberately have a poor game when it suits."

XD XD XD XD XD XD.

mgill87
16-01-2016, 02:56 PM
"didn't he win the free kick for the second?"

I think it was Jones who was fouled for that free kick.

taio
16-01-2016, 02:59 PM
'I think it was Jones who was fouled for that free kick'

Sure was - they look similar though

The Bedlington Terrier
16-01-2016, 03:20 PM
I think he was trying too hard! He needs to learn to relax and take some deep breaths. He really is still learning his trade. Give the lad a break please guys?

Wembley09
16-01-2016, 03:42 PM
He was poor last night. His touch/passing was appalling, shooting was even worse.
Although he did set up the goal. Wasn't surprised when Dyche took him off.

I wonder if he didn't really want to do it against his old team, mentioned on Sykysports that he was still friends with alot of the Brentford players.

That said even the best players have off days, can't score in every game. Pretty much sure that come the end of the season he will be at the top of the Championship scorers table. :)

ClaitonClaret
16-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Minniemouth, top of the boot is the instep!!

ClaitonClaret
16-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Just a game where his touch deserted him. It happens.

IanMcL
16-01-2016, 04:44 PM
I think Claret 13552 has it. Away from home, he seems to think he has to do something different and tries to be more exact or sometimes, the opposite and snatches at it...and the moment has gone. Hennings is technically far supierior. Gray has a knack though!

pushpinpussy
16-01-2016, 04:44 PM
A ‘bellend’ is typically a british insult, referring to someone as the tip of a ***** or the OP views at fishing regarding Andre Gray

corkcityclaret59
17-01-2016, 04:18 AM
Bad day out, tried too hard, right to take him off,was beginning to lose his cool,missed three sitters

beddie
17-01-2016, 05:50 PM
He should have gone to SD when he came off and apologised for having such an awful game. If you were looking at him for the first time you would have thought he's out if his depth, unfortunately, it just wasn't his night, hopefully the next one will be :D

summitclaret
17-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Hennings has skill but, he looks like he has Robbie's divers boots on most of the time.

Leave Gray alone. We are scoring so many goals because they are all scared stiff of him and others are therefore less marked.

We have finally realised that we need to attack teams and not hold back trying for a 1-0 win away.

belgianclaret
18-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Good player, but still needs to work on his first touch